Closed Thread

Old 07-13-17, 08:58 AM   #6916
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Tell that Germany. German exports to the UK in 2016 surpassed 86B Euros, with the UK exporting to Germany worth 36B Euros. Thats a factor of roughly 2.5. In totals, Germany has more at stake in having no deal here or getting hit by a regime of mutual economic sanctions between the UK and the EU, than the UK has to loose in totals. Germany is Britain's most important export destination, and Britain is Germany's third biggest export destination (after the US and France). 12% of German EU exports went to the UK. If listing it by foreign trade saldi, the UK even is Germany's biggest partner. As importer to Germany, the UK ranks on 11th place for Germany. In total turenouts, the UK ranks 5th place in Germany's trade statistics.

https://www.destatis.de/DE/ZahlenFak...l#tab175736No2
https://www.destatis.de/DE/ZahlenFak...ublicationFile

Any fail to achieve a mutual agreement will most likely do more damage to Germany, than to Britain. I make no prediction on whether Euronanny Merkel will agree to let her German peasants pay that price, or not. She will chose a decision purely opportunistically, as always, only this is certain. And the Germans will obey. They are very good in that.

Add to that the compensations for membership fees Britain will no more pay once Brexit indeed has turned into an exit.Who do you think is expected to pay most of that? And France's Macroman has blocked regulations and the implementation of EU rules to control banks even tighter, in a bid to convince Banks leavin Lonmdo9n not to go to Frankfurt, but Paris, he also pushes agressively for the collectivisation of debts in th eeurozone, and wants that EU members not havign the Euro nevertheless must sooner or later participate in that debt relief. Net profiteer of all this: France.

So much for the announced honeymoon of the French-German axis.

Total losses for Germany could be higher than British losses, if no deal gets agreed on. However. Germany can digest higher losses probably more easily than the UK can digest even smaller losses. But that is valid for the Germany of the present only. In three years already, this could look completely different already. Wehat goes up, must come down, and Germany flies incredibly high alreeady since incredible eight years already - maintianing that high cruise at the cost of low wages and accumulating plenty of social dynamite.

When we go Baddaboom! , you all will take note of it even if you have been in deep sleep, promised.
Spoken/written like a true Englishman (most of it anyway)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-13-17, 09:00 AM   #6917
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May has revealed she shed a "little tear" when she learned the result of the election exit poll suggesting she would lose her majority.
The prime minister said her husband Philip told her the news - and it came as a "complete shock".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40592808

On that I have absolutely no doubt

Old 07-13-17, 11:06 AM   #6918
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Only shed a few tears you say, from what I heard about that night If anybody else was in that room with her they would've needed a bleeding canoe.
Old 07-14-17, 08:35 AM   #6919
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Outgoing Lib Dem leader Tim Farron has revealed he decided to quit several weeks before the general election but did not announce his decision publicly.
Mr Farron said he had put the decision "to bed" about two weeks into the campaign, and denied deceiving voters by continuing to fight the election.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40598913

Little more than a lying, hypocritical fraudster imo.

Old 07-15-17, 07:50 AM   #6920
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40592808

On that I have absolutely no doubt
More like she threw a major fit and demanded blood.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-15-17, 07:52 AM   #6921
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40598913

Little more than a lying, hypocritical fraudster imo.
Never liked him he is so full of himself busy showing off. As for his PMQ's the bets were if wee tim was in the house as most of the time he was never there.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-15-17, 08:22 AM   #6922
STEED
Lucky Jack

Teflon Tony is back..Again.

Quote:
Some EU leaders may be prepared to compromise on the free movement of people to help Britain stay in the single market, Tony Blair has said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40615119

Go Away.

Paging Mr Blair can you give a 30 minute talk for £1Million?

Old 07-15-17, 09:23 AM   #6923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Was wondering how long it would be before Phony Tony made his appearance.

Must be the smell of cash in the air somewhere.

Old 07-15-17, 03:30 PM   #6924
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Spoken/written like a true Englishman (most of it anyway)
Question is if that is a compliment

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-16-17, 08:01 AM   #6925
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Question is if that is a compliment
Now that is totally dependent on which side of the coin you bet on

Old 07-16-17, 08:06 AM   #6926
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Time for a little backtracking me thinks.

Quote:
Chancellor Philip Hammond hits back over public pay leaks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40623343

Old 07-16-17, 11:13 AM   #6927
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon8

Quote:
Tony Blair: I think Corbyn could be PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40624245

Old 07-17-17, 07:47 AM   #6928
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Ministers will be told by Theresa May they should be keeping cabinet discussions private, Number 10 says.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40631522

Yea as if, they can't keep their gobs shut.

Old 07-17-17, 11:32 AM   #6929
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

When I said months ago I support and wish the best for the British Brexit and the UK, I was basing on the assumption that the British side would act with determination, swiftness and, most importantly, competence. What I had to take note of instead in the months between the referendum and the present, is a calamity of self-deconstruction, reality denial, and anything but determination. Its a disaster, and I think the Brexit will become a soft/non-Brexit and the path from today to then will be a self-tormenting road of pains and mockery. I would not have believed that the British government could run it so ill-prepared, reality-denying and incompetent, like it does. Naive, and incompetently.

This is the worst way it could have gone so far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...?utm_hp_ref=uk

I still have strong sympathy for the idea of Brexit, and wish the UK the best, but I expect the worst now. There are not many encouraging reasons left. Or are there any left at all?

Maybe it is wanted, to torpedo the Brexit vote this way while avoiding criticism of the kind of "You ignored the referendum!" ...?"

Or maybe I just have no clue of the internal rules and ways of British politics. As a foreign observer I nevertheless must say: what I have seen from the UK since the referendum, does not make sense. None at all. I start to think that those wanting to have the referendum getting ignored, will get their way. The question being negotiated now is how to make that non-Brexit happening without getting called out for it.

It was always clear that the EU would not forgive that narcissistic wound cut by the British people. They took their right for freedom, and that is not what a feudal aristocracy forgives. It was clear that the EU would therefore want to create a deterring precedence so that no other EU peasantse ever would dare - would even be capable to imagine - to reject the EU again. Thus it also was clear - at least to me - that Brexit would need to include the will to be determined and to accept inital disadvantages while needing to reorientate/restructure the economy so that Britain could survive economically, as a nation, in a post-EU time, and to sustain the determination to strictly and unwaveringly reject the EU market access. I expected determination. What I see instead so far, is an ungoing process of self-dissolving, and a creeping erosion of the meaning and substance of what "Brexit" necessarily must mean.

If you seek rumble with the Kraken, be prepared to deal with more than just one pair of hostile hands. It becomes more and more obvious that the UK is unbelievably ill-prepared - and still denies realities.

Things run the worst way they could run for the UK so far. No betterment in sight. Blind chicken running around in Downing Street 10. Disasterous. Dear Brits, if this is you idea of how to manage Brexit, you better surrender yesterday.
Old 07-17-17, 11:54 AM   #6930
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Don't worry about us Brits Skybird as we've got "Strong and Stable" Theresa May in charge of Brexit, someone pass me the sick bag.

Tags
british, politics