SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-09, 03:57 AM   #241
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notewire View Post
Can't seem to get the "crew lost or cargo type" part to show up - does this show up randomly? Old hand here, and all the parts of 3.2 are working beautifully with GWX 3 - and I love it. BUT, I just can't seem to get that darn crew lost - I want to know what kind of cargo I am sinking!!!

Any known bugs? Is there more than one 3.2? Is there a place I can check? Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Yarre Notewire.
This is answered on page 7 of the SH3 Commander User Guide.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 03:59 AM   #242
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ88 View Post
Are there any special instructions needed to get this running with the Steam version of the game?
Not that I am aware of. You may need to manually "point" your SH3Cmdr install to your Steam install though - refer to page 5 of the SH3 Commander User Guide for info on how to do this.
Old 09-19-09, 05:37 PM   #243
Notewire
Soundman

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
This is answered on page 7 of the SH3 Commander User Guide.
JS, thanks for all the help over the years, really can't thank you enough - for your hard work and Sh3 Cmdr - I have been using it for years.

I had read pg 7 before asking. I think the answer is that it is random, I suppose. I play near real time, and have only sunk 5 ships since Sh3 3.2. Version is up to date, all should be installed well. I get the name of the ship, and type in parenthesis, but no crew or cargo data. I suppose that is what (where available) implies on page 7 - that it is random? If not I may need to re-install.

Thanks again, and if you have seen this problem elsewhere, I would love to benefit from you experience.

Back to the hunt,
Yarre Notewire.
Notewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 12:52 AM   #244
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

after upgrading to the latest version, I don't see the figures for the Petty Officers and Sailors in the Crewman Details in the Crew Manager anymore (the small brown and blue man). The officer faces are shown fine, only the figures are missing Is it supposed to be like that? Any comment would be fine.

Anyway, it is not very important for this great program. Thanks for your work, JScones.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 10:44 PM   #245
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

after upgrading to the latest version, I don't see the figures for the Petty Officers and Sailors in the Crewman Details in the Crew Manager anymore (the small brown and blue man). The officer faces are shown fine, only the figures are missing Is it supposed to be like that? Any comment would be fine.

Anyway, it is not very important for this great program. Thanks for your work, JScones.

Cheers, LGN1
You never could see figures for POs and other ranks. Only face icons for officers.
Old 10-05-09, 12:55 AM   #246
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

What happend? This thread lost it sticky status!
Old 10-05-09, 12:59 AM   #247
JScones
Navy Seal

I think one of the mods accidently unstickied this thread instead of the old JSGME thread.
Old 10-05-09, 01:17 AM   #248
tnnn
Nub

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notewire View Post
I get the name of the ship, and type in parenthesis, but no crew or cargo data.

Thanks again, and if you have seen this problem elsewhere, I would love to benefit from you experience.
I've run into the same problem after I've reinstalled the game (+GWX, +SH3 Commander) - SH3Cmdr updates ship names correctly but forgets to add crew loses and cargo type. Before the reinstall, this feature worked flawlessly (I got both ship name, cargo and loses when updated profile).
tnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-09, 01:42 AM   #249
JScones
Navy Seal

You will lose the cargo and crew feature if you overwrite SH3Cmdr's "Ship names.cfg" with an older version of the file, which will be the case if you used an older set of GWX update files when you reinstalled (there's a few versions around for GWX but only the latest set for GWX3 correctly excludes "Ship names.cfg").

The easiest fix is to simply d/l SS's latest ship names update (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154383) and follow his installation instructions.

Note that even after installing this file you will NOT get crew and cargo details for ships that have already been named; only for new ships sunk.
Old 10-05-09, 02:27 AM   #250
tnnn
Nub

Downloads: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
You will lose the cargo and crew feature if you overwrite SH3Cmdr's "Ship names.cfg" with an older version of the file, which will be the case if you used an older set of GWX update files when you reinstalled
Yup, that was it

Quote:
Note that even after installing this file you will NOT get crew and cargo details for ships that have already been named; only for new ships sunk.
Or you can simply edit your logs and remove the name, (), cargo and crew + remove the names from used names file. Then, when you update, you'll get a full refresh - including old wrecks.

Thanks for help
tnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-09, 02:28 AM   #251
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnnn View Post
Or you can simply edit your logs and remove the name, (), cargo and crew + remove the names from used names file. Then, when you update, you'll get a full refresh - including old wrecks.
Old 10-05-09, 05:52 PM   #252
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnnn View Post
Yup, that was it

Thanks for help
WELCOME ABOARD!
Old 10-15-09, 08:59 PM   #253
IanC
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Love this mod! Really adds to the immersion.
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 03:01 AM   #254
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Sorry if its been asked before. But I can't seem to start a new patrol on a later date. Whatever the date was when I docked, is the date I depart my new patrol on.

I'm running GWX 3.0 with the necessary update to make SH3 commander compatable with GWX 3.0
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 03:21 AM   #255
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkirion View Post
Sorry if its been asked before. But I can't seem to start a new patrol on a later date. Whatever the date was when I docked, is the date I depart my new patrol on.

I'm running GWX 3.0 with the necessary update to make SH3 commander compatable with GWX 3.0
This worked for me exit the game then start the game again
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander