Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-13, 11:10 AM   #196
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'd best not tell you he dies at the end then

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 11:18 AM   #197
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Already got the read some spoilers!
Really? With one more season to go (plus Clara). ! Even if he said in SJA that he could regenerate more that 12, I still belive that 12 was good number, so they have to have a actor that beat Tom Baker and his 6 years or more of Doctor Who!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 11:23 AM   #198
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm not convinced any Doctor will outlive that record nowadays.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-13, 11:26 AM   #199
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm not convinced any Doctor will outlive that record nowadays.
Hummmmm!

He they end the show with the 13th Doctor (normal with the 12 regenerations) they will have a N number of fans saying that it is wrong and the same N number saying that it is right. If they do not and the Doctor have a few more incarnations, a N number of fans saying that it is wrong and the same N number saying that it is right!

Enfim... has I say!
Old 05-16-13, 11:28 AM   #200
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

The Second Doctor said he was 450 years old. He also said that barring accidents Time Lords could live forever. The Third Doctor said he had been a scientist for "thousands of years". The Fourth Doctor said he was only 749, not 750. The Tenth Doctor said he was 903, then we saw when he passed 1000.

The "Twelve regenerations" thing was first mentioned when they brought back The Master after Roger Delgado died. This was in The Deadly Assassin, and they said he had used up all twelve of them. I believe that with the Time Lords all gone and The Doctor having become much more powerful, that is now past history. The truth is that he can regenerate for as long as the show is popular. They'll always think of something.
Old 05-16-13, 11:41 AM   #201
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

The six Doctor says something about 800 years, during the last season, The Trial of a Time Lord, second story, I think.
Funny thing the 2nd saying that, because after the first regeneration, he finds the 500 year journal of the 1st one. Always thought that the 1st had gone to 500 or beyond before dying.
The big trouble with the first 3 Docs and 4th one, it is prior to the Deadly Assassin, the 12 regenerations haven't been mention yet. After that, it became cannon! But if I recall, the City of Death story was after and it have more faces showed before the 1st Doctor face.

PS: talking by memory so...
Old 05-17-13, 02:08 PM   #202
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

When Matt Smith starred as the Doctor in The Sarah Jane Adventures he passed some comment he could regenerate 900 times, I may not be spot on with the figure but it was well over 12.

BTW: Don't forget The Brain of Morbius where the Dr Vs Morbius in a battle of minds and Morbius pushed the Doctor well passed Hartnell's ere suggesting this was the Doctor before he decided to pinch a Tardis.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 02:11 PM   #203
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
BTW: Don't forget The Brain of Morbius where the Dr Vs Morbius in a battle of minds and Morbius pushed the Doctor well passed Hartnell's ere suggesting this was the Doctor before he decided to pinch a Tardis.
No, he didn't. The other pictures were Morbius's past lives.
Old 05-17-13, 02:31 PM   #204
STEED
Lucky Jack

I say no..

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 05-17-13 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-17-13, 02:46 PM   #205
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Possibly. Back in 1984 when I saw it for the first time I just assumed they wouldn't show the Doctor's past faces and not those of Morbius, and I've seen it a dozen time since without questioning that assessment. You could be right. Opinion is divided, even among the two writers who created the story in the first place.

It will never be definitively answered.
Old 05-17-13, 02:56 PM   #206
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Morbius's mind drives the Doctor back and Morbius asks, "How far Doctor, how long have you lived?" The face becomes the Second Doctor and then the First Doctor. Other faces appear as Morbius tells the Doctor he will go back to his beginning.
I do agree to the point as it stands it sounds like the Doctor being pushed back and to this day it has never been answered. Clearly on the regeneration the script writers have made changes.

Another mystery at the start of Paul McGann's story we hear the Daleks put the Master on trial and executed him, why? As we know Dalek's don't bother with court cases they go straight to exterminate.

Old 05-17-13, 03:02 PM   #207
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I saw that as tying in with The Evil of The Daleks, the 2nd Doctor 7-parter where he and Jamie first meet Victoria Waterfield. The Daleks are trying to become deadlier by absorbing "The Human Factor". They can't get anything from Jamie so they try to take it from The Doctor. The result is playful, friendly Daleks who want to have fun with the doctor. the two Dalek species then get into a civil war. I liked the opening of the movie for that very reason - the good Daleks won and were now helping the Time Lords.

The story of the Time War really threw me for a loop.
Old 05-17-13, 03:18 PM   #208
STEED
Lucky Jack

The time war seems to be in a no ending loop and getting ever darker. It dose suggest the Time Lords are not dead but locked in this time bubble created by the Doctor, seems he feared it spreading to a no win situation for all sides, result end of everything. This raises a question, was that criminal?

The doctor in Image of the Fendahl
Quote:
Doctor, who by this time has worked out that the thing is a Fendahleen, a creature from his planet's mythology, supposedly destroyed when the Fifth Planet broke up. He makes his way into the priory and finds the skull, which tries to kill him. Leela saves him and they go off to the Fifth Planet, only to find that the Time Lords sealed the planet in a Time Loop, making all proper records invisible even to them.
I believe the Doctor called it criminal.

Old 05-17-13, 03:45 PM   #209
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
The truth is that he can regenerate for as long as the show is popular. They'll always think of something.
Didn`t he get all 12 regenerations from River when she saved him when he was poisoned in the episode "Let`s kill Hitler?"

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 04:30 PM   #210
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

I think that during the Brain of Morbius it was not establish yet that Will. Hartnell was the 1st Doctor. But both arguments can be correct and even so a third one, that the Doctor is more ancient and had 12 previous lives (Morbius doctors has one person calls it) and with the "Loombs" idea, he manage to pass some genital material and give birth to a child that will became the Doctor!
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
The person has compiled a lot of information from the TV Series, novels, books, etc! It's a fan site but at least it has a lot of info about Who Universe!

Tags
doctor who