SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-08, 02:53 PM   #2866
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt, Otto

I would like to install a sub skin for the type II. The one I like are the camo ones made by Fubar or the ones made by Graf. I noticed that they contain .dat files and so I have not installed them.

Can anyone tell me if I install these would they break anything serious in GWX 2.0? .
I tried them and they worked fine. They will not break things ; maybe they will change some things beside skin of u-boat but it works.
Aye it works but will not show anything fixed on the GWX 2 type II

Best thing to do is extract the TGA from Fubars dat and import into the GWX 2 one
Ordinarily the texture folder would work but the type II and XXI only work when packed in a dat

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 04:32 PM   #2867
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

"We advice not adding third party mods into gwx"

I readed this once... and twice

GWX dev team is always working to achive perfect realist...

Then why so dont they work together with another modders, like RacerBoy for instance? The open hatch mod, the sh4 effects for sh3, the torpedo damage effects mod, all of this brings so much more realism to the game, and yet looks like gwx dev team do have ever they can do to ignore this work and the nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders plans. And yet there they are, constantly working hard to make their mod once again compatible with the new version of gwx. Sometimes I have the feeling that this is being taken as a competition. "how to make people love my mod while i torpedo my arch-enemy's mod to the depths..."

We are all here wasting our time discussing ideas on how to make sh3 each day better, coz the undeniable fact is that we all love this game. Why shouldnt we work together?
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 04:37 PM   #2868
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen

Then why so dont they work together with another modders, like RacerBoy for instance? The open hatch mod, the sh4 effects for sh3, the torpedo damage effects mod, all of this brings so much more realism to the game, and yet looks like gwx dev team do have ever they can do to ignore this work and the nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders plans. And yet there they are, constantly working hard to make their mod once again compatible with the new version of gwx. Sometimes I have the feeling that this is being taken as a competition. "how to make people love my mod while i torpedo my arch-enemy's mod to the depths..."

We are all here wasting our time discussing ideas on how to make sh3 each day better, coz the undeniable fact is that we all love this game. Why shouldnt we work together?
Pray tell......................why for art thou baiting?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 04:43 PM   #2869
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

lay off him Jimbuna. If you have something against his post then express it. Where do you come off as saying baiting? In his mind he expressed a valid concern on his part. What has he done to you?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 04:52 PM   #2870
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Quote:

lay off him Jimbuna. If you have something against his post then express it. Where do you come off as saying baiting? In his mind he expressed a valid concern on his part. What has he done to you?
... and you lay the heck off of Jimbuna. If you have a problem with his post you need to speak with a moderator, and not worry about policing our thread.

Jimbuna handled that very politely considering Phillip_Thomsen's past mud throwing here.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:03 PM   #2871
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

... and you lay the heck off of Jimbuna. If you have a problem with his post you need to speak with a moderator, and not worry about policing our thread.

Jimbuna handled that very politely considering Phillip_Thomsen's past mud throwing here.
Mud throwing??? I said abouth a zillion times that gwx dev team done a miracle with the mod... im very very happy with all your effort and i absolutely dont play sh3 without gwx... once or twice i said something about some wrong things i found in the mod, but there were some nice people that explained to me why that was just the way it was, while in the other hand the dev team dont even gave a crap, or sometimes said i didnt know what i was talking about and told me to uninstall the mod and fuk off... very polite

And tell me, honestly... is this mud throwing? am I totally absurd with this am saying about modders working together? tell me, am I?

Leave the mod apart... gwx ROX!

what im telling is about THE PEOPLE THAT IS WORKING ON THIS MODS, AND THEIR BEHAVIOR!
Old 01-06-08, 05:06 PM   #2872
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Mud throwing??? I said abouth a zillion times that gwx dev team done a miracle with the mod... im very very happy with all your effort and i absolutely dont play sh3 without gwx... once or twice i said something about some wrong things i found in the mod, but there were some nice people that explained to me why that was just the way it was, while in the other hand the dev team dont even gave a crap, or sometimes said i didnt know what i was talking about and told me to uninstall the mod and fuk off... very polite

And tell me, honestly... is this mud throwing? am I totally absurd with this am saying about modders working together? tell me, am I?

Leave the mod apart... gwx ROX!

what im telling is about THE PEOPLE THAT IS WORKING ON THIS MODS, AND THEIR BEHAVIOR!
Here is some mud thrown by you very recently....

Quote:
and yet looks like gwx dev team do have ever they can do to ignore this work and the nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders plans. And yet there they are, constantly working hard to make their mod once again compatible with the new version of gwx. Sometimes I have the feeling that this is being taken as a competition. "how to make people love my mod while i torpedo my arch-enemy's mod to the depths..."
Would you like more examples?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:10 PM   #2873
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Quote:
gwx dev team, awesome work all around, but the damage models stinks!

(with all do respect, obviously )
Again another example from me, the first thing I read from you, sounds like mud slung inside a silk handkerchief to me, one that bursts and splatters mud anyway.
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:14 PM   #2874
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Quote:

You may have read that its not advisable to add third party mods into GWX 2 UNTIL they have been updated to work in GWX 2

So lets look at your posted list

Open hatch mod - Diving Duck
Part of the GWX team - adding the previous versions of DivingDucks open hatch mod will mess with DivingDucks new GWX 2 interiors

SH4 effects for SH3
GWX policy is not to use SH4 stuff
No doubt when RB gets round to it it will be updated
As its his mod thats up to him to do

Torpedo damage effects mod ?
Not sure on that one but if its the TGA I am thinking of its already been said thats ok to use as only a TGA

Now Philipp_Thomsen
I know you have a bee up your jacksy where GWX is concerned but engage brain before thinking
Mods that worked with GWX 1.03 WONT always work with GWX 2.0
Encouraging PPL to use mods that obviously conflict is just plain stupid

Tis up to the creators of those mods to update them
Not GWX
Hell if we did update them you would be moaning next about grabbing everyone elses mods

OLC\RB and others will update their mods when THEY see fit and have the time

Many of the GWX team\crew use other outside mods
I do
BUT ones that are compatable

bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:19 PM   #2875
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by joea
Quote:
gwx dev team, awesome work all around, but the damage models stinks!

(with all do respect, obviously )
Again another example from me, the first thing I read from you, sounds like mud slung inside a silk handkerchief to me, one that bursts and splatters mud anyway.
Well then u might explaining to me why after a heck of a research and months of hard work, the dev team released gwx, the most perfection, and with the same damage models from sh3 stock, while there was already done mods like "torpedo damage final", just simple changes in tga files, that could've been easily put together... i think that is becouse the dev team dont want to cooperate with another modders and have their assistance as well, and that is just what i posted above, cooperation...

And if you search my posts, you will see a lot of times i've been asking for simple assistance for changing some stuff and nobody replied.

Sorry if that sounds like mud throwing, but that is just not my intention... just want to figure out whatta heck is going on!
Old 01-06-08, 05:23 PM   #2876
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:

You may have read that its not advisable to add third party mods into GWX 2 UNTIL they have been updated to work in GWX 2

Part of the GWX team - adding the previous versions of DivingDucks open hatch mod will mess with DivingDucks new GWX 2 interiors

SH4 effects for SH3

Not sure on that one but if its the TGA I am thinking of its already been said thats ok to use as only a TGA

Now Philipp_Thomsen
I know you have a bee up your jacksy where GWX is concerned but engage brain before thinking

Not GWX
Hell if we did update them you would be moaning next about grabbing everyone elses mods

I do

I know all that, u missunderstood me...

What i did say is that gwx dev team could do something to help the compatibility of those mods, coz they're masterpieces, just like gwx. I dont know... maybe sharing information, or maybe helping to put all together into the mod... i've heard some complains about other modders about lack of interest from the gwx dev team, thats all im saying...
Old 01-06-08, 05:24 PM   #2877
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If you read other modders read me files you'd realize you just
showed your ignorence.
There are many modders here that receive advise and assistance from
GWX members and don't mention that fact also.
But you don't see a big whine over that ommision.
Old 01-06-08, 05:24 PM   #2878
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Well then u might explaining to me why after a heck of a research and months of hard work, the dev team released gwx, the most perfection, and with the same damage models from sh3 stock, while there was already done mods like "torpedo damage final", just simple changes in tga files, that could've been easily put together... i think that is becouse the dev team dont want to cooperate with another modders and have their assistance as well, and that is just what i posted above, cooperation...
Huh?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:28 PM   #2879
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

By what authority do you come into this GWX thread and lay such allegations at me

What precisely has my post got to do with you?

Let me give you a tip wise guy.....stop trying to look like Mr Holier Than Thou in a public forum whilst in the background your sending PM's of a threatening nature with contents such as and akin to "this is war" and "Lehmann or any of his henchmen can have trouble if they want it"

I don't take water in like a damaged pressure hull.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:36 PM   #2880
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:

SH4 effects for SH3

Now Philipp_Thomsen

Not GWX

I do

I know all that, u missunderstood me...

What i did say is that gwx dev team could do something to help the compatibility of those mods, coz they're masterpieces, just like gwx. I dont know... maybe sharing information, or maybe helping to put all together into the mod... i've heard some complains about other modders about lack of interest from the gwx dev team, thats all im saying...
Well the torpedo damage is just a TGA as stated before and doesnt need any work

Diving Duck will update his work when RL permits and has all the help he needs - not that he wants any as its his mod so he wants to work on it

And I dont misunderstand you
You said that we discourage ppl from using other mods
As posted above are the reasons
For now
When they are all updated there will be no problem

You cant win in here
Its either GWX is taking over all modding OR not taking over enough

There is also another reason no one jumps as high as you want
Some of us have spent 2 years working on GWX and are just plain tired
Add the holidays into that too and you get where we are

Plus some of us are still working on GWX 2.1