Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-19, 06:58 PM   #6346
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Rockstar, that has to be the most ignorant speech by Trump yet,lol Can hardly wait to see what he and Hannity come up with next!

Al Capone
Old 01-20-19, 07:23 PM   #6347
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Rockstar, that has to be the most ignorant speech by Trump yet,lol Can hardly wait to see what he and Hannity come up with next!

When Platapus mentioned Scott Pruitt's office I was wondering who his advisor was with the intent of making a snarky comment. When I couldn't find out who that was. I wondered about who was advising the President and came across the Hannity Dobbs vid.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 01-21-19, 05:00 AM   #6348
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh aye, but no answer to the question I note.
I find the BBC a far more credible source than those mentioned by Catfish.

Not feeling the love here

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-21-19, 07:21 AM   #6349
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
When Platapus mentioned Scott Pruitt's office I was wondering who his advisor was with the intent of making a snarky comment. When I couldn't find out who that was. I wondered about who was advising the President and came across the Hannity Dobbs vid.
Trump has been increasingly echoing Fox News talking points in the past year or so. I'm not sure how many decisions he makes anymore without consulting Fox News directly or indirectly.

In other news, Trump's star lawyer (Giuliani) continues to inadvertently sabotage their own defense by sort of confirming BuzzfeedNews' report of Trump asking Cohen to lie under oath, even after the Special Council released a rare statement saying the BfN report is not "completely accurate".

Last edited by Dowly; 01-21-19 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-21-19, 07:30 AM   #6350
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^^
BBC is fake news ! Should have quoted Breitbart, Fox News and the American Thinker !
The left wing news media in the USA is rapidly losing its credibility. The list of their 'fake news' is long and growing. Here is Glenn Greenwald's top ten list with some honorable mentions. And these 'tales' just relate to the Russia/Trump story.

All news articles should now begin with the disclaimer, 'this story if true....'

Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story

Quote:
As I’ve said many times, the U.S. media has become quite adept at expressing extreme indignation when people criticize them; when politicians conclude that it is advantageous to turn the U.S. media into their main adversary; and when people turn to “fake news” sites.

If, however, they were willing to devote just a small fraction of that energy to examining their own conduct, perhaps they would develop the tools necessary to combat those problems instead of just denouncing their critics and angrily demanding that politicians and news consumers accord them the respect to which they believe they are entitled.
https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-21-19, 08:24 AM   #6351
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
All news articles should now begin with the disclaimer, 'this story if true....'
I think The following quote would be more Accurate
Quote:
“The following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event.”
Old 01-21-19, 08:24 AM   #6352
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ oh i would not say "left" (whatever you think that is, i guess all that is not Trump course?) media are losing credibility, i would just say anyone representing an opinion diverting from the grand master is either maligned, fired or threatened to shut up.

Any neutral or common-sensed media are now challenged by people who absolutely know they are right, refuse to think critically, and have no idea of proper journalistic research.
You know like those people back then, when they came to power by brute force scrapping up any critics, suddenly smelling their chance to payback any perceived injustice to those envied 'elitists'.

Regarding Fox News, Breitbart or American Thinker the term "fake news" was created for them. That Trump stole it and tries to badmouth anything who dares to deviate from his absolute dogma does not mean that the rest of the world believes him, or his obsequious and uncritical reporting media.

The three mentioned have no credibilty, and never had. Not in the eyes of the world, thank god.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-21-19, 08:44 AM   #6353
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The three mentioned have no credibilty, and never had. Not in the eyes of the world, thank god.
Yep, this is true. Come to think of it, it has become a rarity for even our tabloid papers to cite news from Fox News.

As for "fake news" and which "side" pushes more of them, perhaps a better comparison would be any single "left" media v any single "right" media instead of a top ten list from the past 2 years. Say, WaPo or CNN aganst Fox News. I would be willing to bet thet Fox News comes on top with most false stories published (and probably least amount of stories corrected/retracted as well).
Old 01-21-19, 08:44 AM   #6354
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

There is a long tradition in Republican politics of seeking to discredit journalism. You can paint it in any colour and opinion, but since Trump and Bannon, the right wing goal is “The full destruction and elimination of the entire mainstream media.”, and replace it.

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/r...ter-trump.php/

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-21-19, 09:29 AM   #6355
u crank

Quote:
^ oh i would not say "left" (whatever you think that is, i guess all that is not Trump course?) media are losing credibility, i would just say anyone representing an opinion diverting from the grand master is either maligned, fired or threatened to shut up.
Can you give any examples of that in any of the MSM outlets in the USA?

Quote:
Any neutral or common-sensed media are now challenged by people who absolutely know they are right, refuse to think critically, and have no idea of proper journalistic research.
Did you read Greenwald's article? Are you putting him in that category? Are you saying that certain media outlets are above criticism?

Quote:
Regarding Fox News, Breitbart or American Thinker the term "fake news" was created for them. That Trump stole it and tries to badmouth anything who dares to deviate from his absolute dogma does not mean that the rest of the world believes him, or his obsequious and uncritical reporting media.
Fake news is fake news. The fact that highly regarded outlets like CNN, MSNBC, the NYT and the Washington Post are now presenting articles without properly vetting them shows their anti Trump bias. The items Greenwald listed were all presented in the most serious manner only to fall apart when all the facts were made known. If that is not 'fake news' I don't know what is. And more importantly it is bad journalism and a complete lack of self awareness and admission of their political prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
As for "fake news" and which "side" pushes more of them, perhaps a better comparison would be any single "left" media v any single "right" media instead of a top ten list from the past 2 years. Say, WaPo or CNN aganst Fox News. I would be willing to bet thet Fox News comes on top with most false stories published (and probably least amount of stories corrected/retracted as well).
Well if you can find any examples that are as ridiculously wrong as the ones that Greenwald cited I love to hear them. I'll wait.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-21-19, 10:13 AM   #6356
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Well if you can find any examples that are as ridiculously wrong as the ones that Greenwald cited I love to hear them. I'll wait.
The Seth Rich conspiracy theory pushed by Fox News comes to mind.
Old 01-21-19, 10:48 AM   #6357
u crank

Quote:
The Seth Rich conspiracy theory pushed by Fox News comes to mind.
That's one.

I'm not an advocate of Fox News. What disturbs me is the idea that there are major news networks and publications that are beyond reproach. And we see quite clearly that they are not.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 01-21-19 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-21-19, 10:54 AM   #6358
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Trump has been increasingly echoing Fox News talking points in the past year or so. I'm not sure how many decisions he makes anymore without consulting Fox News directly or indirectly.
It's unfortunate but they and we all do it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-21-19 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-21-19, 12:08 PM   #6359
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I find the BBC a far more credible source than those mentioned by Catfish.

Not feeling the love here

The question I had was not about the BBC but rather the subject of their reporting. However since you mention it they are not above sensationalizing stories either, especially when it's to dig at Trump or Americans in general so forgive me if I don't accept what they say without question.

I mean don't you find it the least bit strange that for 18 months the Russians could not touch this girl just because she was in a Thai jail, in spite of her apparently possessing such enormously damaging information like proof of collusion? The regime that can run down and dispatch their victims with exotic radioactive poisons was forced to wait until she entered their territory before they pounced and then no quiet disappearance but a public arrest that now has to be justified?

It just doesn't add up, but hey it's Trump right?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-21-19, 12:29 PM   #6360
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Fake news is fake news. The fact that highly regarded outlets like CNN, MSNBC, the NYT and the Washington Post are now presenting articles without properly vetting them shows their anti Trump bias. The items Greenwald listed were all presented in the most serious manner only to fall apart when all the facts were made known. If that is not 'fake news' I don't know what is. And more importantly it is bad journalism and a complete lack of self awareness and admission of their political prejudice.

It seems they actually believe once they dispatch Trump that they are going to be able to recover their lost reputation of fairness. That is gone forever for at least half the nation. I also think Ted Koppel was right. CNNs ratings (and the rest of them too) would be in the toilet without Trump to rail against. There is no leaving that train now.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter