SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-10, 09:52 AM   #5416
donw
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Loading "GWX-Lite Harbor Traffic" should help your traffic issue.. as for the rest.. can't help ya Mate.. you'll have to wait for one of the designers to chime in.
donw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 09:59 AM   #5417
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

This should help with your radio problem.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=545
Old 05-17-10, 10:03 AM   #5418
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Lite Harbor Traffic will indeed do away with excessive ships/planes in your home port.

WB's Mission Orders Lite mod will do away with non-essential radio traffic:

Quote:
This mod drastically reduces the number of radio messages you receive during the campaign to a total of just 229 which are all relevant to missions scripted into GWX or important to your decision making process (e.g. location of supply ships). WBNN is designed for GWX but will work with any mod.
It can be found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1385

The GWX Contact Color mod will return the "wake tails" to contacts shown on your nav map but will also re-color them to indicate their enemy/friendly/neutral status. There may very well be a mod that only returns the tails and nothing else, if so someone else may know where to find it. The Contact Color mod can be found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...?do=file&id=33
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 03:32 PM   #5419
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

One section not made reference to is the friendly air cover at your bases....this ranges from a passing flight of bombers to a pair of fighters or even a certain very early version of the helicopter.

All of that is scripted in to the campaign layer and would cause a catastrophic phenomena if removed by anyone not understanding the campaign files well enough.

The above are not system requirements heavy.

On the other hand, later in the war the Allies will actually bomb your facilities and those moments can have an impact on the fps (frames per second) but IMHO are well worth the cost.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 01:02 PM   #5420
Kapt Z
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 153

Regarding the radio traffic in GWX-

I assumed that the majority of it was just immersion but after a contact report showed a inbound convoy a square away from me I received the next radio message 2 hours later.

"U-35, 39 and 53 to operate against the convoy."

My boat is u-53!!

That has to be a coincidence, right?
Old 05-19-10, 01:16 PM   #5421
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Probably but did you try to intercept the convoy anyway? Just out of sheer curiosity.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 02:18 PM   #5422
Kapt Z
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Probably but did you try to intercept the convoy anyway? Just out of sheer curiosity.
Yes. In 2 night surface attacks in heavy seas and low visibility U-53 sank a Southampton class cruiser and two cargo ships as well as damaging a third freighter.

What can I say? Orders are orders.
Old 05-19-10, 02:31 PM   #5423
tomfon
Grey Wolf

I guess it is a rare coincidence then. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with you Uboat's number though.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 05-19-10, 02:34 PM   #5424
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
I guess it is a rare coincidence then. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with you Uboat's number though.

That's right....a rare coincidence....and a lucky one at that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 02:36 PM   #5425
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
...must be.

Mods for SH3
Old 05-19-10, 03:54 PM   #5426
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Can the reloading time of a torpedo be changed on an IXD2 to match the loading time a torpedo has on an XXI? Also how do you put the battery of an XXI to go into an IXD2?
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 03:59 PM   #5427
Kapt Z
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Luck, a dark night and Sept 1939. The happiest of 'happy times'.
Old 05-19-10, 09:10 PM   #5428
Nuoz
Sparky

Downloads: 5

I have a tech problem with the GWX 3.0. My windows XP crashes mid game!!!! This is VERY unusual. The computer just reboots! Blue screen type of thing. I can read "Hardware" in it, is there any known issue? I'm using GWX 3.0 and SC 3.2. Help please
Old 05-19-10, 09:17 PM   #5429
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuoz View Post
I have a tech problem with the GWX 3.0. My windows XP crashes mid game!!!! This is VERY unusual. The computer just reboots! Blue screen type of thing. I can read "Hardware" in it, is there any known issue? I'm using GWX 3.0 and SC 3.2. Help please
Next and best step in getting assistance would be to list your computer specs here, plus any other mods or addons you may be using aside from GWX and Commander. That may help narrow it down to a known issue with a particular setup or combination of factors, or at least rule out some of the usual suspects.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 09:45 PM   #5430
Nuoz
Sparky

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Next and best step in getting assistance would be to list your computer specs here, plus any other mods or addons you may be using aside from GWX and Commander. That may help narrow it down to a known issue with a particular setup or combination of factors, or at least rule out some of the usual suspects.
Sure. I'm on a dual core @ 2.4Ghz with 2GB RAM. My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce 200GT and it could be their newest driver. However, i didn't get this issue with the previous version of GWX. Anyone else reporting this? I tried it 3 times already.