Old 06-14-18, 07:09 AM   #4816
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
No such tweet exists on his account.
I thought as much....not even he could pull a stunt like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-14-18, 05:15 PM   #4817
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

The poop has hit the fan.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-15-18 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-14-18, 05:53 PM   #4818
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Pass the popcorn.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 06-14-18, 07:15 PM   #4819
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-15-18, 10:38 AM   #4820
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-15-18, 12:03 PM   #4821
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

"This report did not find any evidence of political bias or improper considerations actually impacting the investigation under review."
-FBI Director Christopher Wray (appointed and highly praised by Trump himself)
Old 06-15-18, 01:54 PM   #4822
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I can appreciate Mr. Wrays position he inherited a mess from Comey and I too think Wray will do a fine job. But what he said isn't what the report stated. The report didn't conclude there wasn't any evidence. What the report said is there was no documentary or testimonial evidence. In other words the IG may have had their suspicions but they cannot prove what motivated Comey to be insubordinate, wander off the reservation and influence a national election. Plus I don't think IG is obligated to prove motive they just need to prove an illegal act was committed, their job is done. But I suspect the tax payers will be held liable for another upcoming and very public congressional boondoggle.. errr I mean investigation this time its political bias! No complaints from the majority taxpayer though they love the drama and name calling. Now as for Muellers investigative A-team their texts are pretty damning making it obvious to anyone what their motivation was.

Does make me wonder though who Comey's so called 'Higher Authority' is that persuaded him do the things he did.

I said it before I'll say it again this whole thing has been one big political boondoggle from the start.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-15-18 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-15-18, 03:06 PM   #4823
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

The final answer is simple Trump would not be the POTUS without the controversy of did or did she not break the law with a private server and email question compounded by the FBI (headed by Comey) decided to at the last minute get a subpoena to open her secretary's husband's computer to investigate for any violations of the law.

A shadow was cast on Hillary Clinton that lasted to election day. I think the 911 fainting spell also added to the non Hillary voters too.

We have a better choice with Trump as POTUS even though the powers that be certainly can be blamed for a royal mess up. If Trump can clear his name from this Russia probe he will be elected again. The only people even close to beating Trump are in his own party.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-15-18, 04:08 PM   #4824
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The report didn't conclude there wasn't any evidence. What the report said is there was no documentary or testimonial evidence. In other words the IG may have had their suspicions but they cannot prove what motivated Comey to be insubordinate, wander off the reservation and influence a national election.

Well put Rockstar. FBI misconduct is currently being investigated by US Attorney John Huber and motives will certainly be a part of that.

What I want to know is why Peter Strzok hasn't been fired yet.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-15-18, 05:35 PM   #4825
u crank

Two things I see (so far) from Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report.

One, Trump, Jeff Sessions, and the DOJ had a legitimate reason for firing James Comey. That is pretty apparent.

Two, the very people who tried to protect and who supported Hillary Clinton probably cost her the White House. Stupid is as stupid does.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 06-15-18, 05:52 PM   #4826
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

We had just a hair over 18% voter turnout in my precinct. It should be a lot higher, but it was one of our better turnouts. I have worked primaries where we have had 1% turnout.

The breakdown was 57% Democrat and 43% Republican ballots cast. Virginia has open primaries so we don't know how many democrats and republicans and independents voted. We can only count the number of ballots.
Old 06-15-18, 11:42 PM   #4827
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

From 17:18 to 17:30

Afterwards he said that was just a joke, the easiest possible escape, but it doesn't sound like a joke at all ...or everything that comes out of his mouth is a complete joke.

Even if it would be a joke, there's always a glimmer of truth behind this kind of ''humour''.

Tells a lot about the man.

Anyone has a proper facepalm picture
Old 06-16-18, 02:58 AM   #4828
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
But what he said isn't what the report stated. The report didn't conclude there wasn't any evidence. What the report said is there was no documentary or testimonial evidence.
Oh, really?

Quote:
We found no evidence that Comey’s public statement announcing the FBI’s
decision to close the investigation was the result of bias or an effort to influence the
election.
Quote:
In brief,
we found no evidence that the decision not to prosecute Clinton under these
statutory provisions was tainted by bias or other improper considerations.
Quote:
We found no evidence that Comey’s decision to send the October 28 letter
was influenced by political preferences.
Quote:
Based on our investigation, we found no evidence to indicate that improper
political considerations influenced the FBI’s processing and release of the Clinton
Foundation documents or the use of an FBI Twitter account to publicize the release.
And those are just few examples I found searching the document for 'no evidence', plenty more if you search for 'bias'.

Quote:
Plus I don't think IG is obligated to prove motive they just need to prove an illegal act was committed, their job is done.
One of their tasks was to see if the decisions concerning the Clinton investigation were influenced by "improper considerations". Says so right in the report, page 1 (2 in PDF).

As for the Clinton investigation in general, the report blows some pretty big holes in the Trumpster narrative. Might want to have a read the next time you plan on using the "But her eeeemaaails" argument.
Old 06-16-18, 06:44 AM   #4829
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What I want to know is why Peter Strzok hasn't been fired yet.
That's a good question. A lot of former FBI agents are asking the same question.

What I find hard to understand is that Strzok's text “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.” in response to Page's “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?,” is just now seeing the light of day. Why was this, the most damning piece of evidence against Strzok kept under wraps until now?

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 06-16-18, 08:30 AM   #4830
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Oh, really?

And those are just few examples I found searching the document for 'no evidence', plenty more if you search for 'bias'.

One of their tasks was to see if the decisions concerning the Clinton investigation were influenced by "improper considerations". Says so right in the report, page 1 (2 in PDF).

As for the Clinton investigation in general, the report blows some pretty big holes in the Trumpster narrative. Might want to have a read the next time you plan on using the "But her eeeemaaails" argument.

Word searches, really? Please use common sense for a moment. What is your motive for posting here? What decision have you ever made in life that did not have a motive? Unless you are a mindless bag of rocks you have a reason for everything you do in life even when it comes too improper considerations. The IG plainly states they found no documentary or testimonial evidence that prove his motives were political but then neither do they attempt to show what his motives were otherwise. The most likely reason is like the prosecution, IG is under no obligation to prove motive just illegal actions, and they did. What Comey's reasons were at the time of his insubordination and improper considerations is still a big unknown. Why? I'll say it again, because IG found no documentary or testimonial evidence to present which proves one way or another what goes on in another mans mind. Furthermore I don't believe they under any obligation to do so and what bothers me is why they even brought it up to begin with! But that's up to the next public boondoggle to decide.

Who was Comey's 'Higher Authority'?

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-16-18 at 10:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter