SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-24, 03:20 PM   #1486
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF12111994 View Post
I played since early war campaign in Asiatic Fleet and now i am stucked because after the beginning of 1943 in almost all the area around Solomons, New Guinea, Borneo and philippines (around i mean also hundreds of mile into sea, very far from coasts) it's impossible to save without getting a ctd, even if i am alone with no contact around me. It simply crash and i honestly don't know if it's only here or even the rest of the pacific.

I started also a new save on beginning of 1943 with the pacific fleet and reached the same sea-zones to see if maybe was my career that was corrupted and nope, still crash. I attached my mod list/order if someone can help me. My sub is a Tambor class. Any help or clarification is appreciated, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It looks like you have several major mods in your MODS folder. Do you empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) when you change your mod configuration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
there is an easier way to post your config: Launch JSGME, then click Tasks, then Export to Clipboard. then post here using ctrl+v.

... and another issue MAF12111994 has there KaleunMarco is that he has Steam and the game in a C:\Program Files folder... See Moving a Steam Installation and Games MAF12111994 for more info on accomplishing that. Windows will "protect" your computer from "harm", and not allow any "unauthorized" applications to alter any folder in any of the "Program Files" folders, so it is advisable to move the game. On some computers, you can copy the game folder (found under "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \config" usually) and then paste it into a folder of your choice, and avoid the issue, but there have been recent reports of more & more people not being able to do that. I installed my Steam to "C:\Games...", a folder I created myself.

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-24, 09:07 AM   #1487
Larrywb57
Ensign

Downloads: 388
Uploads: 0
Default What happen to the numbers on the dials?

Greetings Captains,

This is the sonar station on the USS Pollack, SS-180, a porpoise class boat out of Pearl Harbor at the beginning of the war. The gauges in the control room can be read. It's the sonar that can't be read. The dial works when moved. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this? Here is my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
EAX_splash_clang_TMOV2.0
Torpedoes Early_TNTV3
Radio Messages TMO Update 2.0
AAtoDeckguns+Radio
GatoLadder3
Jimimadrid SubManagement
Jimimadrid_Periscope
Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
Bigger Better Protractors
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-04-24, 09:01 PM   #1488
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Gone to Texas. No More Kleptocratic Government for me!
Downloads: 440
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Greetings Captains,

This is the sonar station on the USS Pollack, SS-180, a porpoise class boat out of Pearl Harbor at the beginning of the war. The gauges in the control room can be read. It's the sonar that can't be read. The dial works when moved. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this? Here is my mod list:

Thanks for your help.
yes, i had the same issue.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-24, 08:27 AM   #1489
Larrywb57
Ensign

Downloads: 388

Quote:
yes, i had the same issue.
Thank you for your response.

I now have CTDs after sending that quote, of torpedoes nearing a target and just before hitting, the game goes to desktop. I dumped that career in the sh4 folder under documents. Took out the Torpedos Early_TNTv3 folder, replaced it with Torpex TorpedoesV3 folder to see if I can stop the CTDs. I read about this in the form but don't recall a solution to the cause of the CTD. Do you have any advice to the problem?

Larry
Old 08-10-24, 10:58 AM   #1490
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

If I am remembering correctly, none of the mods work very well with the Mark 10 torpedo... similar to the issue with Webster's GFO mod, if you altered the torpedoes... I don't think anyone has ever figured-out was up with that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-24, 09:28 PM   #1491
dbcrutch12
Swabbie

Downloads: 37
Default Deep Torps

Hey all, I used to play TMO way back in the day and just got back into it with BHs update. That being said, I have fired 18 Mk14 torpedoes this patrol. 3 different merchies and every single one of my torps has ran way too deep. I know the issues with the Mk14s but 18/18 seems ridiculous. Is this legit or do I have some odd mod issue? I have searched the forums but haven't found anything that fits my issue other than those dang old Mk14s. On a happy note they were all merchants without ASW support so they still fell to the mighty deck gun.
dbcrutch12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-24, 08:49 AM   #1492
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Gone to Texas. No More Kleptocratic Government for me!
Downloads: 440
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
Hey all, I used to play TMO way back in the day and just got back into it with BHs update. That being said, I have fired 18 Mk14 torpedoes this patrol. 3 different merchies and every single one of my torps has ran way too deep. I know the issues with the Mk14s but 18/18 seems ridiculous. Is this legit or do I have some odd mod issue? I have searched the forums but haven't found anything that fits my issue other than those dang old Mk14s. On a happy note they were all merchants without ASW support so they still fell to the mighty deck gun.
probably not a mod issue.
you are probably experiencing the dud rate that BH defined in the Torpedoes definition file.
you may be lucky that you did not get a hit: another TMO_BH user posted, not long ago, that his torpedo hits generated CTDs. Ouch.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-24, 05:11 PM   #1493
dbcrutch12
Swabbie

Downloads: 37

Quote:
probably not a mod issue.
you are probably experiencing the dud rate that BH defined in the Torpedoes definition file.
you may be lucky that you did not get a hit: another TMO_BH user posted, not long ago, that his torpedo hits generated CTDs. Ouch.
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to try the Mk10s and see how that goes. The Mk14s work fine in the sink the cruiser training thing so I was hoping it wasn't the mod. As for the top CTDs, I had that when I first downloaded. Had to turn on the realistic sound travel time thingy and that fixed it.
dbcrutch12 is offline   Reply With Quote