Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-06, 10:39 PM   #16
Rcsubs
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SH,SHC,SHII, and SHIII

Hello Group,

After reading this thread I decided to look through all my subsim games to see what I have in the way of SH games, I discovered that I have all 4 of the SH games. Now the question is what mods are offered for each game version and what kind of modifications can I make. I need to locate all of the updates then download in to folders for each game version, plus get the versions SH and SHC to run in dos on winxp.

Can any part of SH or SHC be used in the SHII version? If the ship models and other files of these two versions can be placed in the SHII version, then the problem of getting the SH & SHC versions to run in winxp would be fixed, the files would just be running in SHII version.......................

I have been able to do a little bit of editing to some of the files in SHII/PA mod version and now the gato version runs at 20 knots on the surface and 10 knots submerged at flank speeds. I have also been able to cut down the load time on the torpedos to the 10-15 minutes load time that it took to reload on fleet subs during WWII. After viewing the work don on PA I started wondering about putting files from SH and SHC into the SHII file folders. Is this a do able ideal??

Thank you for you time and help,
Darrell
Rcsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 07:37 AM   #17
Dimalio
Swabbie

Will it work for CAOTD
Dimalio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 10:36 AM   #18
oabaz
Bilge Rat

Default Help Me Please:)

HI ALL
I am trying to install Aces of the deep on xp but am haveing no luck can anyone help me please...

bazflameblade@hotmail.co.uk msn me or email me if you may have some light on this matter

i have dosBox but dont know what im doing

please help me if you can

many thanks Baz
oabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-07, 10:47 PM   #19
Keln
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default er

I used to have this game a long long time ago, I had all the Aces games. Then I lost them somwhere. Well I bought them all again some years back and never was able to get them running on ME or XP

So I saw the dosbox thing earlier today and decided to try that on AOD. That D-Fend thing is nowhere to be found. I downloaded one called dbfrontend, but it's confusing. So I kind of manually made dosbox work, and I can get the game running, but no sound, and I cannot get the screen bigger than about half-screen size. I can get the dosbox window to go full screen and all, but it's just a big black area with a little game inside, and no sound. I run the sound settings deal inside dosbox, and I can hear the sounds from the sound test, but nothing in the game itself.

I could probably get used to the screen size after a while, but the squinting may give me a headache. The sound though is really annoying...absolute silence. While it was always pretty quiet on the sub I was on, it was never that quiet...

Any ideas?
Keln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 11:08 AM   #20
CptGrayWolf
Commander

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keln
I used to have this game a long long time ago, I had all the Aces games. Then I lost them somwhere. Well I bought them all again some years back and never was able to get them running on ME or XP

So I saw the dosbox thing earlier today and decided to try that on AOD. That D-Fend thing is nowhere to be found. I downloaded one called dbfrontend, but it's confusing. So I kind of manually made dosbox work, and I can get the game running, but no sound, and I cannot get the screen bigger than about half-screen size. I can get the dosbox window to go full screen and all, but it's just a big black area with a little game inside, and no sound. I run the sound settings deal inside dosbox, and I can hear the sounds from the sound test, but nothing in the game itself.

I could probably get used to the screen size after a while, but the squinting may give me a headache. The sound though is really annoying...absolute silence. While it was always pretty quiet on the sub I was on, it was never that quiet...

Any ideas?
Use the D.O.G. frontend. http://www.freewebs.com/erikgg/

Thomas Voltz, U-93 VIIc, Aug 1940, at sea patrol 1
GWX3 Gold, 100%
CptGrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 08:54 AM   #21
Keln
Nub

Downloads: 6

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Love the signature...