SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-14, 10:54 AM   #1
fulrich
Swabbie

Downloads: 634
Uploads: 0
Default CapnScurvy's Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4

I just loaded (CapnScurvy's Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4) that modification without issue. However, I have noticed something I don't recall having to deal with the last time I used this mod. CapnScurvy's Large compass with the red point reference is just great! But I find I cannot make rudder turns by clicking on it. Instead, I have to use the keyboard with the only choice of full left or full right rudder. That can't be right. I defer to CapnScurvy's programing expertise and expect that it is a problem on my end during installation. I have gone over the install several times and have checked the Menu_1024_768.ini but don't see any obvious error I might have made.

Does anyone have a clue how I should proceed with the "correct" installment of this mod.

Thanks, Mates

Fritz
fulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 05:02 PM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I'm assuming your version of the game is 1.4. The version is displayed in the lower right of the "Main" game menu screen.

I'm also assuming there are no other mods activated. Just guessing, since you didn't mention any.

I will also assume you know you have a good install of the SH4, patched to version 1.4. What I mean by that, you've already made a JSGME "Snapshot" of your stock game files, just after a fresh install of the game, and have run the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature to see if your current stock game files are as they were when you first installed the game? Whenever the game acts differently as expected, especially if you've added/removed mods with JSGME, the first place to check for left-over/corrupted files is with the "Snapshot" feature of JSGME. JSGME wouldn't have put this feature into its "Tasks...." menu if the app was fool-proof in its operation!

If all of the above is as expected, I'll have to check the mod with my 1.4 version of the game. I can't think of anything the mod has done to misdirect a mouse click....it simply enlarged the dials....not changing their function?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote