SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-12, 10:19 PM   #766
jgf
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Admittedly my old system is approaching abacus status (Vista Home Premium SP2, Athlon 64 2.4gig dual core, 2gig RAM, HD5670, X-Fi Fatal1ty) but normally SH4 runs flawlessly on it (doesn't even seem to make any difference if I run GameBooster prior to starting the sim or not). But about 20% of the time I get slide show frame rates in the sim (menus are normal); I can exit and restart to no effect; I can restart Vista with no improvement. A few hours, a day, two days later I start SH4 again and it runs fine. Task Manager shows nothing unusual, and other resource intensive games aren't affected.

So, what am I overlooking?
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 12:11 AM   #767
fright52
Seaman

Downloads: 8
Default Silent Hunter 4 Compas rose

Can anyone tell me, does SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, right out of box, have a way to place a compass rose on the navigation map? I've noticed on some of youtube tutorials, they have one on screen to help navigation.
I'm brand new to computer games and SH4, and I'm struggling to figure out how to plot course and/or find bearings of enemy ships when reported.
Would like to get comfortable on using sonar and map and avoid sticking scope up only to get shot at! I'd like to be able to keep my crew alive thru one game. Many thanks!!!
fright52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 01:11 AM   #768
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by fright52 View Post
Can anyone tell me, does SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, right out of box, have a way to place a compass rose on the navigation map? I've noticed on some of youtube tutorials, they have one on screen to help navigation.
I'm brand new to computer games and SH4, and I'm struggling to figure out how to plot course and/or find bearings of enemy ships when reported.
Would like to get comfortable on using sonar and map and avoid sticking scope up only to get shot at! I'd like to be able to keep my crew alive thru one game. Many thanks!!!
First of all we have to know what game you are playing.
There is silent Hunter 4 V1.0 This must be patched to V1.4
You can do this at the UBI web site.

There is also Silent Hunter 4 Gold edition. This is patched to V1.5 and addes U Boats to the game.

You can tell what version you have by looking in the lower right corner of the load screen.

Somewhere there is a bearing tool mod, I'll see if I can find it.
I found it but need to know what screen resolution you are running.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 01:02 PM   #769
SuperEtendard
Mate

Downloads: 20

Hello everyone, I have some questions...

First, torpedo colors: at every video i see the torpedoes are black with yellow nose ... are those mk 14?? because mines are grey with blue nose..
also, there are more torpedoes than mk 10 and 14? if i play a mission in 1941 with a porpoise, im equipped with mk 14, if i play a mission in 1945 with a balao i still got the mk 14... (1.4 version, no mods).

2nd, I started my first campaign in 1941 with an S class, the missions took from a couple of days to about a couple of weeks the largest, when i retourned back to base the next missions started the next day or the next week, Everything was Ok. Later I created another campaign in 1941, but now with a Salmon class. This time i got one mission per month!! I finished a patrol in december 28, for example, and the next mission date was at January 24!!, I dont know why this happens... i'm missing battles like the coral sea and midway...

There is some way to change the missions rate to starting date next day after arriving at port?

Thanks and Good Hunting!
SuperEtendard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 03:28 PM   #770
Spieder3
Swabbie

Downloads: 86

Hello,
I hope someone can help me these days with the game.
If i shoot a enemy ship and do a hole in his hull, the complete hull is invisible. I have installed the TriggerMaru Overhaul for my SH 1.4 and no other mods.

Spieder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 11:38 AM   #771
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieder3 View Post
Hello,
I hope someone can help me these days with the game.
If i shoot a enemy ship and do a hole in his hull, the complete hull is invisible. I have installed the TriggerMaru Overhaul for my SH 1.4 and no other mods.

Somehow you have some mod soup going on there. You'll have to reinstall the game following the instructions in the stickied thread. When you get through your game should work fine.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 07:07 PM   #772
twm47099
Bosun

Downloads: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fright52 View Post
Try this thread for a bearing/range tool:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174874

You can also use the plotting tools on the chart (click on the closed compass). However, those use true bearings. The mod from the link above has center follow your sub, and the 0 degrees correspond to the heading of the sub.

Tom
twm47099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 12:16 AM   #773
USNChief
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default Dual Image in P-Scope

When attempting to obtain the range to manually set up a firing plot, I do not get the mirror image in the attack scope. No matter what I try, I cannot get the ship image. Any suggestions? Thanks!
USNChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 08:13 AM   #774
Spieder3
Swabbie

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Somehow you have some mod soup going on there. You'll have to reinstall the game following the instructions in the stickied thread. When you get through your game should work fine.
Thx for your answer.
But I follow all instructions in the mod folder.
If i set the "3d ship damage" to 0, i dont have any problems.
Spieder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 07:21 PM   #775
Prince Dakkar
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has spent so much time developing it and the many mods that seem to be available.
Prince Dakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 03:37 PM   #776
JonB
Bosun

Downloads: 10

Hello all.

After many years of collecting dust, I really felt for hitting the sea once again. Though, IŽve came across a problem that is well known on the I-net but none of the sollutions help me. I could of course not have found the right one...

Anywho;

- I installed SH4 on my freshly installed Windows 7 64-bit (from what I know, SH4 is compatible with Win 7).
- I ran it to see that it worked and it ran fine. Just went into the first menu in the game and then left.
- Then I installed Wolves of the pacific wich patches it to 1.5.

- From this point, I can no longer start the game. It says; "Cannot start the program since Intro.dll is missing on your computor..."

- After some googeling I first made sure that I had DirectX9 but mine was newer so it wouldnŽt update this.
- After some more googeling I found a intro.dll file wich I put in "windows/system32". Still no improvement.
- Finally I tested to run some kind of SH4.intro.dll-program wich didnŽt do sh*t, might as well be spyware from what I know...

So, now IŽm out of ideas. IsnŽt this compatibel on Win 7 64 bit? Should I put the intro.dll file somewhere else???

IŽm sure the answer is easy or right under my nose but I have truly searched for an answer without luck...

Thanks in advance.

// JB

SOLLUTION: Reinstalling to another location, NOT IN "PROGRAM FILES"... I made a new location ; C:\games\ubisoft\
Thanks to Arclight

Last edited by JonB; 08-10-12 at 04:58 AM.
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 03:54 PM   #777
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

I can't really help, but I will add that I'm running mine on Win 7 64 bit without a problem. I hope that's a help toward solving your problem.
fireftr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 08:26 PM   #778
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

- Don't instal to program files
- Run it as admininistrator

Try the latter first, that should get around the issue of installing in program files. Otherwise try a reinstall to a different location.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 03:05 AM   #779
JonB
Bosun

Thanks Fireeftr, at least that can rule out any problem to X64.

Ok Arclight, IŽll reinstall in a new folder, thanks! Run as admin I dont think matter to me since IŽve turned off UAC, but perhaps that isnŽt related (?). IŽll try that second hand...

IŽll report back
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 04:57 AM   #780
JonB
Bosun

Got it wokring, thanks!!!

Sollution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
- Don't instal to program files