Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 04:28 PM   #1
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default P3 wth!

Target heading 185. You can see my flight path where I dropped 2 torpedoes from around 050 from the target from alt. 1500.
Look at history dots now.
Both torpedoes had RTE about 1500 yds less than range of target, which I believe was 6k.
Both torpedoes were Assigned to target which is clearly defined.
Both of them immediately start going right at target then amazingly start going 185 but not in their search pattern yet.
Third torpedo dropped from in front of target. Torpedo never turns to target, just keeps going 185.

How are you going to hit a target when the torpedoes immediately start going down the course the target is going INSTEAD OF RUNNING TO WHERE THE TARGET IS MARKED ON THE MAP, THEN STARTING ITS SEARCH PATTERN.

Next picture is 4th torpedo I dropped going 000. Target is 090 from me yet torpedo again takes off 185 and NEVER goes to where the target is!

The quick mission before this one.
I dropped 5 Captors in a CIRCLE around target, ALL Captors were within 2 nm of target.
Target going 180, 4 kts, 189 ft. Target never changed course/speed/depth
NOT one single Captor launched and at one time the target was literally right on top of a Captor.

These Captors were launched after I dropped ALL 8 torpedoes at the same target, and 7 of them did exactly as described above. ALL 7 went completely wrong way,1 ran out of gass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3Torpedoesgoingwhereverthey want.jpg (83.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg TwomoreP3Torpedoesgoingwhereverthey want.jpg (83.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-02-17 at 09:04 PM.
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 08:11 PM   #2
A-Ganger
Sparky

Lmao..P3 game earlier today.
Mk. 54 torpedo in circle pattern @ 1000 ft..
Enemy sub @ 1000 ft., 275 yds beside torpedo...
Torpedo's can't find that sub....wow

And again, shot 8 torpedo's, 6 went completely the wrong way! EVEN when shooting some of them at "specif bearings" instead of a target...goes wrong way

Captor torpedo launched..drove right beside enemy then went after an invisible contact.. must'a been a huge whale?!?!?!

FYI, I have weaponmalfunction turned off in .ini as well

Oh and funniest thing I've seen..ONe torpedo was jumping out of the water...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mk54wavediving.jpg (72.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-04-17, 02:24 AM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

You should to show screenshots of torpedo presets (before launching) because it is crucial for torpedo behaviour.

BTW, did you read RA_Weapon_Info_Rev38.pdf about AIR DROPPED TORPEDOES?

Quote:
Mk 50 Torpedo
Advanced Lightweight ASW Torpedo.

and

Mk 54 Torpedo
Advanced Lightweight Torpedo. (ASW/ASuW)

TORPEDO CONTROL:

Modes For SEARCH PATTERN - SNAKE.

" Left Side - Narrow SNAKE "
FLOOR: 01000 (By default)
SEARCH PATTERN: SNAKE
Key figure 0:
It will set to a torpedo such features - after sensor enabled the initial turn of a torpedo in the left sector. The amplitude of the snake narrow - a torpedo carries out a deviation on 30 degrees from preenable course. We admit a torpedo have started in 000 degrees, the ambassador of a beginning of performance of the snake the torpedo begins the left turn. When she will rise on a rate 330 - ( a deviation from the given preenable crs in 000 degrees - happened as 30 degrees) - the return turn in the right side begins. On a right shoulder, as soon as the rate of a torpedo will be 30 degrees - the return process - turn of a torpedo in the left side again on a rate 330 degrees etc.etc … to put it briefly snake cycle begins.

" Right Side - Narrow SNAKE "
FLOOR: 11000
Key figure 1.
As well as in the previous mode - the initial turn is carried out in the right sector.

" Left Side - WIDE SNAKE "
FLOOR: 21000
Key figure 2.
As well as in the First mode - the initial turn is carried out in the Left sector, with that difference, that the snake has increased snake amplitude - 45 degrees, as a consequence, a little wider range of viewing in lateral sectors.

" RIGHT Side - WIDE SNAKE "
FLOOR: 31000
Key figure 3.
Analogue of a Previous mode with only turn in the right sector.

Modes for SEARCH PATTERN - CIRCLE.

" Left Side - Narrow CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 01000
SEARCH PATTERN: CIRCLE
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the left side on small radius begins.

" Right Side - Narrow CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 11000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the right side on small radius begins.

" Left Side - WIDE CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 21000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the Left side on large radius begins
Diameter of a ring about 1.2 miles. (For different torpedoes on any other diameter range - depends on value of minimal radius given to a torpedo in DataBase, and own speed.)

" Right Side - WIDE CIRCLE "
FLOOR: 31000
After enabled sensor control, the turn of a torpedo in the Right on large radius begins.

Additional Mode: DIRECT MOVE
Key figures: 32555

" DIRECT MOVE "
FLOOR: 32555
SEARCH PATTERN: ANY - CIRCLE Or SNAKE
After enabled, sensor control, the torpedo goes directly in preenable course. Any maneuver does not make, the sensor control scans ahead of a torpedo.

Note: O.H. Perry (the default preset FLOOR as 32766 will establish to a torpedo 3935ft - the maximal depth Mk 50 torpedo)
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 03:10 AM   #4
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

I've made test for MK54:

PRESETS:

ACTION:

RESULT:

For me, everything works correct!
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 07:09 PM   #5
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

p7p8,

Great analysis and shots explaining in detail how all that worked. It also gave better understanding of the content of the RA manual addendum. Must admit that pictures are worth more than thousand words... or so they say. I wish the manual was furnished with more game shots showing how all this work.Thanks.

And thanks to A-Ganger for his diligent work and interest in RA-DW and trying to uncover bugs. Only methodical game testing like this can assure that things are solid or they are not...
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 02:51 PM   #6
A-Ganger
Sparky

Until you pointed it out, I NEVER noticed that mode/floor selection was for anything but for setting the floor of the torpedo!

It would have been helpful if the design of the torpedo section DID NOT have the mode and floor combined into 1 single cell.
Even in your picture, it almost looks like there is a . period after your 2 lol

At least it would separate the 2 different sections into 1 split section i.e.
2.1000 (mode/feet). I would have noticed that..

Thank you for explaining..testing out right now

Update:
Just looked at the RA wpn info..I know why I never saw your information.
It is all listed under the Mk. 50.
Under the Mk.54 section, there is only this little note; Torpedo Control: Similar Mk-50 Air Dropped Torpedo

Why I never noticed it..lol

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-05-17 at 03:07 PM.