SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-11, 09:13 AM   #256
ulpics
Swabbie

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijnfleetadmiral View Post
Did it just like it says...still nothing. Thought it might be because beforehand I was activating 'WSM3.0GWX3.0' instead of 'WSM3.0', so I deactivated the former and activated the latter...nada. Tried activating both along with the 'GeI' pack...nada.

I'm starting a new career in August 1939, so might the guns appear once the war starts? I'm starting to think no because one would think the guns would be on board ship to begin with.

This is really frustrating; I'm about to just say 'screw this' and go back to playing the game with just the GWX pack, although I can't seem to get promotions on there easily (even though I've modified the files to where I should be a Fregattenkapitan by now).

And the sad thing is these are all problems I've been having with SH3...I can't imagine how it'd be if I tried to mod SH4!

-Matt
Get WSM3.0GWX3.0 outta your "Mod" folder all together. It doesn't need to be there. (might be causing the conflict) -- Install that into your main/root ShIII folder ---Install WSM3.0 in "Mods" --- activate through JSGME --- pick a GE pack --- activate GE pack through JSGME --- run SHIII/GWX --- pick the ship (in game) that corresponds with the GE pack you just "activated". Finito...should work!

If it doesn't. Then one of the guys on here will eventually get back to you and figure it out, I'm sure. They are far more knowledgeable than I, when doing this sort of thing.

Good luck! Hope it works this time.

Last edited by ulpics; 09-01-11 at 12:39 PM.
ulpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 03:15 PM   #257
ijnfleetadmiral
Ensign

Downloads: 116

I am now in command of Panzerschiffe Admiral Scheer.

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

ijnfleetadmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 05:46 PM   #258
ulpics
Swabbie

Quote:
I am now in command of Panzerschiffe Admiral Scheer.

Thanks for the help!

-Matt
Glad ta hear

Btw. Check out Stormfly's "damage screen" and other add-ons to C-47's mod. A must have, in my opinion!!
Old 09-01-11, 11:53 PM   #259
ijnfleetadmiral
Ensign

Where might I find those?

-Matt

Old 09-02-11, 05:52 AM   #260
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Where might I find those?

-Matt
...it`s not released to the public yet duo to missing data of a LSH5 version i finished. a pity, it got lost duo to HD errors without backup, so i lost interrest doing all the migration work again. (the current version i have is based on LSH4).

...as this complete warship enhancement package also includes many other things from other mod`s, like units from U-47`s wolfocean mod and many other things, iam sorry to say that i have no permissions to publish that as a complete package (i have also to say that i didnt asked for it yet, because the intension creating it was, having a easy to use package which is rdy to use for a small multi player community and easy handling.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 11:58 AM   #261
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

i have a problem:/ the hull integrity indicator is gone! when i activated the german mod....any help?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 02:37 PM   #262
ulpics
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
i have a problem:/ the hull integrity indicator is gone! when i activated the german mod....any help?
THAT...and, the rest of the "damage control" screen are pretty much non-functional in the mod.

Last edited by ulpics; 09-06-11 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 11:29 AM   #263
ijnfleetadmiral
Ensign

Anyone else CTD when clicking on the 'surface cruise' mode when playing as Scharnhorst?

-Matt

Old 09-07-11, 06:21 PM   #264
ulpics
Swabbie

Quote:
Anyone else CTD when clicking on the 'surface cruise' mode when playing as Scharnhorst?

-Matt
Yep
Old 09-08-11, 12:33 AM   #265
ijnfleetadmiral
Ensign

Weird...it didn't do it when I was playing as Admiral Scheer. Any idea if it does it when you're playing as Bismarck?

-Matt

Old 09-08-11, 06:11 AM   #266
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
i assume you talking about the moded damage screen or enhancement package, if so you should know i removed the hull integrity indicator because of realism.

this package also have a different damage system, damage to devices like engines, screws, rudders, fuel bunker, radio, guns, torpedo tubes, main pump is indicated but also uses some kind of anti instand death techniks (very high hitpoints, lower armor) to prevent ending the game while sinking (works in most cases).

Also the crew ability`s for repairing damage and flooding is reduced. this version have 2 flooding models working, the normal compartment flooding (which is visible in the damage screen) and equipment flooding which is not visible in the damage screen and often not recoverable from. So if you loose for example your left engine, you can expect a permanent listing to the left side until reaching the dock, same for the other equipments like the fuel bunker or pumps and so on. If you have a damaged fuel bunker, repair it as soon as possible, it have a high fuel outflow rate.

this all have been done to have a bit more realistic damage and sinking experience, beeing able (in most cases) sinking with your ship before the game ends then.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:11 PM   #267
ulpics
Swabbie

Quote:
Weird...it didn't do it when I was playing as Admiral Scheer. Any idea if it does it when you're playing as Bismarck?

-Matt
Bismarck...NO crash
Old 12-26-11, 12:57 PM   #268
Foxhound
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Default surface vessels?

hi. i can't find this WARSHIP mod. i am dying to see what it is. am i getting it right, you have made a mod in SH3 in which it's possible for the player to MAN surface vessels like cruisers?
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 11:25 AM   #269
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

hey chinese what happen we missed you any progress with the japan mod? are those battleships cannons ready to fire?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 03:51 PM   #270
Stark
Watch

Downloads: 9

Hate to drag up old topics but does anyone know the current progress on any of U-47's other works? Diggin the warship mod but is this the end as we know it?
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote