SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-07, 06:26 PM   #241
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
To All

Currently “strongly” considering making a TM 165 compatible version on RSRDC. Will let you know what I decide shortly
Great! Please keep a stand alone version if you would Thanks a million!
Was planning on it
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 07:03 PM   #242
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Uploads: 0
Default Hourra!

Quote:
To All

Currently “strongly” considering making a TM 165 compatible version on RSRDC. Will let you know what I decide shortly
That's a good new, Sir!
Thanks for all!

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 07:11 PM   #243
Angus89
Bosun

Downloads: 0

Sounds like good news. Took Tmaru out a while back to check out RSRD. Love the work youve done, but I do miss a lot of Tmaru as well. P.S. just had my first ctd in ages. Pulling into surabaya in mid Feb. 1942. Dont know if its an issue with your mod or just a freak occurance. Lost my 40 some k of shipping. Ill try it all over and see if it happens again. Mebbe with a save or two in there somewhere. Love what youve done. Any chance of you and Tater/Ducimus getting together on this after the patch/add-on?
Old 11-14-07, 07:13 PM   #244
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I second this

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To All

Was planning on it
I definatly want to try your mod and work out after the 1.4 patch is released for the game.

Sounds like it is some awsome work. I know AVGWarhawk dosn't give compliment's lightly nor stand's by something unless it is quality work.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 09:22 PM   #245
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

New versions on RSRDC are up

TM and RFB Compatible

see first post for links

Run Silent, Run Deep
The Campaign
(Version 110 Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable)

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable

Installation / Compatibility

RSRDC (TM Compatible) is designed to install over the top of Trigger Maru 1.6.5 using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC. Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than TM 1.6.5

The changes to RSRDC were to support compatibility with TM 1.6.5

Added:

- Tater’s Better IJNAF Bomb Loads version 1.3 and modified to support RSRDC
- AI visuals Test ver 1.04 for Trigger Maru

--------------------------------------------------------------

Run Silent, Run Deep
The Campaign
(Version 111 Real Fleet Boat 1.31 Compatible)

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Real Fleet Boat 1.31

Installation / Compatibility

RSRDC (RFB Compatible) is designed to install over the top of Real Fleet Boat 1.31 using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC. Do not attempt to install this version of RSRDC on any version of SH4 other than RFB 1.31

The changes to RSRDC were to support compatibility with RFB 1.31

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-14-07 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-14-07, 09:52 PM   #246
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To All

Was planning on it

Hooray! I'm not ready for super tough DD reaction . Probably never will be ready. Japanese ASW was not up to snuff like the Allies in the Atlantic. Currently I'm satisified with this mod and current stock DD reaction. The numerous books on the matter show more often than not, indiscriminate depth chargings and hanging around the area keeping the subs down. A lot of confusion when the sub made a attack. I believe the AI is good as they stand. With adding the zig zag and proper ships and numbers found in this mod, the game is engrossing enough. Ships speed up and slow down. They turn away...sometimes turn into you. The advent of patch 1.3 makes the Japanese cannon aim much better. Play at 100% realism and add NSM with dud torps for the frustration factor and you have a pretty good simulation.

Look here. Sent out of Manila to two patrol areas in my S class. Two weeks of fruitless hunt.

Next my butt was sent to the Luzon. Your mod sends you to places logically. Lets look at it. The Japanese attacked Pearl and the US did not know what was happening next. A few days later Japanese forces move south. The US did not know the destination. Logically you send me to the east to San Bernardino and Samar. This seems logical. I did not see any ships other than fishing vessels. Maybe there were Japanese ships heading this way. Maybe not. I did not see any. After my alotted time to patrol these spots, logically you send me North to the Luzon. Makes sense to me. Nice squeezing point for Japanese vessels. Once there, I bag this:

Sweet! A ship full of Japanese soldiers head to Manila. The three DD kept me down for over six hours. Early war and they were confused, dropping depth charges indiscriminatly. Does not matter that they were on top of me all the time. Nor do they have to be. What matters is they kept me down and away from the other vessels in this small convoy that were motoring away at 10 kts. No way I was going to keep up. So I skulk away at 2 kts in hopes of an end round.

In short, the Japanese DD should only really get on their game towards the end of the war when they finally started employing sonar and such for improved ASW. To me, really good DD at the start of the war do not belong. The DD should improve over time. As history shows their DC were set to go off at a shallow depth. Big error here. They did not work on sonar and electronic ASW until way to late. One could probably argue the point that if the subs torpedoes work like there were supposed to in the first two years of the war, the war would have ended earlier.

IMHO, any DD enhancement should be started off this mod when you have completed it. Basically you have rewritten the original blue print of the game shipping mechanics. Tweeking DD should start at this time just as TM and RFB did with the original blue print of the shipping lanes. This seems to be the most logical place to start. Historical shipping and shipping lanes. Then work in the DD that get better over time. To me, any type of super mod should use this as the foundation. Your mod is that good!!!! Very immersive and logically though out. Just my thoughts on the matter. Hats off to your hard work and bit of study on how it was concerning shipping. Logically thought out and logically executed.
Old 11-14-07, 10:20 PM   #247
Angus89
Bosun

Bravo to you Lurker. You know you got somethin good when the public cries out for more. Will try your new tmaru compatible rsrd. Been waitin for just this. Thanks. And wow for how quik you got it out. One question, Any recommendations on which should go first? RSRDC or TMaru? Downloading now

Last edited by Angus89; 11-14-07 at 10:44 PM.
Angus89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 10:52 PM   #248
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Well boys and girls

The “Entertainment” value going to go “way up” with Phase 2. One of the major changes will be to the “Convoy” and “Troop Transport” layers, they are all going to be replaced, using Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, your will be going up against “real” convoys. Also will roll into ‘messages.txt’ “ULTRA” intel that will replace the stock “contact” reports for IJN Units and convoys.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-15-07 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-14-07, 11:20 PM   #249
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default sounds cool Lurker

Quote:
Well boys and girls

The “Entertainment” value going to go “way up” with Phase 2. One of the major changes will be to the “Convoy” and “Troop Transport” layers, they are all going to be replaced, using Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, your will be going up against “real” convoys. Also will roll into ‘messages.txt’ “ULTRA” intel than will replace the stock “contact” reports for IJN Units and convoys.
Does this mean new ship's for the game then?!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 12:10 AM   #250
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
Well boys and girls

The “Entertainment” value going to go “way up” with Phase 2. One of the major changes will be to the “Convoy” and “Troop Transport” layers, they are all going to be replaced, using Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, your will be going up against “real” convoys. Also will roll into ‘messages.txt’ “ULTRA” intel than will replace the stock “contact” reports for IJN Units and convoys.
Does this mean new ship's for the game then?!
Some new IJN Naval units
Old 11-15-07, 09:20 AM   #251
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Well boys and girls

The “Entertainment” value going to go “way up” with Phase 2. One of the major changes will be to the “Convoy” and “Troop Transport” layers, they are all going to be replaced, using Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, your will be going up against “real” convoys. Also will roll into ‘messages.txt’ “ULTRA” intel that will replace the stock “contact” reports for IJN Units and convoys.
You sir have just become my new best friend!!!! This is what I was talking about in my last post here. Logical and historical shipping. This is what creates a simulation and not just a game. You just made my Christmas list!!!!
Old 11-15-07, 09:21 AM   #252
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

This mod just keeps getting better and better

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 12:04 PM   #253
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Quote:
Well boys and girls

You sir have just become my new best friend!!!! This is what I was talking about in my last post here. Logical and historical shipping. This is what creates a simulation and not just a game. You just made my Christmas list!!!!
Changes to the convoy & transport layers are very much needed. In my current campaign (July '44) I was sent to patrol the Luzon Strait. There were so many Japanese convoys that I ran out of torps before I reached my patrol area. I think I was seeing two large convoys passing through the strait daily
Old 11-15-07, 01:06 PM   #254
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I think Phase 2 will handle 1944. Just a guess here after looking at the main post for the mod.
Old 11-15-07, 01:22 PM   #255
ben cg
Swabbie

Quote:

Run Silent, Run Deep
The Campaign
(Version 110 Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable)

This version of RSRDC is 100% compatable with Trigger Maru 1.6.5 Compatable
w00t!!

Thank-you, I am a very happy person.

Now get back to work on phase II!
ben cg is offline   Reply With Quote