SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-10, 11:51 PM   #1
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default [REQ] U-Boat Tonnage Pennants

Tonnage pennants! There must be a reason that they've never been modded in before. At least not to my knowing. I'm really hoping that its a possibility. Given the fact that DarkWraith has a good Kriegsmarine ensign mod going, it seems like it could be a possibility.
It would be great if, upon return from patrol, that accurate tonnage pennants be flown. Even better, it would be great if the tonnage pennants would represent the tonnage or silhouette of the actual ships sunk during the last patrol.
Perhaps when your boat comes to within x amount of km to your home port the pennants could automatically be flown. This would indeed add a huge and fun amount of realism to every patrol.

Danke und Sieg!

vonTorpitz
vonTorpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 11:56 PM   #2
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Anvart did it for SH3, so maybe he'll have luck with SH5?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 12:46 AM   #3
thruster
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 0

yep, tho to my mind i'd be just happy with just a simple pennant per ship sunk. my suggestion is perhaps it could be linked to the number of ships thats recorded per mission in the captains log.

the flag was from the flagpole, not sure how youd get an in-game line of pennants tho? would it be possible to script it to appear on a line between a raised periscope head and the base of the wintergarden flagpole???

im unsure how detailed you could get tho, but i'd be happy for a different colour for merchants, warships and aircraft.
thruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 01:09 AM   #4
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Default re: location of pennant line

It seems youve hit the nail right on the head with this one, because after watching some actual footage of a u-boat returning to a French port (not sure which port) from patrol, I noticed that the pennants were indeed strung from the the raised periscope to the wintergarten rail. The periscope mast was used as a sort of "flag raiser" in this respect. Which is cool.
Whatever though, even an historically inaccurate "pennant jackstaff" with the correct pennants would be better than nothing at all.
vonTorpitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
medals, mods, sh5, tonnage, tonnage pennants