Old 02-10-17, 01:59 PM   #1681
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Goes to Supreme Court now.
Perhaps or perhaps not. The Supreme Court has considerable discretion on which cases they hear. It is uncommon for the Supreme Court to hear a case where there is no disagreement between the respective lower court and the appellate court decisions.

People are fond of claiming that they will "take this to the Supreme Court" but it is not up to the citizen but to the court to decide.

This issue may have to go through a different lower district court (which I think it has) and another appellate court where the decision has some disagreement but even then, there is no obligation for the Supreme Court to hear this.

This may go on for a while.
Old 02-10-17, 02:21 PM   #1682
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Perhaps or perhaps not. The Supreme Court has considerable discretion on which cases they hear. It is uncommon for the Supreme Court to hear a case where there is no disagreement between the respective lower court and the appellate court decisions.

People are fond of claiming that they will "take this to the Supreme Court" but it is not up to the citizen but to the court to decide.

This issue may have to go through a different lower district court (which I think it has) and another appellate court where the decision has some disagreement but even then, there is no obligation for the Supreme Court to hear this.

This may go on for a while.
Of course it will go on for a while. That's the intentions.
Old 02-10-17, 02:46 PM   #1683
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

One thing that keeps me thinking about is how all this noise over the ban and the upcoming fight over Gorsuch, is what is going on while our attention is focused else where. Trumps Administration is going after many things, chipping away at the net neutrality act, loosening the reins on banks, mortgage companies, and credit card companies. Banks complain that the requirement to have a cash reserve on hand is hurting their bottom line. They are required to have a reserve after the crash of 2008, where we had to bail them out. They are required to have this reserve to pay for their mistakes. Sure, lets let them do what they want, their greed worked out so well last time.
They want to do away with the part of the Consumer Protection plan against crooked banks and other lenders. The plan puts too much power in the hands of the consumer.
Congress is looking at a way to pay for the wall. One plan is putting a tariff on imports. That would include oil. So what is going to come in on the Pipestone Project, will be taxed. How will the oil companies recover that money? They will pass it on to us. Which means someone like Neal, who makes his living driving a truck, will have his profits hit. same goes for eveyone in the country with a car.
Trump said during the campaign that he wants to give the country back to the people is a smoke screen too. He wants to roll back taxes on Corporations to 15%,lol Who makes up the difference? His companies will make millions, so to say he's looking out for the little guy is just a bunch of crap!
Hell of a smoke screen he's got going and we all are falling for it!

Al Capone
Old 02-10-17, 03:13 PM   #1684
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
One thing that keeps me thinking about is how all this noise over the ban and the upcoming fight over Gorsuch, is what is going on while our attention is focused else where. Trumps Administration is going after many things, chipping away at the net neutrality act, loosening the reins on banks, mortgage companies, and credit card companies. Banks complain that the requirement to have a cash reserve on hand is hurting their bottom line. They are required to have a reserve after the crash of 2008, where we had to bail them out. They are required to have this reserve to pay for their mistakes. Sure, lets let them do what they want, their greed worked out so well last time.
They want to do away with the part of the Consumer Protection plan against crooked banks and other lenders. The plan puts too much power in the hands of the consumer.
Congress is looking at a way to pay for the wall. One plan is putting a tariff on imports. That would include oil. So what is going to come in on the Pipestone Project, will be taxed. How will the oil companies recover that money? They will pass it on to us. Which means someone like Neal, who makes his living driving a truck, will have his profits hit. same goes for eveyone in the country with a car.
Trump said during the campaign that he wants to give the country back to the people is a smoke screen too. He wants to roll back taxes on Corporations to 15%,lol Who makes up the difference? His companies will make millions, so to say he's looking out for the little guy is just a bunch of crap!
Hell of a smoke screen he's got going and we all are falling for it!
The idea for loosening up the banking rules established 8 years ago because of a crash is supposed to allow more lending to companies that in turn will hire more employees. More lending. As far as comsumer protection, when does the consumer take responsibility for what they are getting into? And to be sure, the mortgage practices of providing less than savory loans never went away. My wife and I purchased a home 3 years ago. The same practice was in place. Offering way more than we could afford...unless we do not eat, car does not breakdown and we never need clothing. Crooked banking never really went away from my experience.

Concerning the wall, need to go up no matter who pays for it. We pay now for a wall or we make no wall and pay for the droves coming over the border who are not paying taxes and running the system. Your choice.

Oil pipeline...first step in oil independence. Needs to start somewhere.

Rolling back taxes on US companies allows for more plant building and employing people who become tax payers. Not to mention hard regulations that push US companies to go elsewhere.

Trump is doing what he can and make the hard choice those before did not have to make or simply ignored them.

Although Trump would like to win the popularity contest....he certainly will not. However, to me, it feels like he is pulling off the band aid quickly and do something other than what has been done for 8 years. To me...the entire country is out of control. Was this started by Trump or was this already there? I believe it as already there. Trump is just a good stooge to blame.
Old 02-10-17, 03:44 PM   #1685
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Oil independence? We have that it would seem since we export enough. The pipeline is simply a way to feed more profit to big energy.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...are-going.html

The wall is a boondoggle and will be paid for on the backs of US consumers. It does make a pretty thing one can easily point at and say see we fixed the problem, only it won't fix the problem. It will still need to be kept up, patrolled, and continually paid for by tax dollars, just like border security now.

And about off shoring businesses. I don't think it is simply a matter of businesses needing to do so to survive, I think it is simply a way to make more profit and a cold business decision. If anything, those companies need to pay a tariff on their products so it's a better decision to stay domestic.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-10-17, 03:53 PM   #1686
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Trump should fast track secession for California, and grant political refugees from there favored status above all others.

While people are worrying about a wall he could lay a minefield on our southern border in one day. Try to stop that with a court. bahahahaha
Old 02-10-17, 03:53 PM   #1687
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Oil independence? We have that it would seem since we export enough. The pipeline is simply a way to feed more profit to big energy.

Great! We can export more!

The wall is a boondoggle and will be paid for on the backs of US consumers. It does make a pretty thing one can easily point at and say see we fixed the problem, only it won't fix the problem. It will still need to be kept up, patrolled, and continually paid for by tax dollars, just like border security now.

Of course it will need to be patrolled kept up. It is now. I have not read anything stating once the wall is up everyone can go home.

And about off shoring businesses. I don't think it is simply a matter of businesses needing to do so to survive, I think it is simply a way to make more profit and a cold business decision. If anything, those companies need to pay a tariff on their products so it's a better decision to stay domestic.
I'm glad you think that but what are the realities? Stiff regulation and high tax. Two issues that outsourcing to other countries do not face. This is what Trump has said all along.
Some of what Trump is doing will not be popular or even a good idea. Some will. We take it in the shorts like we have with past presidents.
Old 02-10-17, 04:39 PM   #1688
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I agree with you AVGWarhawk, we'll take it in the end. As far as trusting the banks to behave themselves, I don't and find it hard to believe they ever will. Wasn't that long ago, 6 months to be exact, that Wells Fargo got caught doing illegal things, even with the protections still in place. Take them away and I wonder how long it will take for things to get real ignorant again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/b...customers.html

Al Capone
Old 02-10-17, 06:14 PM   #1689
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Which means someone like Neal, who makes his living driving a truck,....!
That was last year, I'm on to new stuff.

But you make some good points. I an totally against repealing regulations that keep banks and Wall Street in check. I would prefer Congress leave Dodd-Frank alone. I've read enough Michael Lewis books to know they cannot be trusted.
Old 02-10-17, 11:32 PM   #1690
Buddahaid

Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post

Great! We can export more!

Of course it will need to be patrolled kept up. It is now. I have not read anything stating once the wall is up everyone can go home.

I'm glad you think that but what are the realities? Stiff regulation and high tax. Two issues that outsourcing to other countries do not face. This is what Trump has said all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Some of what Trump is doing will not be popular or even a good idea. Some will. We take it in the shorts like we have with past presidents.
Sorry I know I'm not copying the quotes right.

Well then if we can export more oil we are oil independent. Problem solved as it doesn't really exist.

So even with the wall we spend as much tax dollar on the border so it's a net loss at taxpayer expense.

Offshoring your business is not outsourcing. It's abandoning the country that fostered your business for increased profit.

David Bowie
Old 02-11-17, 08:59 AM   #1691
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Old 02-11-17, 09:14 AM   #1692
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

You should model it on the wall that Canada is planning:

Old 02-11-17, 11:44 AM   #1693
Buddahaid

Icon10

That's an ice wall? lol

David Bowie
Old 02-11-17, 12:44 PM   #1694
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Don't worry, The Donald's got it!

Old 02-11-17, 03:25 PM   #1695
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Sure, easy to do. Just don't pay or underpay on the contract and boom your wall is finished and the costs are less.

The little people can fend for themselves.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter