Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-15-12, 09:53 AM   #346
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Oof, that does look nasty! Air-to-air (AIM-9) is the last weapon system I'm struggling with; quite tough to aim the TGP for a point track on a fast moving target without a visual representation of the TGP camera-point on the HUD... there's one in A-G mode, but not A-A, least not that I can see.

Back to the training mode!
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 11:14 AM   #347
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Imho forget about the TGP. Switch to air-to-air mode (hold master-mode button) and uncage the seeker on the AIM-9 (TMS up short?). Should start circling around the boresight position and lock when it finds a target.

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 05-15-12 at 11:33 AM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 12:13 PM   #348
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Imho forget about the TGP. Switch to air-to-air mode (hold master-mode button) and uncage the seeker on the AIM-9 (TMS up short?). Should start circling around the boresight position and lock when it finds a target.
Hmm ok, might have to try that. It works in the tutorial, but I couldn't get it to work during a mission - seeker went loud but wouldn't lock.
Old 05-15-12, 12:14 PM   #349
Arclight
Navy Seal

And when it does lock it misses half of the time... wouldn't sweat too much over the AIM-9.

*maybe it was still locked in boresight? Need to uncage it. Anyway, if it growls it "locked"; seeker got something juicy. Pop it and pray.

Old 05-18-12, 02:00 PM   #350
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The Beta Versions of the A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark modules for DCS:-World are available now.

Quote:
A-10C Warthog and Black Shark 2 Beta Modules (1.1.2.1) for DCS: World

Open betas of A-10C Warthog (1.1.2.1) and Black Shark 2 (1.1.2.1) modules for DCS: World are released. Download links can be found at the bottom of the download pages, right before BitTorrent files.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...for_dcs_world/

Prior to installing the modules, you must first have DCS World installed. You may download from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en

Please note that the open beta of Black Shark 2 module is only for the standalone version. Serial numbers of the upgrade version will not work. The module of Black Shark 2 upgrade version will be released later after release of the final versions of the modules.
Nate
Nate--IRL-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 07:48 AM   #351
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Cheers Nate

Why didn't I see this post earlier?
Old 05-24-12, 10:43 AM   #352
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

A10 plugs in nicely to DCS World, still not looked at the Flanker yet as there are no in-game training sessions for it.

Only annoying thing is that the two third party campaigns for A10 (Devil's Cross & The Shore) don't seem to work. I tried the first mission of Devil's Cross last night and it crashed when I approached the combat zone. Not tried The Shore yet, but suspect the same may happen; maybe they reference a unit that's not in World or something.
Old 05-24-12, 11:07 AM   #353
Arclight
Navy Seal

Got it all installed but haven't been past the menu yet.

Do like the modular design now though, it's finally like it was intended.

Is there a Flanker in there as well or did you mean the Frogfoot?

Old 05-24-12, 11:09 AM   #354
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Got it all installed but haven't been past the menu yet.

Do like the modular design now though, it's finally like it was intended.

Is there a Flanker in there as well or did you mean the Frogfoot?
No, I meant the Frogfoot - must be having a brain freeze!

Anyone noticed any difference using the preload distance slider? I've set mine to max but since Devil's Cross crashed on me I've not had a chance to try it out.
Old 05-31-12, 04:38 PM   #355
Nate--IRL--
Loader

DCS:-Combined Arms module for DCS: A-10C Warthog and other DCS flight sim products, and some pics

Quote:
DUXFORD, UK, May 31st 2012 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will offer DCS: Combined Arms as a digital download pre-purchase for $29.99 in June 2012. Pre-purchase also provides access to pre-release Beta versions of the title.

DCS: Combined Arms gives the user control of ground forces during the battle. Use the strategic map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and designate targets for close air support aircraft, or directly control an armor vehicles or air defense weapons and engage enemy forces.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare simulation, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.

DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer gameplay. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.

Features of the DCS: Combined Arms:

• Move ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.
• Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support.
• Jump into the seat of many armor and air defense units to engage enemy air and ground forces.
• Play in both single player and multiplayer games.
• Both small and large scale battle missions included.
• Part of DCS World

Trailer:

About The Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

Nate
Old 06-01-12, 09:51 AM   #356
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Just awesome!!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...03&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
Okay, we've had the green light from TFC to let you all know the products we have planned from the IRIS team over the next 3 year development cycle.
(I hope they won't take that long to make! lol)

Contracts have been signed for the following products;

IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS World
IRIS F-22 Raptor for DCS World
IRIS F-14D Tomcat for DCS World

I will say that the F-15E is being developed with the intention of being submitted to ED as a DCS branded product (ie. DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle) and of course will be one of the longest to develop.

The F-22 will be looking at making use of the AFM for thrust vectoring and we'll be discussing this further with ED.

The F-14D is likely to be the first completed aircraft from the stable if all goes well.

We will be looking at the best way to develop these products from a business perspective over the coming weekend after a team meeting.

There MAY be another project being added to the list as a fourth product was dropped from the list at the last moment. We'll let you know when we know..

Anyway, have fun... it's nearly 1am here and I need to get away from this PC.. I'll see you all tomorrow..

Ciao folks..

Spanky.
Nate

Last edited by Nate--IRL--; 06-01-12 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-01-12, 10:09 AM   #357
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

F-14 and F-15

That's indeed awesome news

HunterICX
Old 06-01-12, 10:35 AM   #358
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
F-14 and F-15
Both of those ^ are twin seats, and do we play as Iranians in the F14? Do we have to crash on take-off?

Isn't the F15E going to be similar to the A-10C, but faster?

F22 - that game's already pushing 15 years old.

I think I'd take the Stike Eagle followed by the Tomcat, but I'm really not fussed with the news of the F22! Either way they'd have to be up to DCS standard.

I'm still wishing for a Harrier, if they insist on having a vectored-thrust aircraft. I know IRIS have done one previously! As they have a Vulcan too. That would be great valley-busting in one of them Look at me, all excited over nothing.
Old 06-03-12, 07:54 AM   #359
Nate--IRL--
Loader

A few more pics from DCS:-Combined arms were released.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89476

Nate
Old 06-07-12, 05:42 PM   #360
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Another Developer to develop for DCS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
Virtual European Air Operations is pleased to announce our development strategy for DCS.
First, a little about VEAO (yes I know, you want me to cut to the chase).

We have been around since 2005 developing models for FC1.12a and FC2, specifically the BAE Hawk and Eurofighter Typhoon.

The Hawk has been used by the Virtual Red Arrows aerobatic display team since then and has had a few updated versions through FC1 and Flaming Cliffs 2 into the incarnation that we currently use today and more recently featured on our latest video showing the 3d cockpit.

The Typhoon was developed specifically for the RAF Recruitment team for use at the Waddington International Airshow back in 2009 and 2010.

Two pilots from 3 squadron in front of the head-to-head challenge at Waddington

Since then we have been developing further for FC2, including a 3d cockpit with MFD and HUD integration. Due to a few snags and limited hard coded functionality we decided to continue with development in anticipation of the release of DCS and stop further FC2 development.

As you can imagine, the Typhoon is going to be a big challenge. Therefore we have decided to develop and release the BAE Hawk first.
Os others have said before us, we need to take baby steps. Learning how we can fully integrate into the DCS World and give you the experience you want, and deserve.

We have an excellent team that have a lot of experience making mods for FC1 and FC2 and a lot of this knowledge has already been easily transferred into DCS. But there is still much to learn, much to remodel, much to re-skin, much to get the flight model right, etc etc.

So our development plan is simple yet robust and will give the fidelity that you want and deserve.

Our first development is the BAE Hawk T.1A trainer.Why the Hawk? Well first, simply its the jet we have modelled, skinned and fully working in FC2 and has the simplest of features to get working in DCS as the cockpit is mostly analogue. It allows us to get into the inner workings of DCS and allows us to produce a high quality product without having to get too technical with MFCD functionality, advanced radar dynamics, etc.

Secondly, it's the fast jet trainer that the RAF (and other air forces) use for pilots getting into the Fast Jet Programme. This also fits in with our ACTS concept which I'll talk about a little later.

We have also discussed producing the Hawk Mk. 128 T2 variant.
The Mk. 128 includes modern LCD displays instead of conventional instrumentation, and allows preparation for flying modern fighter aircraft, particularly the all "glass" Typhoon.

And so, on to my favourite jet, the Eurofighter Typhoon. Ever since our first developments back in 2008 for the RAF Recruitment team we have loved working on this aircraft. She is complex as hell, flies like a bat out of hell and quite frankly is a match for any other aircraft in the world, even putting the Raptor to hard work in recent exercises.

This baby is going to be a beast to build into DCS and one hell of a challenge, but it's going to be great fun!!

We will start with an early tranche, most likely the Block 1 moving onto Tranche 2 and Tranche 3 with complex Air-to-Ground systems and full DCS integration.

And onto ACTS as I mentioned earlier. The Air Combat Training School was something we came up with for a proposal to the RAF back in 2010. Due to budget cuts and other factors it never took off (excuse the intended pun). The ACTS fits in line with the current RAF Fast Jet training programme utilising the Hawk and then moving onto the Typhoon. We feel that this is important in the development and learning of the two aircraft systems and capabilities and elements of ACTS will be built into the core VEAO modules.

As other development teams have mentioned, DCS is a big learning curve for all of us. However, the VEAO ethos is to always share what we have learnt to allow others to create and I have spoken briefly to other teams about knowledge sharing to allow development paths to be aligned rather than going out and all finding the same things by ourselves.

We will post regular updates and eye candy and we will listen to your comments, suggestions and wishes.

]Please also visit our forums at www.veao.eu[/COLOR] and keep an eye on Facebook updates.

I hope you are as excited at these times as we are, with all of the development work going on to give us all great products to fly in awesome simulator.

Best wishes
Chris Ellis
VEAO Founder
Nate