SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-09, 03:31 PM   #1681
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
You still see them in appropriate locations, correct?

Yes
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 03:44 PM   #1682
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Thanks.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 09:46 PM   #1683
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Just took out 4 junkers myself northwest of Okinawa. Then slipped into Taipei harbor, took out an auxiliary gun boat who was sleeping, and unloaded the rest of my torpedo's in close sinking 4 merchant ships at the docks.

Really enjoying TMO1.9 and RSRDC. Another 30 days of patrol to go

Thanks.
Sudo
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 02:45 AM   #1684
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
You still see them in appropriate locations, correct?
I haven't seen fishing fleets, sampans or junks for quite some time now. That's why I posted the question. Lurker says they are still there (and he should know), and Sudo says he just took out 4 'junkers'. Guess I'll have to give my radar another tap.

I try to patrol fairly close to shore or islands, where I used to find them quite often. Usually in groups of 4-6 in a fleet. I'm in the Asiatic Fleet, so don't get to Japan very often. They were usually quite common around the Philippines, and I imagine I've sunk more than one Filipino fishing fleet.

Now its November of '44, and not much in the way of Japanese shipping to shoot at. The convoys in the China Sea, around Singapore/Camranh Bay are really cagey, and make straight for the shallows where I can't even dive to periscope depth without scrapping off my SONAR head.

I really appreciate the effort Lurker has put into this MOD to get it accurate. I haven't played without it for a very long time, and each new addition just gets better.
Old 12-07-09, 08:21 AM   #1685
halcyonskys
Swabbie

Downloads: 156
Default problem ive been having with RSRD

Anyone had any luck getting the latest (in this case i have RSRDC_SH15_V550 and RSRDC_TMO_V502) RSRD to run with Ship Reflect and Caustic Envoriment Mod 5.1?

It runs of course if you add RSRD after the other, but it overwrites everything making it not functional aka, no reflections, etc.

The problem ive been having is the some ships are bugged.
A test for this ive devised is to use sub school, torpedo attack mission.
This ship is bugged everytime. It doesnt move, shoot at you, and the flag doesnt move.

Ive tried using tmo (19) and the rsrd_tmo but same thing.

Would love to have these two mods working together as the reflection-caustic mod makes the ships and stuff look ten times better.

I posted something on the download page for the caustic file, but didnt see a thread here so decided to ask my question here.

Also i should add, im using the 'simplified' version of Caustic-reflect becuase the other one crashes to desktop even with no mods installed at all and outright wouldnt run.
Im using 1.5 gold edition SH4.

Thanks for your time.

Jase
halcyonskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 08:42 AM   #1686
halcyonskys
Swabbie

Downloads: 156

just thought id toss in an example of why im wanting this to work together. =)

Heres a ship with RSRD.

Heres the same exact ship now with caustic-ref installed (but not rsrd *sniffles*).
halcyonskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 11:00 AM   #1687
atraangelis
Watch

Downloads: 4
Default RSRD question.

Hello community,

I have a question abour RSRD.

Does it change any propertys of equipment?

Since installing this mod(on new W7 pc), i have had a large number of mk14 torp failures. In one instance i fired 4 14's at a cruiser in a spread and all 4 detonated one after another about half way to target...

This is the only mod I run, oh and the small sea bed rocks mod. I enjoy the stock game and dont need to fiddle with it much.

I have realisim turned up but i did not think the failure rate was that high...

any advice?
atraangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 12:29 PM   #1688
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by atraangelis View Post
Hello community,

I have a question abour RSRD.

Does it change any propertys of equipment?

Since installing this mod(on new W7 pc), i have had a large number of mk14 torp failures. In one instance i fired 4 14's at a cruiser in a spread and all 4 detonated one after another about half way to target...

This is the only mod I run, oh and the small sea bed rocks mod. I enjoy the stock game and dont need to fiddle with it much.

I have realisim turned up but i did not think the failure rate was that high...

any advice?

Torpedo failures are modeled accurately, torpedos were really unreliable before Fall 1943.They had magnetic detonators designed to go off when torpedo was underneath the target, busting its keel.They were not tested in the Pacific beforehand and tended to detonate prematurely.In the game they do so, usually happens in rougher seas but can (and will) happen in calm seas.

As in real life, the backup impact detonator was also faulty, the firing pins would crush and not set the torpedo off, so they would get duds.This is well modeled in the game.The problem lagged on because the higher ups didnt want to accept the torpedos had problems.

torpedos also tended to run 10-12 feet deeper than set, this is also well modeled in the game earlier in war.

In the game, around August 1943 torpedos began to work very well and youll notice default setting becomes contact only on the detonator panel.This is because the magnetic detonators were disabled and the firing pins were fixed.Torpedos are very reliable after Aug 1943.Duds are rare, torpedos run to set depth.

For more info, should google Mark 14 torpedo and read all about the troubles, it's a wonder our subs sank anything before the problems were fixed.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 02:42 PM   #1689
atraangelis
Watch

Downloads: 4
Default THanks!

Ok thanks,
Im not gona research it, ill take your word for it! =). If its reflected accurately then thats all i want. Will have to run with 10's for the close sure hit...!

And yes the incident i was speaking of was in a monsoon!

FOund a cruiser at range and was slightly ahead of me, ran parallel course to it at night for about 2 hours at flank.
Rolled up under layer about 3 k in front of the cruiser at 1k...

Lined up my settings all purdy like... figured i would let 4 fly and hope for 3. I try to guage that last fish to hit where the ship slows down.

FIred at ~3000m High speed all 4 in sequnece witha degree sperad on each... at about 1800m..pop..pop..pop..pop...

was a sad day...
atraangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 03:30 PM   #1690
Nit
Seaman

Downloads: 163

I was near to Savo August 9, 1942 and tried to find Mikawa.
Nobody was present

Last edited by Nit; 12-07-09 at 03:51 PM.
Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 04:47 PM   #1691
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by atraangelis View Post
Ok thanks,
Im not gona research it, ill take your word for it! =). If its reflected accurately then thats all i want. Will have to run with 10's for the close sure hit...!

And yes the incident i was speaking of was in a monsoon!

FOund a cruiser at range and was slightly ahead of me, ran parallel course to it at night for about 2 hours at flank.
Rolled up under layer about 3 k in front of the cruiser at 1k...

Lined up my settings all purdy like... figured i would let 4 fly and hope for 3. I try to guage that last fish to hit where the ship slows down.

FIred at ~3000m High speed all 4 in sequnece witha degree sperad on each... at about 1800m..pop..pop..pop..pop...

was a sad day...
I've never had any luck with M14's over 1500 yds (M), early war, at all. Rather than wasting multiple $10,000 torps, I try to get within 1500 yds (preferably 1000-1200) before I shoot. I still get a few 'duds', but that solves the premature problems. I use my torps like I had to buy them with my own money.

I may be mistook, but I don't think Mark 10s are available for any except S-Boats.

If you do the research (Wikipedia) on the Mark 14 torps, you will find that NAVORD did NO live testing at all on those torps. They were too expensive to waste 'testing', and since they were all made in the US of A, they were ASS U MEd to work as advertised. Actually, NAVORD was headed up by the same old fuddy-duddies that ran Army Ordinance during the Civil War. You remember, the same guys that didn't want to arm the army with repeating rifles cause they would waste alot of ammunition. Fasinating 'repeating' histories.

Mark 14s indeed cost over $10,000 (read $150,000 in todays dollars) since they were virtually hand-made by the each, and not mass produced. There were also shortages of torpedoes, and many boats went out without a full load.
Old 12-09-09, 02:25 PM   #1692
cothyso
Sailor man

Downloads: 169

can someone explain me the install order for TMO + RSRD, please?!! i've been missing for quite a while, and I don't really udnerstand what the install order from readme wants to say:

TMO 18x/19x
Current Version
RSRDC_TMO_v502

what's the "current version" thing? it is a main RSRD file pack, which need to have added the RSRDC_TMO_v502 over them in order to work?!! and if so, which is this "current version"? it is the RSRD file for the stock sh4? or it's just an unfortunate wording for saying that the current version of RSRD for TMO is RSRDC_TMO_v502 (which leads to a TMO, TMO patch, RSRD_TMO_v502) install order?

also, which is sh4 v1.5? the sh4 + addon? or a later patch?!!
cothyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 02:32 PM   #1693
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by cothyso View Post
can someone explain me the install order for TMO + RSRD, please?!! i've been missing for quite a while, and I don't really udnerstand what the install order from readme wants to say:

TMO 18x/19x
Current Version
RSRDC_TMO_v502

what's the "current version" thing? it is a main RSRD file pack, which need to have added the RSRDC_TMO_v502 over them in order to work?!! and if so, which is this "current version"? it is the RSRD file for the stock sh4? or it's just an unfortunate wording for saying that the current version of RSRD for TMO is RSRDC_TMO_v502 (which leads to a TMO, TMO patch, RSRD_TMO_v502) install order?

also, which is sh4 v1.5? the sh4 + addon? or a later patch?!!
Currently SH4 plus the UBM addon pack is V1.5.

You can then install TMO 1.9 via JSGME

any patch that has been released I believe he put one out yesterday.

Then the TMO compatible version of RSRDC v502 over the top of both.

TMO 1.9
TMO latest patch
RSRDC v502

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 02:33 PM   #1694
jokerl90
Seaman

Downloads: 75
Default RSRDC V550 and GFO1.1

I have SH4 1.5 installed with Websters GFO 1.1 mod activated. Will GFO and RSRDC work together? I found Websters patch for GFO and RSRD but it's for V401.
When I tried to activate RSRDC (without the patch)I got a huge list of "conflicts"
Here is a sample;
"ATB_USTorpedoBomber.eqp" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Jap_CoastalTraffic.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Jap_Merchants.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Jap_SubHunters.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Jap_TaskForce.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Jap_TroopConvoys.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod.
"41a_Others_CoastalTraffic.mis" has already been altered by the "Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1" mod
Any help would be much appreciated!
jokerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 04:42 PM   #1695
KnightStalker
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
Currently SH4 plus the UBM addon pack is V1.5.

You can then install TMO 1.9 via JSGME

any patch that has been released I believe he put one out yesterday.

Then the TMO compatible version of RSRDC v502 over the top of both.

TMO 1.9
TMO latest patch
RSRDC v502

Happy Hunting!
If i do this i get conflict errors, would that be normal as RSRDC is changing files previously changed in TMO? snippet of the conflict "Patrol Sea of Japan 01.mis" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod. "Patrol Sea of Japan 01.tsr" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod. "Patrol Sea of Japan 02.mis" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod.
KnightStalker is offline   Reply With Quote