Closed Thread

Old 02-14-17, 09:51 PM   #1801
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
As long as he has his phone with him, I don't see a problem.
I see what you did there.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-14-17, 10:47 PM   #1802
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Someone in Germany Some great administrators create a chaotic environment because that is how they feel comfortable.
Someone in Germany had a fantastically chaotic environment, he had each of his departments working against each other, trying to backstab the other guy in order to climb above him, making up little white lies in order to impress the boss, and disgrace their competitor.

It...didn't work out so well.
Old 02-14-17, 11:18 PM   #1803
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Someone in Germany had a fantastically chaotic environment, he had each of his departments working against each other, trying to backstab the other guy in order to climb above him, making up little white lies in order to impress the boss, and disgrace their competitor.

It...didn't work out so well.
You've been leaning quite heavily on Godwin these days Oberon.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 02-14-17, 11:33 PM   #1804
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Smart money is watching the White House situation closer than we are. So far they are making money.

What is a Smart Money Investor?
Quote:
You may have heard the terminology smart money thrown around from time to time. Do you know what it means? Well let me assure you that in the context of investing, it has nothing to do with how knowledgeable, bright or intelligent you are.

dumb or smart money investor Smart money refers to money that is invested by financial professionals. These would be people on the inside of the industry whose profession it is to investigate, learn about and track the trends of stocks and the market in general.

They pour over company financial statements. They calculate PE ratios. They analyze the labor markets and scrutinize government policy. These people immerse themselves everyday with endeavors like these in an effort to anticipate the future direction of stocks.

So when the headline reads the smart money is getting out of the bull market what it’s really saying is that the analysis of these financial professionals has led them to conclude there is risk of a major market correction. Not wanting their clients to lose any money, they advise them to sell stock investments. When the market corrects (goes down) they can buy back in at a lower price point.

In that regard the smart money is routinely moving money in and out of the stock market in order to achieve the highest possible return. It’s very focused on what the market is doing on a day-by-day, week-by-week and month-by-month basis.
http://luke1428.com/this-is-the-diff...oney-investor/
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-15-17, 12:42 AM   #1805
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I know, I know, and probably over-using it in some cases, but in this instance it was the main governmental example that came to mind which had such a chaotic inner structure which ultimately did it more harm than good. I mean, if there's a non-Godwin example which fits the point I'm trying to make then I'm fully open to it. I'm not calling them Nazis in this instance (I'm sure that'll come later, it's not past breakfast yet ) but saying that having a chaotic administration environment is not always a good idea, sure from time to time having a little shake-up here and there probably does help, but having chaos from the start and now into the third week...not good, it's not going to create an atmosphere of co-ordination and co-operation, but one of distrust and aggravation, of 'alternate facts', and that's not a thing you want in the highest office of the land.
Old 02-15-17, 01:46 AM   #1806
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
True, but what about questions of transparency? I mean, look at the wikileaks emails scandal, many would argue that it was a good thing that we had that look into the framework of a potential presidential candidate, even though it was incredibly damaging to the Clinton campaign, and therefore in a flipside, it must be good that we have a look into the framework of the president of the United States even if it is damaging to him.
It is that whole fighting the establishment thing in the narrative. In that narrative you could see an example of an equivalent event - with Iranians.

In my opinion a better comparison would be older wikileaks stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Poor Trump. Clearly the most maligned president in our history. I am sure he will build a safe area in the white house.

The media really needs to have trigger warnings for Trump.
Maybe , maybe Trump would need to issue trigger warnings for the media. In any case it would be most amusing to observe.
Old 02-15-17, 02:01 AM   #1807
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Amusing strip
(warning, strong language at the bottom)

Old 02-15-17, 03:27 AM   #1808
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...gn-oust-flynn/
More to the narrative. Note how it focuses on the Iran deal.
http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-t...ssian-embassy/
And yet more to the narrative.

Last edited by ikalugin; 02-15-17 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-15-17, 03:36 AM   #1809
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Only very indirectly (ahem)

My take is that the D's inspiration comes from Henry VIIIth.
Not that he forbid football yet.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-15-17, 06:58 AM   #1810
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Someone in Germany has bought the Democrats' caricature of Donald Trump as comic book villian and fool. Someone in Germany is about to learn a lesson. Some great administrators create a chaotic environment because that is how they feel comfortable. Hospital emergency rooms are such places. The right personality type is very effective there. It is not proper to accuse them of lunacy. Someone with orderly thought processes and a high regard for procedure would die there. Brilliance comes in many different flavors. It is not German to think in that way, but it is correct.

Watch what people accomplish. Don't watch their style for clues on their effectiveness. Particularly, don't underestimate someone whose management style differs from that you are familiar with. Trump has been underestimated and impugned at every step. He has been victorious at every step.

Sometime or other, those who do not understand him should stop, watch and perhaps learn.

I'm reminded of an American racecar driver who enrolled in a German driving school for a certain track in Germany. The German instructors lead eveyone around the track on foot pointing out zis is vere you brake, turn in here, apex of the turn is here.....etc for every turn on the track. The American, of course, ignored all of the jabbering but read the track for himself. When they went out to actually run the track, the American was a full second faster than all the other students. And the German instructor was lecturing him on how he didn't know how to run the track because his brake points, turn in points and apexes weren't according to his expert instruction. Never occurred to the instructor to stop, watch and learn.
You really lost it there, mate.
Old 02-15-17, 07:21 AM   #1811
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The Trump/Kremlin connection was news long before Trump entered the White House and, as further investigations unfold, the number of non-salacious allegations contained in the now infamous UK spy's dossier, and now beginning to flesh out, appear to be growing and further corroborated. In the 2016 US Presidential elections thread, on Jul 28 2016, I posted links to two articles detailing Trump/Kremlin ties:

Trump’s claim that ‘I have nothing to do with Russia’ (27 Jul 2016) --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...o-with-russia/

Inside Trump’s financial ties to Russia and his unusual flattery of Vladimir Putin (17 Jun 2016) --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html

One aspect of the FBI investigations into the dossier is rather interesting: the FBI has been in contact with the sources cited by the dossier's compiler. If the FBI establishes the veracity of the allegation with source data, the implications for the Trump White House could be very serious, indeed...

Even without the allegations in the dossier, the connections between Trump, his business associates, his campaign and White house advisors, and others in his circle with counterparts in Russia are wide and concerning. This was baggage he carried into the White House and for which he must account; the idea of a US President either being beholden to a foreign government or trying to personally profit from the use of his office is something that should be intolerable to US citizens and their representatives.

Two more recent links:

The timeline of Trump's ties with Russia lines up with allegations of conspiracy and misconduct (11 Feb 2017) --

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...dossier-2017-2

Intelligence officials: Trump aides spoke with Russian officials during campaign (15 Feb 2017) --

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/...2081487151391/

I agree with those who suggest the anger of Trump and his minions regarding the breaking news of the allegations is more due to being caught pants down than any rage of innocence; their reactions remind me of how when police departments set up stings to stop drivers operating unsafely, you usually see the ticketed driver huffing and puffing in rage and demanding why the police aren't going after 'real criminals'; the drivers can't deny or defend their transgressions nor the dangers their actions pose, so they try to deflect and distract and defame the police who were, after all, only doing their sworn duty...

<O>
Old 02-15-17, 07:31 AM   #1812
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
the number of non-salacious allegations contained in the now infamous UK spy's dossier
You do realise that this "dossier" was, ehem, made up slander?
Old 02-15-17, 07:38 AM   #1813
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Amusing strip ...

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-15-17, 07:43 AM   #1814
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Poor Trump. Clearly the most maligned president in our history. I am sure he will build a safe area in the white house.

The media really needs to have trigger warnings for Trump.
No, Trump is nowhere near the most maligned president in history. Abraham Lincoln was, by a country mile. The things that were told against Lincoln made everyone's treatment of Trump look polite.

There's a lesson there too.
Old 02-15-17, 07:52 AM   #1815
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You really lost it there, mate.
And if you ever want to see chaos, spend a little time in a hospital emergency room, a police dispatching area, a hurricane disaster site, a battle during war. People of Trump's management style thrive there. People of orderly and polite management styles cry and quit.

Look at the results. Do not judge people based on what others say, or whether they are different from you. That is what conservatives are falsely characterized to do.

Also, those of you who smell blood in the water better look closely at Flynn's career. He's a multiple times Obama appoinee and was Obama's man when the alleged impropriety took place. The trail leads to Obama, not Trump.

And Oberon, you're smart enough to know this because your "analogy" was purposeful distortion and distraction, but for the benefit of others, there is a very large difference between saying an effective person has a chaotic management style and saying that every person with a chaotic management style is effective, even your hero.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter