SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-11, 08:34 PM   #1666
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

kk, I just found that I am patched up to 1.2.

However, I also noticed that for some reason I cannot deactivate some mods, showing that something has happened to my installation of Sh5. (grrr), so I am going to attempt to reinstall.

Wish me luck. LOL
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 08:49 PM   #1667
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

@Pythos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
I have never had issues reinstalling.
[/URL]
There is one issue with registration:
If You reinstalling the game from the same DVD, You had to be registered at the same user-name and enter the same password as before to get access to the UBI-account. The SH5 protection system considers to have only one account for one DVD serial number.
I've faced this issue myself and had some troubles when few months ago I reinstalled the game and tried to install it 2 weeks later, and found out that I forgot my password So there was a big mess for me when trying to create new account, everything was useless.
Fortunately I found the old dbgview file saved on my PC which contained the information (user account name and password) necessary to log in.

P.S. Now I just get reed of this borrowing procedures with logging-in, synchronization of saved games, etc. at all

Sorry for off-top
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 08:57 PM   #1668
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythos View Post
kk, I just found that I am patched up to 1.2.

However, I also noticed that for some reason I cannot deactivate some mods, showing that something has happened to my installation of Sh5. (grrr), so I am going to attempt to reinstall.

Wish me luck. LOL
Patching begins automatically after installing the game from DVD You click the sh5.exe. file. Or you should better run game updater (is in support folder) to be sure the patch is installed. It's quite a long procedure, so be patios and wait until it should be installed completely.

Good luck, Pythos
Old 08-23-11, 12:33 AM   #1669
pythos
Grey Wolf

Okay, The reinstall went fine. Got the game patched up to 1.2. But This mod STILL crashes to desktop.

I have installed the patch for the mod, but this is what happens.

Game loads to the main screen.

I load a saved game in dock, and wait...and wait...and wait.

Finally the bunker scene begins to load up, but before being fully loaded up, CTD.

Now, I really don't know what is going on here. Looking at the patch there does not actually seem to be anything going on. In other words all the folders in the patch contain more compressed files, as well as having a file with the original add on files. I looked at the readme and could find no installing instructions other than to use JSGME, which is what I used.

addendum: Just loaded a historic mission, and it ran fine and OMG this is gorgeous eye candy wise. LOL. But I guess this is meaning I have to restart my career I will try a scratch new career.

Addendum2: GOT IT!!! Not sure what was happening, but something in my initial reinstall was wrong and causing some sort of issue. I completely uninstalled the game, and cleared out its folder, and did another reinstall and patch, and the mod is running, along with others. Have yet to do a full patrol, but am back in action at least for now.

Addendum 3: The issue is still not fully solved. The CTDs, are intermittent and happen on load up. Currently starting new career, and am on the Type VIIA out in the baltic, headed to Kiel. Gonna see if the dock loads up after I reach Kiel.

Last edited by pythos; 08-23-11 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-23-11, 03:17 PM   #1670
vlad29
XO

Quote:
I have installed the patch for the mod, but this is what happens.
I looked at the readme and could find no installing instructions other than to use JSGME, which is what I used.
Are you sure the patch2 to MO is installed correctly? There's a good video-tutorial by STOIANM (he is wright now very busy while negotiating with 'Warner Bro's' about future joint movie-projects) where the whole installation process is described properly
http://subsim.com/radioroom/showthre...181538&page=18, post#1

I load a saved game in dock, and wait...and wait...and wait.
Finally the bunker scene begins to load up, but before being fully loaded up, CTD.
I think it depends upon system requirements and number of complicated mods incl. MO installed. Running with 2048 MB of RAM I'm facing the same situation with long downloading time, being able to have a cup of coffee and to receive few messages from my housewife re. 'husband debt'.
Hi, Pythos. Pl. notice some remarks in green. If there any progress in your problem by now?
Old 08-23-11, 06:00 PM   #1671
pythos
Grey Wolf

Thanks for the links about that patch. I will watch them when I get home to fix my balky installation of this mod. It works intermittently at the moment.
Old 08-23-11, 11:05 PM   #1672
pythos
Grey Wolf

kk, as I approached kiel, the game crashed to desktop. It is something to do with the harbor things.
I'll continue sorting this out.

I did apply the patch as noted in those vids. Maybe did something wrong in that step. Gonna dump this download of Maxum opus, and download new ones.
Old 08-24-11, 02:47 AM   #1673
pythos
Grey Wolf

I redid everything, and so far so good. U-27 is headed out into the baltic on a mission part of Open Horizons mission one.

We shall see how it goes.
Old 08-25-11, 11:21 AM   #1674
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

@TDW.

I've been trying to get rid of radio contact reports from the BDU that are for the other side of the world. I've checked your options file and found the one which say's "Change max radius for BDU contact reports from sub"....or words to that effect.

You note that the setting is in metres and already have it set at default @45000. This is whats confusing as that equates to 45Km and that would be if anything a little close (as a max), yet i receive contact reports as far as North africa when patroling off England???

Also, im wanting to make the BDU radio contact reports refer to my chosen Hull number (adjusted via option file). The radio messages DO refer to my chosen hull but not the contact reports.
I see you added a note refering to the change of the hull number in the documents folder which i did (and saved) but when i return to the game it still calls me U-27 (not my hull number) and when i come out of the game, the documents folder has returned to U-27 again?.

Normally to adjust your options file, i just go straight into SH5/data/Scripts/Menu/options file and all works well. do i need to uninstall MO mod then change the documnets file hull number then re-install to work??

One more question, i've found the file for changing the boats max dive depth, but i am confronted with two submarine files for each boat, which is the correct one to adjust and again do i need to un-install the mod first.

Thanks alot.
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 02:23 PM   #1675
pythos
Grey Wolf

Follow up:

Just for fun I tried to view the ships in the museum. Went through several US ships, got to the landing ship tank, and moved on to the next and *bam*, black screen followed by CTD.

I also encountered a CTD when attempting to start a new career, minus the tutorial.

Still having issues. Trying to sort out a commonality in the failures. The technical report has had a commonality concerning a .dll, but at the moment I forget the whole number.
Old 08-26-11, 10:29 AM   #1676
pythos
Grey Wolf

This is the error code I got on my crash report when the sim crashed outside of Kiel on the way back following the Tutorial

AppName: sh5.exe AppVer 1.2.0.0 ModName: msvcr90.dll ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148 Offset: 00036bf4

Not sure how much help this will be for trouble shooting. This may be a problem isolated with my machine...which would suck, cause looking at this mod I will miss out on a lot.

Addendum: I removed everything but Magnus opus, THEN, installed just the base of OPEN HORIZONS II (I was running the full versions along with MO). I approached AND entered Kiel (fanfare).

Sooo, it would seem the problem lies with Open Horizons II, opposed to MO. Continuing looking for issue.

Last edited by pythos; 08-26-11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-27-11, 01:57 AM   #1677
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
This is the error code I got on my crash report when the sim crashed outside of Kiel on the way back following the Tutorial

AppName: sh5.exe AppVer 1.2.0.0 ModName: msvcr90.dll ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148 Offset: 00036bf4

Not sure how much help this will be for trouble shooting. This may be a problem isolated with my machine...which would suck, cause looking at this mod I will miss out on a lot.

Addendum: I removed everything but Magnus opus, THEN, installed just the base of OPEN HORIZONS II (I was running the full versions along with MO). I approached AND entered Kiel (fanfare).

Sooo, it would seem the problem lies with Open Horizons II, opposed to MO. Continuing looking for issue.
Hi Pythos

To get a better picture of the problem - start the Dbgview.exe before you start SH5.
If you CTD it will create a report with full info.

You find it in;

NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications \Dbgview.exe

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 10:02 PM   #1678
pythos
Grey Wolf

I just encountered another CTD while leaving the Skaggerat.

I attempted to find the file referenced but could not find it.

However, I am really thinking this is an Open Horizons issues and not a MO issue.

Still chasing.
Old 08-28-11, 01:30 AM   #1679
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Default @ Pythos

Quote:
I just encountered another CTD while leaving the Skaggerat.

I attempted to find the file referenced but could not find it.

However, I am really thinking this is an Open Horizons issues and not a MO issue.

Still chasing.

If you run win7 just press the Start button inte lower left corner - type 'dbgview' in the search field
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 08:39 AM   #1680
C.Callaghan
Watch

Downloads: 24

hey all,

i just installed magnus opus and it seems to be really good and added alot of immersive extras.

the only problem i am having is that the number of radio intercepts i recieve is just insane and tbh quite annoying. i watched a video of stoianm1 who has Magnus opus installed and i noticed within the video he seemed to have an option to turn off specific radio notifications. any advice on how i can reduce/turn this off so that i can recieve only notifications from bDu?

any help would be greatly recieved!
C.Callaghan is offline   Reply With Quote