SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-09, 03:20 AM   #1
L15-Monty
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
New to SH4, a few ?

Hi guys,

Ive been playing SH3 for a while now but after i bought a vista laptop it no longer worked even after all the help i got from here, so i bought SH4 UBM (gold edition).

Its a bit strange, not having the ability to move crew members around ( i like micro managing), but other than that its ok.

Ive tried to find some mods on here and i herd about Supermods for SH4, but cant find it or any links for it, im probably looking in the wrong places but can anybody help? Also any other mods too would be great, stock SH4 UBM is a bit dull.

Also is there a fix for the bridge watch crew having no eyes, thats a bit freaky watching a guy with NO EYE'S! who you know is supposed to be looking out for danger.

Last question i promise, is there also a fix for the klaxon when i dive?

Monty

Last edited by L15-Monty; 09-05-09 at 10:01 AM.
L15-Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 10:26 AM   #2
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

You can move the crew around. The new thing in SH4 is that you get 3 crews in one that change watch at 8 hours automatically. But you can configure them as you like.

The no eyes thing... there's a fix here in the downloads section. Search for it. It worked for me.
The klaxon thing is a simple sound file. I think it's the Data\Sound\Dive Sequence.wav file. Replace with "Through Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce and you're set

The supermods are TMO (Trigger Maru) and RFB (Real Fleet Boat) with or without RSRD (Run Silent Run Deep) for the us side and OM (Operation Monsoon) for the german side. You can find OM in the "SH4 ATO MODS" section and TMO and RFB in the "Sh4 Fleet Boats Mod Workshop". Enjoy
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 11:47 AM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thats because this is the "general" sh4 forum

you want to look into the "sh4 mods workshop" forum to find all the mods

found here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219

the "eyes" bug is usually fixed by getting the latest video drivers but if that doesnt do it there is a mod for it too but that mod will give some people the eye bug who didnt have it before so i would recommend you only use it if needed and dont include it in any mods you might do.