Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-15, 10:10 AM   #1
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Support Multiplayer wolfpack and Steam

Hey there everyone.

To get to the point, I've been away for a while. Last I knew SH5 was DRM riddled, but it appears that has changed. With that hurdle out of the way, I'm looking at picking it up for a buddy of mine and myself. We both love SH3 and have dabbled with SH4 in the past. After searching the forums a bit last night and this morning, I haven't been able to find anything that clearly states what "multiplayer" means for this game.

Is it just a selection of missions? Some sort of campaign (open world or linear?)? Is it Ubi server dependent, or could I host the server from the PC I'm playing from?

I don't care about if the game is "dead" from a multiplayer stand point, as long as I can host and he can join and we can play together that's fine.

I have read that Steam versions also have some special issues regarding updating and possibly multiplayer connections. Are these easy and reliable fixes?

Finally - the manual firing in SH3 is one of the main things I love about the game. It appears the vanilla version of SH5 is pretty arcade like - another reason I've never given it a chance. I saw some videos of modded play and it appears that these mods have either fixed that aspect, or they're playing on higher realism settings that videos I've previously watched. Is this the case?

In Summary:
- Multiplayer:
Scope (single missions/missions in "campaign" vs campaign)?
Servers (Ubi dependent or client run? Dedicated or PC playing on?)
- Steam:
Easy fixes to get it working for both single and multiplayer?
- Manual Firing:
Realism settings (Does vanilla get to SH3 level of manual firing)?
Mods (Are mods needed for good manual firing to be achieved)?

Thanks everyone. As I mentioned I did some searching, but there are a few threads on multiplayer that have never been replied to.

Cheers.
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 11:34 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome back

HeinzMcDurgen! After a long silent run.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiplayer, sh5, steam