Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-18, 06:00 AM   #9
Christopher Snow
Engineer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default So I was thinking about why I left...

...and I'm pretty sure it was some political issue or battle...

...so I will be avoiding those. Still primarily a sim-racer, but I'm getting older, have some body breakdown issues (half ruptured left achilles which was missed a couple years back and which may not be repairable now), so I'm back to...the more intellectual pursuits. I could still walk 360 around a scope, so, I'll gradually get myself back in the saddle.

Feeling like I want to try SH4, even though I also own SH5--I've at least seen a convoy thru the scope with SH4, but it was a year or more back.

I happen to have a 43" 4K monitor here in front of a standing desk( maybe 15" from my glasses, so it's a BIG picture), recommended to me by a Texas lawyer who was STILL using such rig even into his nineties...his actually was twelve feet long and he moved between four of them along his..."bar." Astounding old gent, and STILL in practice even at that age. I only have this one though, and the days when I used to plot with a protractor, ruler and calculator across the face of a 21"CRT are long gone now. I don't really want to wear the face of this flatscreen out either...so do we have usable "virtual" tools like these in SH4 or SH5?

I will certainly ask too in those subforums, but if anyone has a good kickoff with mods, tools, etc for SH4, I'm inclined to start there.

Thanks once again for everyone's help getting me back in my old pants!

Last edited by Christopher Snow; 10-02-18 at 06:30 AM.
Christopher Snow is offline   Reply With Quote