SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-08, 07:01 PM   #496
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
I like the water streams alot and I find existing deck gunnary with 15secs reload time fine for my needs. I always let the crew fire it anyway so i'm happy to carry on using the Water Streams.

But thanks for the new release all the same.
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about camera stabilisation, and I'm not talking about reload times; I'm talking about the stabilisation of the gun when manned by the crew. Your hit percentage (using the crew to fire the gun) will be a lot higher with the water stream mod enabled. I'm certainly not saying don't use it, I'm just clarifying my previous answer.
Old 05-05-08, 07:24 PM   #497
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
I like the water streams alot and I find existing deck gunnary with 15secs reload time fine for my needs. I always let the crew fire it anyway so i'm happy to carry on using the Water Streams.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about camera stabilisation, and I'm not talking about reload times; I'm talking about the stabilisation of the gun when manned by the crew. Your hit percentage (using the crew to fire the gun) will be a lot higher with the water stream mod enabled. I'm certainly not saying don't use it, I'm just clarifying my previous answer.
LOL! You haven't shipped out with my crew. They never seem to be able to hit the broadside of a barn if they were in it.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 07:55 PM   #498
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! You haven't shipped out with my crew. They never seem to be able to hit the broadside of a barn if they were in it.
Hmm :hmm:
I've not tested with all of the U-boats; I suppose it's likely that some of them will be more affected by the water stream mod than others, since Rubini's changes were not the same for all U-boats, and its even possible that some of the U-boats could be made less accurate by the water stream mod. I'm in a Type IXB right now, and the water stream mod improves accuracy for me. What's your boat?
Old 05-05-08, 08:43 PM   #499
Kravixon
Swabbie

Downloads: 56

The latest version, 2.0.3 seems not to be backwards compatible for me. I just installed it from 2.0.1 along with GUI version 1.2.3 and I get a CTD after "not so long ago". I am continuing my testing now and will edit back any new findings.

I think most or near half at least of people are using 1.2.3 GUI for the magnification on the attack periscope. There seems to be no really good way to get data without it.
Kravixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 08:52 PM   #500
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravixon
The latest version, 2.0.3 seems not to be backwards compatible for me. I just installed it from 2.0.1 along with GUI version 1.2.3 and I get a CTD after "not so long ago". I am continuing my testing now and will edit back any new findings.
Did you try to enable it mid patrol?
Old 05-05-08, 08:56 PM   #501
Kravixon
Swabbie

I did, as with all other recent versions. This is the first one I'm having a problem with.

I guess I'll have to go back to 2.0.1.
Old 05-05-08, 08:59 PM   #502
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
I did, as with all other recent versions. This is the first one I'm having a problem with.

I guess I'll have to go back to 2.0.1.
Just because the other versions didn't cause CTDs when you enabled them mid-patrol, that doesn't mean that enabling them mid-patrol was a good idea. :p

2.0.1 (or whatever you were using when you saved) until the end of your patrol, then you will be able to upgrade safely.
Old 05-05-08, 09:01 PM   #503
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

As for this bit:

Quote:
I think most or near half at least of people are using 1.2.3 GUI for the magnification on the attack periscope.
Uhuh... not that I'm disagreeing with you necessarily, but precisely where did you get those statistics?

Quote:
There seems to be no really good way to get data without it.
Bollocks.
Old 05-05-08, 09:10 PM   #504
Kravixon
Swabbie

More than every second person commenting in different threads says they prefer or continue to use 1.2.3.

A friend and I had been using 1.2.3 with success rates of around 60-80% and now hit only one or two torpedos per patrol.

It is obvious that getting accurate measurements is half as precise when using half the magnification.

The 1357 downloads of 1.2.3 continue to rise even with the new GUI included after 1.6 or whenever the 3x was introduced.
Old 05-05-08, 09:36 PM   #505
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
More than every second person commenting in different threads says they prefer or continue to use 1.2.3.

A friend and I had been using 1.2.3 with success rates of around 60-80% and now hit only one or two torpedos per patrol.

It is obvious that getting accurate measurements is half as precise when using half the magnification.

The 1357 downloads of 1.2.3 continue to rise even with the new GUI included after 1.6 or whenever the 3x was introduced.
Oh come off it. What threads? You think I don't read these forums? And what does the download count have to do with anything? Like I said, I'm not necessarily disagreeing - maybe at least half of OLCE2 players do prefer 1.2.3 - but trying to act like you have more of an idea of this than I do is pretty ludicrous, not to mention quite insulting.
Old 05-05-08, 09:55 PM   #506
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

what Is Wrong With You People? If You Prefer Olc's Gui 1.2.3, Use It And Stop Complaining! Olc Have Other Things To Do Then Hearing All You People Complain About Differences Of Two Mods, That's Why He Did Make Two Mods, To Please Everybody. If You Dont Like Olc's Special, Like Me, Use The Gui 1.2.3 And Shut Up!

If you suck at getting a decent data for the TDC, use the 1.2.3... To each his own.

Edited by RDP ( that font on steroids ). Hard on the eyes

Last edited by ReallyDedPoet; 05-07-08 at 01:36 PM.
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 10:02 PM   #507
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

PT, thanks... for the... support?
Old 05-05-08, 10:28 PM   #508
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
PT, thanks... for the... support?
Jesus crist, man... some people just don't have notion... Looking from the outside, the people that don't know how hard is to mod, they keep telling you a large amount of bullsh!t...

For people that don't know: nobody here mod to please everybody. We all mod to please OURSELVES, but we share what we did coz we think that somebody else might enjoy and use our mod. If you don't enjoy somebody's work, then don't use it, make your own mod, according to your taste. Don't ever tell people what to do to please you, ever ever... in any aspect of life...

"I WANT YOU TO CHANGE YOUR MOD TO FIT MY TASTE, AND I STAND CORRECT COZ HALF OF THE PEOPLE HERE THINK LIKE ME"

1) GFYS!
2) The above!
3) Everybody at this wonderful forum is very nice people, they will ask all of your questions and doubts, if you ask nicely. You can even become a very good modder, just by asking and learning from the people here.
4) ASK for directions on how to fix this and that to match your taste, ASK NICELY about the functionality of something and you'll be replied. BUT FIRST, TRY YOURSELF!
5) A LOT of questions have been previously answered on this forum, believe or not this forum is very very old. And it have a wonderful SEARCH button, and advanced searching options, you might find everything you need to learn how to do it yourself.

Only after modding a lot and suffering long nights to make something work you'll understand how painful it is when somebody comes to you, say that your mod SUCKS, say that half of the forum agrees with you (how the hell can you possibly know that) and say that you have to change it to please you, otherwise you will cry like a baby.

This is not only on this forum, with OLC's work. THIS IS ABOUT LIFE!

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DO IT, TO ANYBODY, NO MATTER WHAT!

Always think twice about what you're saying here, this is a nice environment where we try to keep reason about what we say, and besides, OLC have worked his ass out for a very long time over this mod, and he have amazing patience with everybody, trying everything on his grasp to make it work, to make it compatible with, to teach how to do it and to improve based on feedback.

That was no feedback, that was whinning.

Thanks for this space, OLC... I hope I helped, somehow, to relief your stress with those guys.
Old 05-05-08, 10:39 PM   #509
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've not tested with all of the U-boats; I suppose it's likely that some of them will be more affected by the water stream mod than others, since Rubini's changes were not the same for all U-boats, and its even possible that some of the U-boats could be made less accurate by the water stream mod. I'm in a Type IXB right now, and the water stream mod improves accuracy for me. What's your boat?
Well, why the water stream mod could affect the accuracy? :hmm:
Just curious...
Old 05-05-08, 11:07 PM   #510
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, why the water stream mod could affect the accuracy? :hmm:
Just curious...
This have nothing to do with accuracy, OLC is daydreaming...