SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-09, 01:49 AM   #241
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
@ Capt. Double R

http://www.filefront.com/14077185/FO...io_WMV-V9.wmv/ Makes me sea sick.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 09:58 AM   #242
Celloplayer5
Seaman

Downloads: 42
i have uploaded it and unziped it into JSGME and i have the patch for version 1.5. I got this from the last page of this thread. btw were do i find this and how do i use it?
cello
Celloplayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 04:06 AM   #243
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Hello Captains,

the next Carrier-Upgrade is under construction.
The Akagi will be a part oft it.

3 New Merchants are also a part of it.

1.) Old Fleet Oiler

2.) Wheelsteamer ( with permission from Rowi58 )

3.) Freighter worked out of the Akita

Greets

Maddy
Old 08-04-09, 08:04 AM   #244
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281

Those merchants are beautiful - really nice work! Thank you!
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 11:00 AM   #245
Celloplayer5
Seaman

will some1 plz tell me how to work this MEGA mod????
Old 08-04-09, 01:19 PM   #246
donut
The Old Man

Celloplayer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celloplayer5 View Post
i have uploaded it and unziped FOTRS for 1.5, into JSGME and i have the patch for version 1.5. I got this from the last page of this thread. btw were do i find this and how do i use it?
cello
JSGME., has a Mods folder it creates,unzip FOTARS for 1.5, there. then enable in JSGME.,the gear icon/opened,you will
see it on the inactive side,highlite,& move to active side. What is the problem ?

Last edited by donut; 08-04-09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 11:24 AM   #247
Celloplayer5
Seaman

i got the JSGME part i just cant get FOTRS to work in my game. how do i find out if its working in my game? and like i put it into JSGME and i use it or find it in my game. is there a folder that FOTRS should be in?
Old 08-07-09, 01:04 PM   #248
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default JGSME

Put your JGSME download folder in the SH4 main folder. Onen the folder and extract it. Make a copy of the icon and drag it to your desk top.

FOTRS should be in the mods folder. Extract FOTRS from the downloaded (rar?) file. Click on the FOTRS folder and drag it to the JGSME folder, and JGSME should capture it. Then activate FOTRS in JGSME and you should be set to go. Make sure you activate the 3 or 4 downloaded FOTRS files in JGSME in the recommended order. Sounds to me like you are in the midst of a learning curve, but you should get the hang of it pretty quickyly.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 01:18 PM   #249
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default very good mod

I like this mod a lot. Here are my suggestions to improve it.

1. Fewer planes. Create a mod that allows fewer plane. I deleted all planes, because aerial attacks were out of control. I had to dive every few minutes to avoid them, and I finally gave up and deleted them.

2. Ruler/Compass tool sometimes does not illuminate so it is difficult to read. I think this occurs after sunset.
Old 08-10-09, 10:54 AM   #250
Celloplayer5
Seaman

ok i think im starting to get it now but i already have JSGME in the SH4 folder in Program files so i just have to get JSGME in the SH4 folder in my documents right?
btw thanks guys for all the help
Old 08-10-09, 12:24 PM   #251
donut
The Old Man

Nooooooo !

Did you get a PM.? respond.
Old 08-10-09, 12:39 PM   #252
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default note quite right yet.

Here is what I do. It is quite easy.

Ubisoft is a program folder, and I have the SH4 program in my Ubisoft program folder. "C;\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH4." The SH4 folder is the main file folder

If your download for JGSME is in the SH4 main file folder, leave it there.

Extract the downloaded JGSME file (rar?) and you will have a JGSME program icon. Leave it in the SH4 main folder.

Leave the extracted Readme program icon extracted in the SH4 main folder as well, so it is available for reference.

Copy the JGSME program icon that you have extracted. Drag the copy of the JGSME program folder to your desktop, where you will soon drag your various mod files to activate them.

The desktop program icon is a merely a duplicate of the JGSME program icon in the main SH4 folder, but it is easier to access it when it is located on the desktop when activating mod files.

Open the JGSME program icon on the desktop. You will see two panels, one on the left and one on the right. Leave it open until you have activated your mod.

If you have closed the SH4 main file, reopen it. If it is opened, go the mod folder which should be in the SH4 main file folder as well. Open the mod folder and view your downloaded mods. If the mod you select is in an rar format, extract it. Select the extracted mod folder you wish to activate.

Drag the selected mod folder (i.e. FOTRS or Easy AoB, for example) to the JGSME program folder which you have opened on your desktop. The dragged mod folder will be activated by the JGSME program, and if dragged properly, you will see the mod's name appear on the right panel of the JGSME desktop program folder. You are in position to activate the mod. The right panel contains the list of mods you have successfully dragged to JGSME. Drag each mod you intend to activate to the desktop JGSME desktop program folder. You activate a particular mod dragged to JGSME program file on the desktop by transferring the mod's name which is listed on the right side of the JGSME panel to the left side of the JGSME panel. How do your transfer a mod's name from the right panel to the left panel? Merely by highlighting the mod's name in the right panel and clicking the transfer arrow. Some mods transfer to left panel instantly, while larger mods like FOTRS, RFB, etc. take awhile.

The mod is now activated. Do the same steps for all mods you wish to activate. Check the read me for each mod to make sure you have not missed any special instructions (i.e. in FOTRS you should activate the 4 mods in the recommended order).

Every time you open the JGSME desktop icon, you will see a list of activated mods in the left panel and a list of mods available for activation in the right panel.

I think that is as clear as I can express it. (This should be a JGSME 101 Sticky.)

The end. (That was an exhausting exercise. Send cookies, beer, and dancing girls to my crew.)

Good luck and Good Hunting.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 08-10-09 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 08:56 PM   #253
Celloplayer5
Seaman

is the Slient Hunter 4 wolves of the pacific folder the same thing as SH4 folder in the program files or do i have to make that?
Old 08-10-09, 09:36 PM   #254
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default celloplayer

"You're kiling me smalls."

Do not make a new file folder. The SH4 file is another way of describing the Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder. You may have a MODS folder in it. You will see a bunch of other files and some folders in it, including the Data folder. Give it a shot, as you are ready to use JGSME.

Where's the beer? All this work is making my crew thirsty, plus I shot up so many jap ships (three merchants and one subchaser sunk plus one on fire) I forgot to watch my fuel and ran out 535 miles from Midway and now they are very upset.
Old 08-10-09, 10:06 PM   #255
Celloplayer5
Seaman

Ok thanks alot I'll give it a shot