SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-14, 02:55 AM   #1
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
SHO Shortcut button for Conning Tower mod - Need a little advice!

Greetings.

Long time since I've left U-50 to rust in Kiel harbor, and set my foot on solid ground, but yet I returned, after one and a half year, and finished two patrols since. (can't wait to test FM's new Interiors 2.1, left off with 1.0)

To the topic:
-------------
I've been experimenting with Commands_en.cfg in the old times, to find the correct way, to make a button shortcut for the Conning Tower. Failed to succeed, as somehow I couldn't link any area to a new key, or at least nothing happened via testing.

Reasons for a mod like this?

Well, as a Kaleun, you -should- direct your attacks from the conning tower.
Easy, all controls there, and if you want to feel a tad of realism, its nice to swiftly turn the dials, feed the TDC on the wall, flick up torpedo opening switches, etc.

I tried to link the Conning Tower scenario to the return value of the attack scope, so as soon as you press exit from the scope, you end up there. Well, no success. And I also realised in the meantime, that its maybe more easy, and practical, to link the Conning Tower to a fix button... Then anyone who wants to do things manually, can switch to it anytime.

My question is, that can anyone of you help me, how to link the Conning Tower to a button? If I succeed, I try to make a nice, at least GWX and FM interiors XD compatible mod out of it.

I know its possible somehow, as Flakmonkey created a new area with the diesel engines, and thats also linked to a button.

Thanks for your time and godspeed!

P.S.: I have my "stock VIIb textures mod" that turns your gwx or other VIIb skin back to the good old rusty one, which I really prefer, feel it more realistic. If anyone like the idea, I can upload it.

edit:

Hold on, I think I have a clue... Out to test it. Can't be this simple...

edit2:

In the meantime: what are you think about a shift+f1 combo?
As far as I see, it isnt used in FM Newinterior 2.0, so... shift+f1 for Conning tower? Hm? What do you think about the idea?

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 08-19-14 at 03:32 AM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 03:56 AM   #2
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
Default Ha!

Edited: Storno, written to admin to delete the Thread, its obsolete. Complete spam, as I found out the things in question. Preparing a mod now.

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 08-19-14 at 11:22 AM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote