SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-07, 01:40 PM   #1321
nazarius
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

De acuerdo.
Old 05-23-07, 02:05 PM   #1322
kkentopanga
Helmsman

Default Out with Ubi and back to Modded SH 3 (GWX)

I ran out to buy SH 4. A mistake and I will not recommend SH 4 to any one. My copy is collecting dust. My SH 3 (GWS with mods) is getting worn from use and is still the greatest sub sim ever made, thanks to all our great modders who keep it the best. Ubi get going and make this right for your loyal customers or you won't have any customers at all.
Old 05-23-07, 02:10 PM   #1323
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1
/signed/

A final patch - bringing the game up to some standard - is the only thing that can make me buy SH4.

Paajtor is online  
Old 05-23-07, 02:16 PM   #1324
Argus
Swabbie

/signed/

I have played SH3 a lot and enjoyed it very much. But only after many gamers have spent countless hours of modding it, so that the shortcomings of the "out-of-the-box" game could mostly be fixed.

There were a few patches, then all development and communication towards the customers stopped.

I haven't bought SH4 yet, because I wanted to wait and see, if Ubisoft will do the same to customers as they did before.

Well, I was not disappointed - or am I? Ubisoft IS DOING the same stuff again!

Ubi: deliver the neccessary patch(es) for SH4 and many more will buy your fabulous sub sim!

Rest in silence and don't deliver anything: no one will buy your games anymore.

Your choice!
Old 05-23-07, 02:30 PM   #1325
Spartan
Sailor man

OK guys I have contacted EvilAvatar and asked the editor to do a story as well as a follow up on the situation. Tomorrow I will contact some main stream media venues if I can find the time to do it properly.

Anyway I hope others are doing such things because the more voices we have active the more attention we draw to UBIs lack of support as well as abandonment of the community and that is the last thing UBI would want. This is especially so because UBI will be releasing some new highly hyped titles shortly. So lets inform the unwashed masses that doing business with UBI is not necessarily a smart thing in light of its rather greedy and dismissive practices regarding gamers.

Anyway the situation has already been reported on Ars and if anyone has the time I suggest signing up and leaving some comments posted to the story.

The Ars Technica story is here:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...tinued-support
Old 05-23-07, 02:31 PM   #1326
timbofire
Nub

Its time to come together

Yesterday may 22nd on another forum we were asked to call the ubi toll free number in whatever part of the world you are from. I personally did and the customer support individual had already heard from a bunch of us. He advised me that the devs are looking into a patch 3.tomorrow may 24 th we will try again, if anything we want to be heard. This game is so close to being a great one it would be a shame to abandon it at this point. Ubisoft,MAKE THE PATCH AND I WILL BUY OTHER ADD- ONS YOU PUT OUT THERE.
Old 05-23-07, 02:33 PM   #1327
drupps
Watch

Downloads: 42

/sign

edit: I'd like to point out that I think its ridiculous for the community of a game to have to "convince" the devs to continue to patch it.

Last edited by drupps; 05-23-07 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 03:22 PM   #1328
Wayne830
Bilge Rat

SH4 has the potential to be a true classic. Ubisoft, please help it reach its full potential.
Old 05-23-07, 03:25 PM   #1329
reboot
Mate

Downloads: 64
Default Silent Hunter 4 patch

I am a huge fan of Silent Hunter 3
I planned on buying Silent Hunter 4 after it was out for a month or so, but I will wait and see if it is going to be patched. I don't want to be aggravated with a game full of bugs.
Old 05-23-07, 03:40 PM   #1330
Pentallion
Nub

I'm waiting to buy this game until it looks like it will be stable and has the bugs fixed. I don't buy half-complete games.

Don't make me wait forever to buy this. Get that patch out.
Old 05-23-07, 04:04 PM   #1331
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne830
SH4 has the potential to be a true classic. Ubisoft, please help it reach its full potential.
Well said. I applaud when someone can note a definite failing while still pointing out the possibilities.

To you and all the others who joined to express opinions on the patch: WELCOME ABOARD! Please stick around and continue to post other ideas and attitudes; you're the new blood every discussion board needs.
Old 05-23-07, 04:39 PM   #1332
TheRaider
Swabbie

Refuse to sign any petitions or mail or anything, they do no good and any lawyer will tell you that they're useless.

Shut up every one and listen

OK, Everyone who seems to think that all this griping and petitioning and boycotting is going to bring a patch is wrong. I pointed in another thread recently that for half a year now people have been doing the same to get a patch for the PC version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and there still isn't one. So trust me when I say this isn't going to help.

I bought Silent Hunter IV about a week after it came out and patched it to 1.2 and 1.2 as they were released. I have not had half of the problems some people seem to complain about, I find the game is very very entertaining. Yes i said GAME, not simulation, to me, a simulator is something that the government overpays for and hardly ever uses.

I bounce back between III and IV cause I like comparing the differences in my Gato class and my Type IXC and all.

Most of the people that are complaining I see must not spend much time playing this game because they are the ones almost always logged in here and not giving the game the chance it deserves.

If this whole thing is getting to you that much, then take Dr. Sydey Freeman's advice
"Everyone, drop your pants and slide on the ice"
For those of you who don't know what that means, RELAX and wait

Last edited by TheRaider; 05-23-07 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 07:23 PM   #1333
StandingCow
Weps

Downloads: 17

Yea, but doing something at least feels like we are trying, instead of just sitting back and doing nothing.
Old 05-23-07, 08:25 PM   #1334
BR_Sarge
Nub

Downloads: 9
Default Necessary Patches

FIX YOUR GAME, UBI!!! It could easily be the best subsim of all time, if you would only finish what you started, and should've already finished! Your reputation depends on it...that I assure you at UBI.
Old 05-23-07, 08:42 PM   #1335
tatarjj
Bilge Rat

This is ridiculous. When I heard the rumors that a third patch would not come into being, I dismissed them. No way! If a third patch does NOT come out, that is the final straw for me and Ubisoft. I'm already scared enough to install Starforce on my system everytime I install an Ubi game, now I've got to worry about EVEN WORSE customer support too? LET THE DEVELOPERS FINISH THE GAME.
Closed Thread