SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-10, 11:59 AM   #166
Tomislav
Nub

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
I removed the TBT from the boat because it doesn't have one in reality. I've made it so that you really never need to surface at all, and all attacks should be made submerged.
1. Thanks for reply.
2. This sub is good job.
Tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 11:18 AM   #167
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Hey ETR, downloaded the 1.4 compatible 688 and 688i and I love it ..

My only issues are
1) the radar/sonar? head sticks out of the tower while surfaced.. should this be happening?

2) I"m running TMO w/ RSRDC (yes i know use on stock.. stock would be WAY too easy..) and the only problem i've found is that my menu (ingame ie: all the button functions) are back to stock and not the TMO kind. Though theyr still there, the icon isnt there anymore (for TMO added buttons only).

Other then that, great mod

Question. Is the Walter Turbine (diesel/electric & reactor steam motors modded in like 1.5?

Does this boat have an extendable surface search radar like Ohio and SSN class mods?

Any way to get the anechoic covering? It's an option in my homeport but just never comes up in the items list.

Wat is the maximum "quiet" speed this boat can run at?

Thanks for all your hard work

Krauter
Old 01-28-10, 11:58 AM   #168
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Sorry for double post, but again in 1.4, in realism settings I set limited fuel and battery..

I go to PD, running at ahead slow and within a couple hours my batteries are dead? Did Pearl forget to supply me with my reactor fuel?

Just wondering how I can keep high realism (well settings anyways..) to this mod.. I'm using her to learn manual firing with the tomahawks

Cheers

Krauter
Old 01-28-10, 04:18 PM   #169
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
1) the radar/sonar? head sticks out of the tower while surfaced.. should this be happening? Does this boat have an extendable surface search radar like Ohio and SSN class mods?
Yes to the first, no to the second. I changed the radar from being something that you can raise/lower to only being visible on the surface. I had to do this if I want to implement a snorkel in the future.

Quote:
2) I"m running TMO w/ RSRDC (yes i know use on stock.. stock would be WAY too easy..) and the only problem i've found is that my menu (ingame ie: all the button functions) are back to stock and not the TMO kind. Though theyr still there, the icon isnt there anymore (for TMO added buttons only).
Question. Is the Walter Turbine (diesel/electric & reactor steam motors modded in like 1.5?
I took a look at the mod and saw that I still had the 1.5 versions HUD.dds in there. I put that in there to try and get the Walter Turbine to work for 1.4. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the Walter Turbines working in 1.4 and I forgot to delete that file.

Quote:
Any way to get the anechoic covering? It's an option in my homeport but just never comes up in the items list.
Tried this too and couldn't get it to work.

Quote:
Wat is the maximum "quiet" speed this boat can run at?
You should be able to run at Ahead Standard and not make too much noise. The key is keeping your shaft rpm below 100.

Quote:
Sorry for double post, but again in 1.4, in realism settings I set limited fuel and battery..

I go to PD, running at ahead slow and within a couple hours my batteries are dead? Did Pearl forget to supply me with my reactor fuel? Just wondering how I can keep high realism (well settings anyways..) to this mod.. I'm using her to learn manual firing with the tomahawks
This was a big issue for me in making a 1.4 version. The battery life is fubar in the game. If you go below 7kts the battery will drain much faster than it's supposed to. Increasing the range only increases battery charge times. I thought about including a snorkel that would extend 1000ft into the air so you could run diesels submerged but it sticks out like a sore thumb to destroyers. The only way I could fix this was by changing the realism value for limited battery life to zero and redistributing its percentage to other options. So turning it on won't add to your overall realism percentage. I did the same with limited O2.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 07:33 PM   #170
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Thanks for the quick reply ETR,

For the radar antannae that's all good, my only problem is it sticks out in front of the conning station when surfaced (on the 688i) ><

Secondly, about the quiet speeds, I generally try to stay below 50 rpms which is around 7knts so that's perfect

3rd, About the anechoic tiling, what does it do (in 1.5 of course)

lastly about the HUD, would you be able to do a quick fix so I'm able to use TMO/RFB huds again with this mod?

Cheers

Krauter
Old 01-28-10, 07:50 PM   #171
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Thanks for the quick reply ETR,

For the radar antannae that's all good, my only problem is it sticks out in front of the conning station when surfaced (on the 688i) ><

Secondly, about the quiet speeds, I generally try to stay below 50 rpms which is around 7knts so that's perfect

3rd, About the anechoic tiling, what does it do (in 1.5 of course)

lastly about the HUD, would you be able to do a quick fix so I'm able to use TMO/RFB huds again with this mod?

Cheers

Krauter
The tiles reduce your sound signature even further, along with your radar signature. The radar mast on a 688i is right there in the front so it's a problem for them too. I'll work on the hud fix, I should get around to making a TMO version one of these days.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 01-28-10, 08:38 PM   #172
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Ahh haha must be a pain the rear But I guess they're not on the surface much to see it that way >< It's just a pain to con her out of Pearl on the surface lol

Thanks for the info on the anechoic tiling.. I'm still trying to find a place to buy 1.5 at.. I really don't want to make an hour drive to Best Buy to get one

Krauter
Old 01-28-10, 09:18 PM   #173
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Your best bet would be to order it online and have it shipped to you. Best Buy won't have it anymore probably.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 01-28-10, 09:25 PM   #174
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Thanks Any suggestions as to where I can order it from?
Old 01-28-10, 09:32 PM   #175
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

You can order the SH4 Gold edition here from the Subsim store. Costs just as much as the U Boat add-on by itself I think.

Note: I'm only seeing the downloadable version right now.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 01-28-10, 09:43 PM   #176
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Thanks for quick replies My only qualm with buying it out of the US is shipping costs
Old 01-28-10, 10:38 PM   #177
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downside of being a canuck. (sp?)

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 01-28-10, 10:46 PM   #178
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Haha yeap.. And the ironic thing is i'm an hour from the borde
Old 01-31-10, 03:53 PM   #179
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Hey ETR, I'm just toolin along in the Philippines and was wondering what happend to the extendable radar mast. So I went to free cam and looked inside the sail and lo and behold, there is.. something.

So I click on extend radar mast and it just dissapears. So I go above the surface and retry. Suddenly something black just shoots out of the water some 1000ft into the air. This is apparently the radar mast. What is the point of this? to be able to check radar at 1000ft :s?

Is this a bug or is it intended this way.. lol just wondering as I haven't been able to check for a/c when I surface from PD to give contact reports..

Krauter
Old 01-31-10, 03:55 PM   #180
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

...uh oh I'll get back to ya on that.

Edit: Just looked at the file and saw that I left the snorkel in there. Didn't want to do that yet. I'll have a fix up in the next day or so.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Last edited by ETR3(SS); 01-31-10 at 04:08 PM.