Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-12, 01:21 PM   #1
Hector McLean
Bosun

Downloads: 803
Uploads: 0
Default Real Navigation

Herr Kaptain

How many of you playing SH5 prefer to go the route of useing Real Navigation and on starting to use it found it to be so so even if your Knowledge at the start was limited but found it less stressful useing the Auto section within the game. I know it is more entertaining doing Real Nav that is why I am asking you good players.

If you did not get on was it a case of just removeing the MOD or was it a case of reinstalling all your mods once more ??

After watching the trainning vidio's the matter of Enemy ships I know you have a blank screen apart from your plots etc also you use the on-board Navigator I just cannot see how you pick up enemy ships as they donot appear on screen as if you were running normal game ? In one Vidio with Storium he arrived at his destination looked out of his Perscope and Bang a whole fleet of Merchants now that was not luck.
There must be some where of informing you of enemy.
Hector McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 01:53 PM   #2
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

You need to learn the 4 bearings

You can do this in game with my tutorials (see my sig)
Old 06-11-12, 03:42 PM   #3
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Plotting contacts is all a matter of references. Where you physically are on the map is not important, where you physically are when you start to plot is important. Placing a mark on the map at the time you take a stadimeter reading will help you plot contacts. Pick a place, it doesn't matter, place an X. Take a stadimeter reading. Note the bearing to contact. Draw a line through your X heading in your sub's current course. From that X and using the line through that X as a reference draw an angle that is the contact's bearing. Measure out on that bearing line to the stadimeter distance you found. You now have a general idea of where the contact is in relation to you. Keep track of time between contact map updates so you know how far you travelled so you know where to place your next X on your course line from the last X. Keep repeating process till you have a firing solution
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 04:23 PM   #4
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

What do you mean by blank screen ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote