Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-20-07, 03:49 AM   #16
Maat
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Hi pugwash1,

this game don't support shaders from ati cards!!
To run your game please download the ati tray tool.
Run this tool and set the shaders to 2.0 in the tools setup.
So now it should run propper

I bet that's the problem becouse i had the same problem with this game......

regards

Maat
Maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 04:23 AM   #17
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
The only trouble with that explanation is that it doesn't tally with my experience of the game actually running ona laptop that doesn't support shader 2.0.
What does it support officially and who is the manufacturer ?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 04:28 AM   #18
Maat
Watch

Downloads: 25

http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

You can tweak your ati card. Overclocking and a huge more options

It's a strong tool:p
Maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 09:45 AM   #19
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Right this is where it gets confusing, the computer I'm talking about is my Hewlett Packard DV2000 laptop, which has an Intel GMA 950 for graphics. Now, if you look up the specs for this, it claims to support Pixel Shader 2.0, however, I've had plenty of stuff fail to run on it because it reports that it does not support Shader 2.0. Silent Hunter 4 and Armed Assault being two examples of this. However, despite that, it does run DSzZ (aka SOF), so one has to assume that it is running it despite the thing not supporting Shader 2.0 (even though the spec sheet claims that it does, and I don't care what the spec sheet claims - when it won't fire up SH4 or ARMA and says that's because the graphics don't support shader 2.0 in a little pop up box, then that's what I'm going to go off, not the spec sheet).

The laptop in question: http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/rev...main18358.html

The graphics in it: http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm

Chock
Old 11-20-07, 10:34 AM   #20
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
Quote:
Right this is where it gets confusing, the computer I'm talking about is my Hewlett Packard DV2000 laptop, which has an Intel GMA 950 for graphics. Now, if you look up the specs for this, it claims to support Pixel Shader 2.0, however, I've had plenty of stuff fail to run on it because it reports that it does not support Shader 2.0. Silent Hunter 4 and Armed Assault being two examples of this. However, despite that, it does run DSzZ (aka SOF), so one has to assume that it is running it despite the thing not supporting Shader 2.0 (even though the spec sheet claims that it does, and I don't care what the spec sheet claims - when it won't fire up SH4 or ARMA and says that's because the graphics don't support shader 2.0 in a little pop up box, then that's what I'm going to go off, not the spec sheet).
Well, what can also be is simple that your hardware actually support shader 2.0 but only to a certain degree. Enough for SOF but not enough for ArmA and SH4. I think the same was with the ATI 1x00 serie. If I understood it right they supported shader 2.0 but certain things were broken and were never fixed in this serie. Therefore do not qualify to clime that it supports shader 2.0. Same could be true with the chip you have on your laptop.

Ahh, intel chips! That says it all

Maybe not the prime choice for games.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 05:26 PM   #21
pugwash1
Watch

YAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Thanks one and all. especialy DCB for pointing out that I should spend more of my time on the boards reading ALL the posts, If I had I would have seen his fix!! and also to MAAT for giving the link to the ATI trays tweek. It works a treat, now I can find out if the game realy is lame !!
I realy apreciate the effort everyone put forth. I have never used a forum before, I tend to be upto my eye balls in work most of the time so do not have tome to surf through the postings, if I did spend more time at it I would have saved everyone some time by finding the answer myself. Again thanks for the help.When I first started this computer stuff the equipment did not even have hard drives and cost as much as a small car!
I hope you all have a great thanksgiving. and thanks again.... I now sail forth under the waves to sink some unexpecting Brits..... wait a min, I am British...Oh what the heck I will sink em anyway, I am a pirate after all.
Old 11-20-07, 05:48 PM   #22
Chock
Sea Lord

Glad you got it sorted Pugwash, just remember to submerge early, they spot you from a long way off!

Chock
Old 11-24-07, 11:22 PM   #23
pugwash1
Watch

Well after all that you were right, the game to me is lame as a two legged donkey, it looks un-finished, I do like the look though it reminds me of an old comic book, almost a Jules Verne atmosphere, I await the patches and mods, thank goodness for the modders of this world, SH3 and 4 are great programs and the work done by the modders is so awsome and professionaly done, I am constantly blown away. If there are any of you out there then THANK YOU.