SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-17, 09:32 PM   #376
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husi3 View Post
first , GREET MOD
Hm , on the german 212A class i see no masts. No Periscop, radar and no ESM.

Sorry for my bad english

Greetings
Yep, I see why in the file. Thanks for the report

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 10:19 AM   #377
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

MOD UPDATED!!

Old 09-20-17, 01:00 PM   #378
PLAN 09V
Nub

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
MOD UPDATED!!
Downloaded it, but can't start the game anymore. It wouldn't let me run this game with this latest mod, but it will run with older mods or with just the deflaut.

It keeps telling me that I am missing this file "usn_mk54_description"
PLAN 09V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 01:11 PM   #379
PacificWolf
Ensign

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 3

Seawolf and Virginia claas have a bug with screw and propellant. The screw is to big.

"All ships can dive, only submarines can surface"
PacificWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 03:40 AM   #380
jack33
Seaman

Downloads: 252
Default solution prop seawolf and virginia

[Model]
ModelFile=ships/usn_ssn_skipjack/usn_ssn_skipjack
Material=ships/usn_ssn_narwhal/usn_ssn_narwhal_mat
MaterialTextures=terrain/sand
MeshPosition=0,0.0029,-0.803
MeshProp=usn_ssn_skipjack_prop
MeshPosition=0,0.0029,-0.803
MeshRotation=0,0,24.715
MeshProp=usn_ssn_skipjack_prop
MeshRotation=0,0,0
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 09:38 AM   #381
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAN 09V View Post
Downloaded it, but can't start the game anymore. It wouldn't let me run this game with this latest mod, but it will run with older mods or with just the deflaut.

It keeps telling me that I am missing this file "usn_mk54_description"
The latest version of the mod is made for the 1.08b beta. If you're not on that beta, you'd want to download the previous version of the mod from GitHub until 1.08b goes live. Or you can subscribe to the beta in Steam itself.

Old 09-21-17, 09:39 AM   #382
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWolf View Post
Seawolf and Virginia claas have a bug with screw and propellant. The screw is to big.
Yeah, the devs changed the screw sizes of a couple subs, that one snuck by us. We'll try to get a new update out as soon as we can with all files adapted to 1.08b properly.

Old 09-21-17, 04:27 PM   #383
SaltmineMinion
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

For realism buffs:

The Dutch Walrus class subs are undergoing a refit programme as of 2016, HNLMS SS Zeeleeuw will be the first to complete the refit in 2017, followed by SS Dolfijn in 2018, and SS Bruinvis in 2020. Last to be refitted is the SS Walrus, scheduled to have finished the refit in 2022

https://magazines.defensie.nl/materi...-extension-ozb

For the game the 2016 Refit will change the torpedoes and the sonar.

As part of NATO's Sonar Safety Project: Installation of Mine Avoidance Sonar.

New Sonar Intercept Array: Uses active sonar signals from other ships to form a underwater picture.

Torpedoes: Mk48 torpedo guidance system upgraded from mod 4 (analogue) to the digital mod 7 (Mk48 ADCAP).

And some other interesting reading on Dutch subs:

https://marineschepen.nl/schepen/walrus.html

And its predecessor

https://marineschepen.nl/schepen/zwaardvis-1972.html
SaltmineMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 09:12 PM   #384
snowmaninurface
Swabbie

Downloads: 48

Hey I'm not sure if anyone else has a problem with the sails of the 688s and the fairwater planes?
The sail on all 3 versions of the 688s and all the other subs based on the 688s seems like the sails have gotten shrunk and moved back a ways or maybe just moved backwards on the hull quite abit. So now the fairwater planes are fore of the actual sail on all subs based on the 688 hull. And for the seawolf and both versions of the Vir class, the nose bit doesn't sit on the front of the sail like it's suppose to, instead, it just kinda floats infront of it.

Another thing with all vessels based on the 688 is that the top rudder is alot larger than the bottom rudder. But the top rudder has a big gap between itself and the hull where it's suppose to go. the lowest part of the bottom rudder is flush with the bottom of the hull. This look makes alot of sense with the virginia as that's how it really looks (minus the big ass gap)

Oh and also I have some fairwater plane alignment issues with the 84 sturgeon, 84 permit, ohio ssbn, ohio ssgn, george washington ssbn, ethan allen ssbn, and the USS StaynAlive too

And of course I have the issue everyone else has reported with the propulsor being too small or the screw inside it being too big.
snowmaninurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 10:04 PM   #385
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaninurface View Post
Hey I'm not sure if anyone else has a problem with the sails of the 688s and the fairwater planes?
The sail on all 3 versions of the 688s and all the other subs based on the 688s seems like the sails have gotten shrunk and moved back a ways or maybe just moved backwards on the hull quite abit. So now the fairwater planes are fore of the actual sail on all subs based on the 688 hull. And for the seawolf and both versions of the Vir class, the nose bit doesn't sit on the front of the sail like it's suppose to, instead, it just kinda floats infront of it.

Another thing with all vessels based on the 688 is that the top rudder is alot larger than the bottom rudder. But the top rudder has a big gap between itself and the hull where it's suppose to go. the lowest part of the bottom rudder is flush with the bottom of the hull. This look makes alot of sense with the virginia as that's how it really looks (minus the big ass gap)

Oh and also I have some fairwater plane alignment issues with the 84 sturgeon, 84 permit, ohio ssbn, ohio ssgn, george washington ssbn, ethan allen ssbn, and the USS StaynAlive too

And of course I have the issue everyone else has reported with the propulsor being too small or the screw inside it being too big.
This is caused by the new beta. The Permit and Sturgeon models were re-worked in the last one and now all the other boats (Skipjack, 688, Narwhal) received the same attention. These adjustments of the model are being coupled with the position data for the old models (because that's what's included in the mod override folder).

I'd say that CaptainX3 and the boys will get it taken care of. In the meantime its possible (but quite tedious) to fix yourself by copying and pasting over the new data from the respective vessel.txt files in the default folder into their counterparts in the override folder (i.e. get the Meshposition data from the usn_ssn_skipjack.txt file in default and paste it over the data of the counterpart usn_ssn_skipjack.txt file in override).
Old 09-22-17, 11:00 AM   #386
ChieftainYan
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

oh, just wondering why the model seems out of places on the mod. Now i know the answer thanks!XD
Old 09-22-17, 12:18 PM   #387
Gerd Kelbling
Swabbie

I love your Mod,but PLEEEEEEASEEEEE no more Shark-Teeth on Russian Subs.....
Gerd Kelbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 07:24 PM   #388
Matt_in_Middletown
Swabbie

Downloads: 42

The rework they did also ganked up the placement of the ramp on the seawolf and Virginia as well as the rudder placement on a few boats.
Still loving the mod.
Matt_in_Middletown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 08:36 PM   #389
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Yep, the quick updates have broken a lot of things. We're working on getting everything fixed, but some of the mod devs have real life stuff to attend to, so it's going slowly. Don't worry though, we will get an update out soon.

Old 09-23-17, 09:02 PM   #390
snowmaninurface
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
This is caused by the new beta. The Permit and Sturgeon models were re-worked in the last one and now all the other boats (Skipjack, 688, Narwhal) received the same attention. These adjustments of the model are being coupled with the position data for the old models (because that's what's included in the mod override folder).

I'd say that CaptainX3 and the boys will get it taken care of. In the meantime its possible (but quite tedious) to fix yourself by copying and pasting over the new data from the respective vessel.txt files in the default folder into their counterparts in the override folder (i.e. get the Meshposition data from the usn_ssn_skipjack.txt file in default and paste it over the data of the counterpart usn_ssn_skipjack.txt file in override).
Yeah I don't know jack about modding and copying over code and stuff so it's probably better to not start messing with crap I know nothing about haha.
snowmaninurface is offline   Reply With Quote