Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-19, 12:44 PM   #6361
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

BTW since we are talking about the medias tattered reputation there is the story about the Catholic kids with the MAGA hats supposedly "harassing" an elderly Indian veteran during the mostly media ignored pro-life rally.

Turns out the guy and his troop of activists pushed themselves into the group of kids in order to provoke a reaction so they could create a bit of propaganda film to be gleefully reported by CNN and NBC.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-21-19, 01:01 PM   #6362
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes @August - You alone are right.

Trump is the kind and compassionate God, and the others who can think and see are demons from hell...

I hope you will one day be rewarded for your "loyalty".

Old 01-21-19, 01:19 PM   #6363
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

And then there's Bleiente.
Old 01-21-19, 02:35 PM   #6364
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I'm guessing there are more than a few here that see this as ok seeing as it was against Trump supporters but not everyone is so blind:

Quote:
The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran
Quote:

Partial video footage of students from a Catholic high school allegedly harassing a Native American veteran after the anti-abortion March for Life rally in Washington, D.C., over the weekend quickly went viral, provoking widespread condemnation of the kids on social media. Various media figures and Twitter users called for them to be doxed, shamed, or otherwise punished, and school administrators said they would consider expulsion. But the rest of the video—nearly two hours of additional footage showing what happened before and after the encounter—adds important context that strongly contradicts the media's narrative.
Far from engaging in racially motivated harassment, the group of mostly white, MAGA-hat-wearing male teenagers remained relatively calm and restrained despite being subjected to incessant racist, homophobic, and bigoted verbal abuse by members of the bizarre religious sect Black Hebrew Israelites, who were lurking nearby. The BHI has existed since the late 19th century, and is best describes as a black nationalist cult movement; its members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites, and often express condemnation of white people, Christians, and gays. DC-area Black Hebrews are known to spout particularly vile bigotry.
Phillips put himself between the teens and the black nationalists, chanting and drumming as he marched straight into the middle of the group of young people. What followed was several minutes of confusion: The teens couldn't quite decide whether Phillips was on their side or not, but tentatively joined in his chanting. It's not at all clear this was intended as an act of mockery rather than solidarity.

One student did not get out of Phillips way as he marched, and gave the man a hard stare and a smile that many have described as creepy. This moment received the most media coverage: The teen has been called the product of a "hate factory" and likened to a school shooter, segregation-era racist, and member of the Ku Klux Klan. I have no idea what he was thinking, but portraying this as an example of obvious, racially-motivated hate is a stretch. Maybe he simply had no idea why this man was drumming in his face, and couldn't quite figure out the best response? It bears repeating that Phillips approached him, not the other way around.
And that's all there is to it. Phillips walked away after several minutes, the Black Hebrew Israelites continued to insult the crowd, and nothing else happened.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/c...phillips-video

Old 01-21-19, 02:39 PM   #6365
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@August

Do you actually notice that you are a stupid joke with your ambitions?!?

Received Infraction
Old 01-21-19, 03:06 PM   #6366
Dowly
Lucky Jack

@August, both CNN and NBC have followed up the story with the further developments.
Old 01-21-19, 04:32 PM   #6367
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
@August, both CNN and NBC have followed up the story with the further developments.

Yeah buried on the back page, maybe. They scream out the initial story to get nuts like the one mentioned below going but then whisper the "correction" later on once the damage is done.

Quote:
Comedian Kathy Griffin, among others, tweeted out photos of students at Covington Catholic High School smiling and standing in front of a Native American man banging a drum during the Indigenous Peoples March.
“Name these kids. I want NAMES. Shame them,” Griffin tweeted Saturday. “If you think these (expletive) wouldn’t dox you in a heartbeat, think again.”

Twitter followers quickly identified several students seen on video, leading to online threats and public shaming. The students have denied any malicious intent during the confrontation. Initial news reports fingered the high school students — in D.C. for Friday's March for Life — but video that emerged later suggested the Native American man and others present helped instigate the episode

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...xxing-of-teens

Old 01-21-19, 04:52 PM   #6368
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah buried on the back page, maybe.
Front page on both CNN and NBC News.
Old 01-21-19, 04:56 PM   #6369
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

He (August) winds like a worm...
It sticks with it - Trump is a traitor, racist, demagogue and cheater!
This fact has long been proven.

Last edited by Bleiente; 01-21-19 at 05:30 PM.
  Received Infraction
Old 01-21-19, 05:06 PM   #6370
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Yes and of course they should. The incident once again shows the MSM's all to predictable response when Trump or his supporters are involved. If it reflects badly on Trump, get the story out and worry about accuracy later. It begins to have an effect. I gotta say my first reaction to the Buzzfeed story was skepticism. Question is will they change their ways?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-21-19, 05:56 PM   #6371
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Can't even trust the mainstream media weather reporting

Old 01-21-19, 06:15 PM   #6372
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Even the most ignorant news channel on the planet can't get it right, Fox news!! Talk about BS and so called double standards, right em2nought

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...urg/ar-BBSxzEI

Al Capone
Old 01-21-19, 06:18 PM   #6373
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I doubt he could build it, its for kids ages 4 and up. Way above his IQ,lol

Al Capone
Old 01-21-19, 06:50 PM   #6374
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Hardly.

Old 01-21-19, 07:07 PM   #6375
Dowly
Lucky Jack

It was the very first news story on CNN when I replied to you two hours ago. It is also still very clearly there on CNN google search.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter