Old 10-09-18, 05:47 PM   #3316
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenwurst View Post

Great choreography, Toni Basil????

@ vienna, 0.13 Candy Johnson?? in bikini !!!

The clip is from one of the many "Beach Party"-based films titled Pajama Party. That is Candy Johnson off to the right on the stage; the singer is Donna Loren, who was being groomed as the next big singing star and she did have a modest bit of fame at the time. The dancer, later in the clip, doing the slow motion grind dance is Susan Hart, who was sort of the sultrier offset to Candy's frenetics. Hart was also the wife of the President of American International Pictures, the company that produced and distributed all the "Beach" movies. The chief choreographer for most, if not all, of the "Beach" movies was the famed David Winters and many of his student were dancers in his routines. Toni was an assistant to Winters, thus she was responsible for a good many of the routines in those films; this was also the reason she was featured in some of the numbers; Teri Garr was, and is, a close friend of Toni and also the reason she was featured in some routines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumo30 View Post
@Post #3303
Thank you vienna.

Killing Floor - Woman You Need Love (1969)

Just stating facts...

The clip you posted reminded me of the Howlin' Wolf song, Killing Floor:

As noted in the comments on the clip, there seems to be suspiciously similar to a song Lec Zep claimed as their own, The Lemon Song; Wolf and his publishers did sue LZ over copyright infringement and the case was settled with Wolf getting a good-sized payout, a co-writer's credit, and mailbox money for the remainder of his life...

Eric Clapton, while still in Cream, had been working hard on trying to work out a guitar arrangement for hir trio setting and had had no success; imagine his astonishment when a new guitar-slinger from the US not only had a trio arrangement worked out, he had down with amazing technique; Clapton and the Yank became fast friends...

I'm just throwing in this clip because i reheard the song over the weekend and I have always liked it:

<O>
Old 10-09-18, 09:33 PM   #3317
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Default Eye Candy for a "Secret Fan".

Old 10-09-18, 11:11 PM   #3318
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22

Old 10-10-18, 09:26 AM   #3319
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

The clip you posted reminded me of the Howlin' Wolf song, Killing Floor:

As noted in the comments on the clip, there seems to be suspiciously similar to a song Lec Zep claimed as their own, The Lemon Song; Wolf and his publishers did sue LZ over copyright infringement and the case was settled with Wolf getting a good-sized payout, a co-writer's credit, and mailbox money for the remainder of his life...

<O>

Ah, zeppelins again being a little dishonest.

The song I posted; " Woman You Need Love" is Willie Dixon's song and not surprisingly it also has a "zeppelin connection". Whole Lotta Love's lyrics largely originated from Dixon*s "You Need Love". though the song was initially credited only to zeppelins.

There was also a lawsuit filed in 80's.
Old 10-10-18, 01:57 PM   #3320
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 10-11-18, 01:35 AM   #3321
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Default New "Stones" tribute band.

For the Squirrel

Old 10-11-18, 04:41 PM   #3322
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumo30 View Post
Ah, zeppelins again being a little dishonest.

The song I posted; " Woman You Need Love" is Willie Dixon's song and not surprisingly it also has a "zeppelin connection". Whole Lotta Love's lyrics largely originated from Dixon*s "You Need Love". though the song was initially credited only to zeppelins.

There was also a lawsuit filed in 80's.

Yep, and LZ just the other day had their verdict of 'not guilty' in the case of plagiarizing the main riff of Stairway To Heaven tossed out by an appeals court and will have to go back to court to defend themselves again. The situation reminds me of a story told about Dustin Hoffman when he starred in Marathon Man opposite Laurence Olivier: Hoffman, a method actor, had a scene coming up where his character was to be shown as exhausted, so Hoffman ran, full tilt, around the film location site several times; Olivier came out of his trailer to find an exhausted, disheveled, sweaty Hoffman at the bottom of the trailer steps; Olivier said "Dear boy, you look a sight! What on earth happened to you?" Hoffman explained how he was prepping for the next scene; Olivier listened patiently and said, "You know, Dustin, you should really try acting the part. It's so much easier...". LZ probably should have tried just actually writing all their own songs: it would have been so much easier...

I was once talkingg with a young African-American guy who was trying to break into the music business and, like so many kids, had a bit of a disdain for "old music" and "old musicians". He was asking me about Rock music and its origins; in the course of our conversation, I brought up Willie Dixon and his many, many contributions to all forms of music; after I had rattled off a long listing of songs written by Dixon, preformed either by himself or others, songs on which he had either produced (he was the house producer for Chess Records) or was session player, and the long list of performers who recorded his works, the kid was shocked and said "Wow!! Willie Dixon invented Rock and Roll!!..."...

Willie, in his late 60s til his death, used to make regular appearances on a weekly Blues program here in LA on a local NPR radio station. He didn't perform, but he did discuss his life in the music world. What was really amazing was his ability to remember details about the sessions he produced/performed on/wrote down to specific musicians, dates, and other minutiae. He was one of the sharpest people around. When he won his case against LZ, he took the money and started a non-profit foundation, Blues Heaven, to help aging Blues and R&B artists who were ailing and/or were trying to get royalties owed to them; he also instituted educational programs for aspiring musicians; His widow eventually bought the Chess Records Building to serv as the Blues Heaven headquarters. Willie was an all around class act...

Willie, in his mid 70s, singing a song that may be familiar to Cream fans:

<O>
Old 10-12-18, 07:25 AM   #3323
fumo30
Grey Wolf

^Fine post vienna.

RIP Willie.
Old 10-12-18, 01:18 PM   #3324
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The cleaning service is always there for the oval office aka Trump:

Old 10-12-18, 02:00 PM   #3325
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Zeppelin Party

Old 10-14-18, 03:10 AM   #3326
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Its been quiet here for some time... I wonder why???

Well, gotta do something about it.

Lynne Randell - "That's A Hoedown"

Zipper - Rollin' And Tumblin'

Old 10-14-18, 06:20 AM   #3327
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Default Nice Boys.

Early Tatt's. Go Angry.

Last edited by Eisenwurst; 10-14-18 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-14-18, 08:00 AM   #3328
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putting this here - where else.

Impressive choreography and performance. From German school perspective its hard to believe that these are schoolkids, amateurs, since they perform on semiprofessional level.

When I was at school, in W-Berlin, we once attended a school musical performance by the kids at the JFK-school, which was mostly for the kids from the families of the US brigade in W-Berlin, but soem Germans sent their kids there, too. That was a lesson taught to us German guests. Almost profesional dancing and singing done.

It probably needs Anglosaxons to have school doing stuff like this, and on this surprisingly high level of performing. German schools also lack this strong spirit of physically competing without which you cannot motivate kids to engage in serious training needed to acchieve quality like this.

Old 10-14-18, 09:27 AM   #3329
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Doesn't it still strike like a lightning?

...My friend.

Marillion - Assassing

Old 10-14-18, 09:49 PM   #3330
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Putting this here - where else.

Impressive choreography and performance. From German school perspective its hard to believe that these are schoolkids, amateurs, since they perform on semiprofessional level.

When I was at school, in W-Berlin, we once attended a school musical performance by the kids at the JFK-school, which was mostly for the kids from the families of the US brigade in W-Berlin, but soem Germans sent their kids there, too. That was a lesson taught to us German guests. Almost profesional dancing and singing done.

It probably needs Anglosaxons to have school doing stuff like this, and on this surprisingly high level of performing. German schools also lack this strong spirit of physically competing without which you cannot motivate kids to engage in serious training needed to acchieve quality like this.

We've had these "School Spectaculars" for years in Australia. Lots of talented kids going on to careers in Ballet, Opera, the Stage, and/or Film.

I knew a family that had 5 daughters - all dancers, went on to work in Big Name Paris Nightclubs

Good to know a taxpayer funded education wasn't wasted.

Closed Thread

Tags
music