SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-13, 05:04 PM   #2791
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It says in the OP, that if the Request Mission button is gone, the game is corrupt and has to be reinstalled.

It's January 9, I've just finished North Western approaches, and returned to base only to find that the Request mission button for the new mission is gone. I've been tampering with my mod soup while on this patrol, does that mean I messed something up? Perhaps I finished NW approaches too soon and the button for SW will appear later? Also, if it's really corrupt, why can't I just keep playing without the request mission button? I can still sink ships in the SW area and get crosses, right? I've put a lot of time into this and don't feel like starting it all over again.
Old 12-10-13, 06:15 PM   #2792
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by neigenoirejz View Post
I've been tampering with my mod soup while on this patrol, does that mean I messed something up?
What mods have you added/removed?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 06:43 PM   #2793
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I think I added Sober's latest Equipment upgrades patch and speech fixes and additions - german version mod while still out on patrol. I also made a custom mod with changes to Zones.cfg (flooding times) file, but I made sure to edit the one from OH2 to retain compatibility. I also completely removed all mods and then added them back - some in slightly different order as in sober's list. And I removed Longer repair times, which I think is obsolete because I already have Reworked Submarine Damage.

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-10-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-10-13, 08:39 PM   #2794
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I think I added Sober's latest Equipment upgrades patch and speech fixes and additions - german version mod while still out on patrol. I also made a custom mod with changes to Zones.cfg (flooding times) file, but I made sure to edit the one from OH2 to retain compatibility. I also completely removed all mods and then added them back - some in slightly different order as in sober's list. And I removed Longer repair times, which I think is obsolete because I already have Reworked Submarine Damage.
mmm... too many changes, I am afraid that your only chance of recovering your current campaign is restoring a snapshot of your previous mod list and loading an old save game, in case you kept back-up copies of both.

If not, my suggestion is to wait a few days before scrapping your current campaign. Maybe some other forum mate will have a better idea than me
Old 12-10-13, 09:08 PM   #2795
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

That's on the mission briefing map . You are looking at the navigation map . Everything is ok .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 09:11 PM   #2796
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
...wait a few days before scrapping your current campaign. Maybe some other forum mate will have a better idea than me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
That's on the mission briefing map . You are looking at the navigation map . Everything is ok .
LOL, that was fast
Old 12-10-13, 09:38 PM   #2797
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
LOL, that was fast
I will look at the light bulbs and such after Christmas .
Old 12-11-13, 05:39 AM   #2798
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Nope, that's my mission briefing map, I double checked it.

If it's corrupted, what are the actual consequences? I know I can't request mini missions which means less renown rewards, but can't I still advance the main objective (ship tonnage) and continue with the campaign?
Old 12-11-13, 05:56 AM   #2799
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:

If it's corrupted, what are the actual consequences? I know I can't request mini missions which means less renown rewards, but can't I still advance the main objective (ship tonnage) and continue with the campaign?
If you are not getting any ctds then I wouldn't worry about it atm . See if the game fixes itself up when you finish the coastal waters campaign and get to the next campaign .
The main concern was ctds .
Old 12-11-13, 06:01 AM   #2800
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I get occasional ctds anyway. Mostly on loading a game or quitting to windows.

Anyway, I reloaded a 3 days old save with my current mod list, went to base and checked the map - the button is back! That means I will have to re-do the whole of NW approaches, but that's better than starting from 0.
Old 12-11-13, 07:00 AM   #2801
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Old 12-11-13, 09:01 AM   #2802
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Unrelated question (I didn't feel like creating a new thread just to ask): is there a error reporting system in SH5? I couldn't find any concrete info on google. I'm getting a ctd every time at ~4 minutes after damaging a Nelson Battleship in NW of Britain. I've tried repeating it with low graphics, didn't help.

Edit: Weird. I followed the ship a couple km further, attacked it at different position and now it seems to work flawlessly.

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-11-13 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-11-13, 02:10 PM   #2803
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:

Your campaign objectives cfg files have change from when the current campaign started.
Do as Sober says and just continue without requesting missions and the campaign will fix itself when you progress to HappyTimes
Old 12-11-13, 07:35 PM   #2804
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Old 12-12-13, 03:01 AM   #2805
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .