SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-09, 04:19 AM   #691
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

That's some very cool planes CC .

If you could try to persuade your friend or put him under gunpoint to do more. I would certainly love to see a reworked Su-27 model for example. And add a new F-16 and F-15 model as well.
Old 10-18-09, 10:03 PM   #692
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0
Default RA status

On the Russian forums, thy announced that ,due to the amount of additional things they receive from other developers, there will be no update 1 to follow update 0 already published, but more likely DWX1.1 complete new release. Lets just hope that it will not take too long.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 10:25 PM   #693
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
On the Russian forums, thy announced that ,due to the amount of additional things they receive from other developers, there will be no update 1 to follow update 0 already published, but more likely DWX1.1 complete new release. Lets just hope that it will not take too long.
DWX 1.1 for 2010. (that's my opinion of course).
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 11:24 PM   #694
Castout
Silent Hunter

I hope it won't take another year. And we need missions and campaigns for God sake.....
Right now playing DWX is like driving a Ferrari in the garage...

Last edited by Castout; 10-18-09 at 11:36 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 12:44 AM   #695
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
I hope it won't take another year. And we need missions and campaigns for God sake.....
Right now playing DWX is like driving a Ferrari in the garage...
Be optimistic Castout, 2010 is less than 3 months away.
For all we know they could release DWX 1.1 on january 1st 2010.
Old 10-19-09, 02:47 AM   #696
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Be optimistic Castout, 2010 is less than 3 months away.
For all we know they could release DWX 1.1 on january 1st 2010.
Hmm judging how long they held DWX 1.0 in beta it's kind of hard to be optimistic. I was thinking more like October 2010 .
Old 10-19-09, 08:20 PM   #697
Castout
Silent Hunter

Is there something wrong with the ALFA anti ship cruise missile?
I launched 4 of them at a carrier target near their maximum range set their scan zone to wide and seeker range to 20nm and they always seemed unable to detect any target though they flew quite close to their intended target.

I've repeated the procedure for about 5 times and read DWX weapon manual and there's nothing to help me.
Old 10-20-09, 01:36 AM   #698
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Hmm judging how long they held DWX 1.0 in beta it's kind of hard to be optimistic. I was thinking more like October 2010 .
Well if you look at the number of revolutionary things that DXW 1.1 will support, october 2010 doesn't seem so bad after all.
The eventuality of having finally a working DSRV is just icing on the cake.
Old 10-23-09, 03:26 PM   #699
Bob117
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Default Suggestion

I havent posted here in a few months at least and I have some suggestions for the next release of the RA mod. If its not too late to add things I was wondering if it would be possible to add ASROCS to the ffg and make its hull lauched torps wire guided. Also those helos that you control in the astac screen it would ne nice if you could order them to start using their dipping sonar in active and passive. I know the modders are severly limited it what they can do by a lack of source code but hopefully these things are attainable.
Bob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 03:34 PM   #700
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob117 View Post
I havent posted here in a few months at least and I have some suggestions for the next release of the RA mod. If its not too late to add things I was wondering if it would be possible to add ASROCS to the ffg and make its hull lauched torps wire guided. Also those helos that you control in the astac screen it would ne nice if you could order them to start using their dipping sonar in active and passive. I know the modders are severly limited it what they can do by a lack of source code but hopefully these things are attainable.

Real life OHP class frigates don't carry asrocs nor wire guided torpedoes.
The main line of attack of these ships are the helos. The frigate's torpedoes are only for self protection, and if a sub can get to less than 5 nm from you, you aren't exactly doing a good job with the helos and active/passive sonar in the first place.

By the way I wonder if people really read the documentation of the mod.
Its not difficult and many questions are answered right there.
As for letting helos use active/passive dipping sonar the answer is no.
Its not going to happen ever. /end sarcasm.

RTFM.
Old 10-23-09, 05:30 PM   #701
Bob117
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Default dang

thats really dissapointing to learn that real life ohp ffg's dont carry asrocs thats just strange i mean that way once you use up ur helos torps they r not useless. it just would be nice is all able to target subs at longer range and attack them faster. oh well i didnt know that. i do know that the austrilian ohp ffg's carry wire guided torps but i wonder why we dont. and why do you say it will be impossible for the modders to add an option that commands the ai controlled helos that are lauched from your ship to use their dipping sonar? is it something the game engine cant handle? Also you mentionnede documnetation for the mod where can i find that? Keep in mind I havent kept up to snuff for a few months so theres no need for sarcasm.

Last edited by Bob117; 10-23-09 at 09:51 PM.
Bob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 10:53 PM   #702
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob117 View Post
and why do you say it will be impossible for the modders to add an option that commands the ai controlled helos that are lauched from your ship to use their dipping sonar? is it something the game engine cant handle? Also you mentionnede documnetation for the mod where can i find that? Keep in mind I havent kept up to snuff for a few months so theres no need for sarcasm.

Ok ok non sarcasm.
The final version of the mod RA already has controls for setting the dipping sonar in active passive.
The documentation is released with the mod.

You can download the mod here
Old 10-24-09, 09:00 PM   #703
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
That's some very cool planes CC .

If you could try to persuade your friend or put him under gunpoint to do more. I would certainly love to see a reworked Su-27 model for example. And add a new F-16 and F-15 model as well.
Hey Castout.

I've got a Su-27, Mig 29, F16, F15, F14, B-2 Spirit, and a lot more but the RA Team doesn't seem to be that bothered about having them.

I will post some screen prints of them asap.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-09, 09:22 PM   #704
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183

RA team is announcing revised version 1.1 in "a couple of weeks" maybe you can still persuade them, but at the moment they seem to be concentrating on the game engine and bug fixes, which is understandable. On the other hand, it is true that communication via the Russian forums seems to be quit difficult as the team members sometimes don't answer for some time to the messages
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-09, 10:36 PM   #705
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Hey Castout.

I've got a Su-27, Mig 29, F16, F15, F14, B-2 Spirit, and a lot more but the RA Team doesn't seem to be that bothered about having them.

I will post some screen prints of them asap.
Well that's terrific . Please do post some pictures. The pictures may eventually persuade the modders to include them in their next patch or immediately after the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
RA team is announcing revised version 1.1 in "a couple of weeks" maybe you can still persuade them, but at the moment they seem to be concentrating on the game engine and bug fixes, which is understandable. On the other hand, it is true that communication via the Russian forums seems to be quit difficult as the team members sometimes don't answer for some time to the messages
Wow somebody has been working hard for our enjoyment

Tags
reinforce alert