SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-08, 07:21 PM   #1
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
My feedback on U-Boat missions and some other questions ?

First the simple questions that are general in nature. I've been meaning to ask these questions but never got around to it until now.

1. When you have damage to one of your systems, when you mouse point at the red section that is apparently a measure of the damage to that system what do the numbers mean ? Does a 1 mean it's totally unrepairable ? What does 0.66 or the rest of the numbers mean and how long does it take for it to go to 0 (zero) ??

2. When SH3 and SH4 were developed and even with addons and only looking at mechants, night raids should be easier for surface attack and torpedo attack. This was so for the real war. Is there a difference in sensitivity of the merchants during the day than the night ?

Now for U-boat missions...

So far it is great and I love the new interface but there are a few minor problems.

1. I need to know how to eliminate the grid that follows the pointer. Has anyone found out how to turn it off ?????

2. Secondary weapons do not work on ships like they do with the american boats. If you shoot at a merchant or any other ship with guns other than the main 5" gun, no damage is done. It just disappears into the target with no damage what so ever. I suggest that this is a bug in the program....

3. Anyone returning to home port notices that you don't get a free ride into port when you are 4 miles out. You have to guide your ship into the dock before the little icon comes up that says you can refit or dock. This is a little different but I don't mind at all. Makes it more realistic.....

4. I think there is a problem with autotargeting with torpedos. I have been shooting from the surface and there is no way to adjust depth without going to main torpedo panel. There was in std SH4.

That's it....
Feedback appreciated.

Regards
Jib01
:hmm: :hmm:
Old 03-13-08, 12:28 AM   #2
maerean_m
Captain

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

1. Yes, the 0.66 means the equipment is 66% damaged. 1 means the item is beyond repair (unless you hired that mechanical guy that can fix even those equipments )

2. The sonar and radar sensors on the ships are the same in the daylight and at night. The performance of the visual "sensor" is proportional with the amount of light, on all ships (including yours)

1. The navigation map grid is configured from the data\Menu\KGrid\KGrid.cfg file. I'll ask if there is anything that can cancel it.

2. You can't really expect to sink a merchant with AA bullets. I think that not even a million of those won't help.

3. I've been offered to dock in Surabaya while being miles away, with nothing in visual range.

4. That is standard SH3 behavior for the German uboats.
Old 03-13-08, 02:08 PM   #3
Rykaird
Weps

Downloads: 36

I'm pretty sure I blew a fishing trawler to pieces with AA - the aft mounted, single shot heavy you start the campaign with.

Are you sure it isn't that the larger ships are correctly modeled to be so resistant to AA damage that nothing happens?
Rykaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-08, 03:48 PM   #4
Johnson0311
Seaman

Downloads: 53

I've killed enemy crew with AA guns.
Johnson0311 is offline   Reply With Quote