SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-15, 03:34 PM   #1
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Ok, I have uploaded a freshly compiled version which, at least on my machine, works fine. It would be great if someone else could check it, too.

@BigWalleye: I checked the script again and your observation concerning the Bismarck should not happen. I also tested it myself and it was not accepted Did you maybe use a delimiter to separate the thousands, e.g., 55,000, like in your post above? That would explain it.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 05:11 PM   #2
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Ok, I have uploaded a freshly compiled version which, at least on my machine, works fine. It would be great if someone else could check it, too.
I'll take a look.

Quote:
@BigWalleye: I checked the script again and your observation concerning the Bismarck should not happen. I also tested it myself and it was not accepted Did you maybe use a delimiter to separate the thousands, e.g., 55,000, like in your post above? That would explain it.
I don't recall doing anything like that, but I sure wouldn't swear that I didn't.

But I didn't consider it a problem. I'm not in the habit of trying to falsify my patrol results. So I would have to have thought I had a sinking when I didn't, and then SH3 Log would have had to pick that particular report to accept the results without data in the log file. That's an unlikely pile-up of circumstances.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 10:44 AM   #3
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Seems to be working now! I'll report again, when I finish my current patrol.
Old 03-02-15, 06:02 PM   #4
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Ran a test with Kaleun Forscher. Works fine, althought Norton AV doesn't like it! First test I tried, Norton just removed it! But I explained that SH3 Log was OK, so now Norton leaves it alone.

I'm 6 days out on my current patrol, so it will be a while before I have a chance to use it operationally.
Old 03-03-15, 02:56 PM   #5
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Thanks for testing, sublynx & BigWalleye!

I guess it's fine now.

Concerning Norton AV: You can do bad things with such scripts, however, everybody can check my scripts if he wants. Just open the executable with, e.g., 7-zip, and extract the script. Together with a perl tutorial it's quite easy to check what the script does.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 10:26 AM   #6
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Thanks for testing, sublynx & BigWalleye!

I guess it's fine now.

Concerning Norton AV: You can do bad things with such scripts, however, everybody can check my scripts if he wants. Just open the executable with, e.g., 7-zip, and extract the script. Together with a perl tutorial it's quite easy to check what the script does.

Regards, LGN1
Oh, I know your stuff is good! Norton just has an itchy trigger finger.
Old 03-15-15, 12:26 AM   #7
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Just got back from my patrol. Reported two ships sunk. I underreported the other one - I have two identical looking tankers with different tonnages - but again BdU had other sources of information and I got credited more than I actually reported.

I love this mod! I'll never have another career without it (well, that's how I feel now, but let's see how I'll feel when I get FAT's and LUT's hitting something I never even saw...).

I'm guessing me being happy with the added tonnage, and eventually being frustrated with some non-accepted tonnage, might resemble the feelings some of the actual U-boat commanders felt when reading BdU's commentaries on their reports

Anyways the mod works as intended now. No difference between English language used, German, 1st patrol reported, 2nd patrol, German characters like ä ö etc used, everything's working.

Do give this mod a try guys, words can't convey how much this mod changes and adds to the game!