SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-08, 07:47 AM   #136
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This is all a smoke screen, he's just stalling for time as he's missed his own 48 hour deadline
Old 05-05-08, 09:11 AM   #137
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
This is all a smoke screen, he's just stalling for time as he's missed his own 48 hour deadline
Kinda...

But I'm making up for the delay, with some amazing new features on the sound pack...
Old 05-05-08, 09:58 AM   #138
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Philipp
Thank You.
Danny
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 01:20 PM   #139
U56
Helmsman

Downloads: 129

Excellent sound mod. Eagerly await V3. I particularly like your choice of music for the band at the quayside!....very brass bandy!

Regards
U56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 04:24 PM   #140
Sag75
XO

Downloads: 45

Waiting for upgrading V2, Sir!

Betasom - XI Gruppo Sommergibili Atlantici
http://www.betasom.it/forum/index.php
Sag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 02:09 PM   #141
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

Hey PT,I was wondering about one of the voices in tha back ground,there is clicking sound along with someone talking,is that voice Curd Jurgens by any chance?
Old 05-06-08, 04:46 PM   #142
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktown_Class
Hey PT,I was wondering about one of the voices in tha back ground,there is clicking sound along with someone talking,is that voice Curd Jurgens by any chance?
I really don't know...
Old 05-07-08, 12:57 AM   #143
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa
Quote:
Except that Thomsen here is very very very tired of modding already...

Most of you guys don't know, but Thomsen never had time to play past 1941... Yes he never completed a campaign.

Thomsen is eager to play a little bit, enjoy his mods and other nice mods out there...

Plus, Thomsen is already very busy working hard with Rubini on the elegant version of the Life Boats mod... Almost no time to work on the V3 sound pack, that should be already done some days ago.

Maybe Thomsen can work with Poul in a possible V4 sound pack, but let him enjoy his game for at least 30 days... Thomsen is very eager to finish his first campaign.

Besides, I don't think that you people like my sound pack that much... Look at the rating, only two votes, one guy gave me 5 stars and the other one gave me ONE star... I think that is an indication to stop modding...

I can totally empathize with your plight, modding takes up so much time that I frequently find that the sun is up when I finally take a break So much time burried in books, searching for accurate info on the internet, and the hard part of finding out how to wave the magic wand as you say to make the necessary changes.

Just last week I stumbled across this mod and was in awe of the realism of the sounds, and many of the annoying things that you've removed. I hated how much the other officers made pointless chatting repeating everything and what not. Hopefully after doing some playing you'll get back to finishing V3 which I'd been eagerly looking forward too
Thank you for your kind words...

RDP, I'm cancelling the request...
You deserve it

I do have 1 request as to how to remove 1 sounds byte:

With the barrage of radio traffic how can I remove the part where the cypher officer listens to the morse code and then types it up? Its a brilliant piece of work, but when you get radio traffic several times a hour it starts to slow things down.

Quote:
Quote:
I really don't know...
About 98% sure that's his voice, I have Das Boot on my tv quite frequently while playing as its a great backdrop when I'm lazy and play on my couch with my laptop. Also can hear #2's voice in the background every once in awhile talking with Jurgens. One sounds byte that always makes me chuckle is you frequently hear our "Hitler Youth Leader" lecturing the seaman about how to be an officer :rotfl:
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 05:46 AM   #144
U56
Helmsman

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Kaleun in "Das Boot" was Jurgen Prochnow. Curt Jurgens was the Sub skipper in "The Enemy Below".
U56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 01:50 PM   #145
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by U56
Quote:
Kaleun in "Das Boot" was Jurgen Prochnow. Curt Jurgens was the Sub skipper in "The Enemy Below".
Yes I know,but the voice sounds like Curd Jurgens,so why I was wondering..lol
Old 05-14-08, 01:27 AM   #146
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

Great mod!

Didnt test it all, but is very nice.. love the scope up and down sound, engine and other athmospheric sounds.
Just the voices seems a bit outplace.

An idea.. can you also use the Das Boot music for the game music ? not the grammaphone.

I have enabled it, and it gives a nice filmish feeling when it starts to play.. with only small portions of the Das Boot music it would be even better.
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 07:25 AM   #147
nascar
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

P.T. how is the update on the V3 going? Almost ready or not?
nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 04:30 PM   #148
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar
P.T. how is the update on the V3 going? Almost ready or not?
Well... 99% finished...

I was thinking of replacing the "jahowl, herr kaleun" with a new one, but so far in the movies I've (Das Boot and U-571), I did not find any good sound to extract. It's very weird having an original "yes sir" voice from ubisoft followed by another kind of voice, from another guy...

I'm thinking of leaving it without the "yes sir" files, coz after watching some movies I've realized that they almost never used the "jahowl, herr kaleun" after a command. The command would just be executed and the order repeated, just like it was in my sound pack V2. I think this is still the best & easiest way to do it...

I'll upload it this weekend.. maybe tomorrow at night, just need finish testing some few things...
Old 05-15-08, 05:20 PM   #149
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Thanks Philipp much appreciated
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 09:29 AM   #150
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

PT,

I eagerly await your next release!

Just one comment on the current release...often when I start getting to deeper depths, some of the creak noises start looping in a very annoying way. The same thing seems to happen once in a while if glass breaks (it just keeps breaking over and over). Do you know what may be causing this. I only seem to encounter it with the sound mod activated.

PS...I've been experimenting with some modified sounds of my own. (I used to mod sounds in Audition quite a bit for other games in the past). If you're interested in hearing them, let me know. You're welcome to use them.
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living