SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-15, 07:00 AM   #1
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

bullhorn How do you add an object that is not clickable to the interior to a sub?

Whenever I add an object to a sub interior, a poster or a souvenir katana, for example, it's clickable. It lights up when my mouse hovers over it.

How can I make it just static? I want it to ignore my mouse and not get highlighted whenever I pass it.
Old 05-06-15, 03:20 AM   #2
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

It's not clickable in the .sim file. I don't know what is going on. It stays dark until I click around it then it get normal color. I just want it to be normal color all the time. The cups and binoculars don't light up and draken, why do my 3d objects do it?

EDIT: I added a UnifiedRenderControler to teh node and that stopped the highlighting, but it stays the same color even at night.... maybe I am getting closer.... or I could be messing it up further! LOL

Last edited by james_nix; 05-06-15 at 03:44 AM.
james_nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 06:05 AM   #3
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

your object doesnt have an ambiant occlusion map, right ( 2nd uv-mapping channel, annex -uv2.obj/mtl)? that way it is black because the interior lights cannot illuminate the object properly, but it will light up when you force the camera angle on it.
Old 05-06-15, 06:39 AM   #4
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
your object doesnt have an ambiant occlusion map, right ( 2nd uv-mapping channel, annex -uv2.obj/mtl)? that way it is black because the interior lights cannot illuminate the object properly, but it will light up when you force the camera angle on it.
It does have a-uv2 and it's not totally black, just really, really, dark (until I mouse over). It would be totally black if I didn't add the ambient occlusion sub-node to the diffuse texture node.

I followed http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135177 to make the -uv2, but it's definite possibility I could of done it wrong.

It's seems like it thinks it is a focusable object for some reason. It's a brand new node I make from scratch by appending to the parent, so it's not using the same id as something else that is focusable in the sim file.

Maybe I will try to re
Old 05-06-15, 07:03 AM   #5
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default can you give me a screenshot?

hi, could you upload sreenshots for me to check over? best be one of the node tree and the 3d window of skwas3d, 2nd one ingame with the black object, 3rd with the focused and enlightened object?
Old 05-06-15, 07:56 AM   #6
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
hi, could you upload sreenshots for me to check over? best be one of the node tree and the 3d window of skwas3d, 2nd one ingame with the black object, 3rd with the focused and enlightened object?
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out~!

Maybe I am doing the -uv2 mapping wrong. I'm just a beginner and really don't know what I am doing. Look at my 3ds, the scabbard is the first uv map so you don't include it, and the katana is the -uv2? Or is that totally wrong?

Old 05-06-15, 08:56 AM   #7
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

does your ao-map have the greyscaled diffuse map in its alpha-channel? furthermore, you need to make the model you add a chield node of interior_root, otherwise it wont be recognized as to be using the same source of light the rest of the interior uses. that may be the fault afterall. your material has to be listet BEFORE the model node

ps ahh, just saw you did that. does the ao-map show up in s3d when you disable the swords diffuse map? last pictures seems to me as if the ao-map is missing. the map needs to be placed in the /data/textures/tnormal/ - folder, along with all the other texture files

another guess, you put the sword on the desk and there is a camera_behavior node for the desk view angle, could be it interferes withe the desk. have you tried putting it somewhere else?

Last edited by jhapprich; 05-06-15 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-06-15, 07:59 PM   #8
derekb525
Seaman

Downloads: 251
Uploads: 0

I think what you're doing is confusing the UVs the -uv2 is just for the AO map. it shouldn't have any texture data.

try exporting the katana twice, once as "katana.obj" and the 2nd time as "katana-uv2.obj" without making any changes to the model between exports. then import it into s3d and click the load .obj files and you should see both pop up.

I'm going off of memory so I may be mistaken, but this is how I remember doing it
derekb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 05:50 AM   #9
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekb525 View Post
I think what you're doing is confusing the UVs the -uv2 is just for the AO map. it shouldn't have any texture data.

try exporting the katana twice, once as "katana.obj" and the 2nd time as "katana-uv2.obj" without making any changes to the model between exports. then import it into s3d and click the load .obj files and you should see both pop up.

I'm going off of memory so I may be mistaken, but this is how I remember doing it
That did it! Thanks so much! Now I can personalize my interior!
Old 05-07-15, 06:18 AM   #10
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ahh, that would have made things much easier. great misunderstanding
Old 05-07-15, 02:21 PM   #11
derekb525
Seaman

Downloads: 251
Uploads: 0

no problem, glad it worked out.