SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-07, 09:58 PM   #91
MikeMatt
Nub

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Fixed!

Lzs von swe - you da man!!! Followed your steps and it's working like a charm. Thanks for the help
MikeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 12:19 PM   #92
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

Glad I could help
Old 11-09-07, 12:41 PM   #93
BH
Loader

Downloads: 34

I went through hell trying to get this game intalled and patched on vista the first time. I managed to get it working and patch GWX, commander and all. I was having problems with my F1 through F-4 information screens. The information such as the countries germany was at war with would not appear. So I made a poor decision to clean reinstall and I am struggling to make the game work again.
BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 10:04 AM   #94
Skubber
Officer

Downloads: 36

Thanks for the help here.
SHIII installed and running beautifully, pretty much without a hitch.

It's worth emphasizing that during each stage of the installation - patching, installing the mod enabler, etc. - you have to right click and "run as administrator" or else no changes will be made to the game's root folder.

I had the darndest time figuring out why the mod enabler would not create a mod folder when I ran it for the first time. Then I sat there and had a little think. :hmm: Remarkable how many probelms get solved by doing that, as opposed to randomly clicking and alternately bashing the desk like an over-caffeinated monkey.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
- Captain John Paul Jones, 1778
Skubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 12:04 PM   #95
Miss Behavin
Sea Queen

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubber
Thanks for the help here.
SHIII installed and running beautifully, pretty much without a hitch.

It's worth emphasizing that during each stage of the installation - patching, installing the mod enabler, etc. - you have to right click and "run as administrator" or else no changes will be made to the game's root folder.

I had the darndest time figuring out why the mod enabler would not create a mod folder when I ran it for the first time. Then I sat there and had a little think. :hmm: Remarkable how many probelms get solved by doing that, as opposed to randomly clicking and alternately bashing the desk like an over-caffeinated monkey.
Thanks Skubber. this did the trick for me.

After numerous attempts to install on my new computer, I'd get as far as an upgraded SH3 vanilla, but the GWX would not install.

I was right on the verge of giving up when I read your post. Okay, one more try. Deleted everything and started over, THIS TIME, doing the right click thing and running as administrator.

That was the charm!

GWX installed and the game loaded up without a hitch. Now I just have to install SH3 Commander and I'm ready to go.

You made my day!

Thanks!!

Cmdr 2.7 / GWX 2.0 / Real Weather Fix2 / Manual Targeting / Full Realism /DiD

Last edited by Miss Behavin; 01-05-08 at 12:59 PM.
Miss Behavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 06:28 AM   #96
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubber
You could have saved yourself quite a bit of time by simply reading the JSGME Help file.

Of course, the *simplest* solution is to not install SH3 (or any moddable game for that matter) into your \Program Files folder. Installing to somewhere like F:\Games bypasses Vista's UAC and hence these issues.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 11:24 PM   #97
bb-subs
Bosun

vista wrorks but a question

Hi all :
Well this was very helpful
The advice of putting SH3 in C: drive in a folder of own making I do thing a good idea to call it SH3. When I made mine I called it games so now games is fully of only SH3. The game is on the 1.4 and GWX 1.3 with Sh3 Commander. Game runs great.

Now my question on the grahpics.
We got Vista it came with a new PC a Christmas. It is a Acer with 160 gig hd , 1 gig ddr ram, AMD 64 Athlon 3800 processor, but the screen is a flat screen that was set up with a resoulition of 1152x864.
Under the default set the graphics for SH3 were worse than FS almost very chunky but the effects were great. So I changed the Antialiasing to 4x the highest was and the game dragged to much. The Anisotropic filtering was at the highest and I moved that down to 8x from the 16x which was also set highest and dragged me down.

What would be a recommended setting my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 6100 405.

Last edited by bb-subs; 01-11-08 at 11:31 PM. Reason: fixing the message
bb-subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 08:54 AM   #98
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hallo!
I wasn't quite sure on which thread to post - this is the first time i post on this forum - but i chose this one since i found some relevance to what i'd like to say.
I am quite desperate because i can't make SH3 run after the v1.4b patch installation. The game runs perfectly without the patch and the patch sucessfully updates the game but when i insert the disc and click on "play" the "cheking disc" bar stucks and the "program is not responding". Quite frustrating since my computers OS is WinXP SP2. I mean, it should be working right?
Any ideas?
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 07:07 PM   #99
bb-subs
Bosun

Default problem installing

Is this installation onto vista?

"Hallo!
I wasn't quite sure on which thread to post - this is the first time i post on this forum - but i chose this one since i found some relevance to what i'd like to say.
I am quite desperate because i can't make SH3 run after the v1.4b patch installation. The game runs perfectly without the patch and the patch sucessfully updates the game but when i insert the disc and click on "play" the "cheking disc" bar stucks and the "program is not responding". Quite frustrating since my computers OS is WinXP SP2. I mean, it should be working right?
Any ideas?
bb-subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-08, 08:48 AM   #100
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb-subs
Is this installation onto vista?

"Hallo!
Any ideas?
No. I haven't switched to Vista. I am still running WinXP SP2.
Old 01-20-08, 11:43 AM   #101
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

Hi and welcome, tomfon

Other then trying to update the StarForce driver, http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip , I don´t know what the problem is

Try that and let us know, even if you are using XP....
Old 01-21-08, 06:05 AM   #102
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Ok. I will try to update the starforce today!
Old 01-22-08, 07:55 AM   #103
tomfon
Grey Wolf

I reinstalled SH3 Lzs von swe, updated to v1.04 (emea DVD patvh),updated the starforce driver but still the bar at the ''protection'' window stucks and once again ''the program is not responding''.
I do not know what is happening........
Old 01-26-08, 06:26 AM   #104
Medico
Nub

Default Vista 64 bit

Hi,

I have the same problem as Tomfon. I have Windows Vista 64 bit. I was able to update the Star- force drivers. I am getting the same error and unable to play the game. I installed it on E: drive. Is it necessary to install the game in C drive in order to work in Windows Vista 64 bit? I hope anyone has any idea how to be able to make this game to work.

Thank you,

Medico
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-08, 07:43 AM   #105
Fenris_Wolf
Sparky

Downloads: 10

Has anyone found a way to run SH3 at resolutions higher than 1024x768?

Sorry if this has been addressed before.:hmm: