Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-19, 01:32 PM   #1
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Some back to the sea questions

Hello captains,

So I am back to this game after long brake and see that there is this awesome TWOS mode which I installed and it is awesome. Right now I am messing around with torp tutorials before I go out to sea.

So far what I noticed I am unable to find the following how to do:

1) I remember there was button that would auto ID ship....seems it is gone or moved to other place. Can I have this back?

2) I am using real navigation and no map contacts, and for some reason on tactical map I am not seeing my own sub after I do dead reckoning. Is there a reason for this or I am doing something wrong...I think I need points from my sub to be charted to tactical map...

3) I see there are loads of new charts and tools provided.....but I am unable to find tables that were indicating distance/time that would give me speed of the target or again I am unable to find

So guys if you could update me on what has changed and if I can get these things above mentioned back ti would be great.

Thnx subsim community! and happy new year
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 05:34 PM   #2
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

Welcome back Herr Kaleun!
TWoS is SH5 as it should have been, I think you will enjoy very much.
The "Auto ID" feature has been removed from Stock TWoS, but can be re-activated via your JGSME.
On the tactical map your position location disappears after a few seconds, either use the "show last position" button under your navigators menu or get your position again with your Tac map open. The position is permanently placed on your navigation map.

Your speed/ distance chart is located in the extra goodies menu on the right hand upper corner (sounds like you have already located this) It is the very last option.

Happy hunting!

-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 06:18 PM   #3
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Welcome back Herr Kaleun!
TWoS is SH5 as it should have been, I think you will enjoy very much.
The "Auto ID" feature has been removed from Stock TWoS, but can be re-activated via your JGSME.
On the tactical map your position location disappears after a few seconds, either use the "show last position" button under your navigators menu or get your position again with your Tac map open. The position is permanently placed on your navigation map.

Your speed/ distance chart is located in the extra goodies menu on the right hand upper corner (sounds like you have already located this) It is the very last option.

Happy hunting!

-Wayne U-203 Lorient
Awesome, thnx got it now!
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote