SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-09, 01:36 AM   #1006
ivanDurak
Watch

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Somebody knows, why in a radioroom and at hydroacoustic course and speed gauges do not work? Besides on a place hydroacoustic it is impossible to hear to horizon manually. A bug?
ivanDurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 04:59 AM   #1007
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

I had that same issue when the .exe file was altered, and this caused the star force problem.
If you PM me I will reply.

robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 03:12 PM   #1008
GrumpySub
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Default Deck gun destroyed?

Hi all. I have just installed WAC 4.1 over a clean 1.4b stock SH3 installation, with no other mods used (only WarAceCampaign 4.1_final_FULL_XP). I see now that when I attempt the naval gunnery academy mission, as soon as this loads I immediately get a message stating that the deck gun has been destroyed. Thereafter the game won't let me man the gun, although it is perfectly visible from the outside view and F10 still takes me to the station. This makes the mission rather impossible! Any ideas? This never happened to me with WAC 3.0. Thanks.
GrumpySub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 05:20 PM   #1009
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Items notified as "destroyed" often result from a mismatch between the sub equipment called for by the mission and that shown in your SH3 save files (in XP this is in C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents).

Did you delete this file before making your new install? Or do you have more than one version of SH3 on your drive?

Last edited by Cheapskate; 11-02-09 at 06:22 PM.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 12:10 PM   #1010
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

So now I got at last my next frustrating experience: New career , all days before with no probs and now when approaching Danzig on 1939-09-01 and firing a Type 2 Torpedo on a Polish Trawler CTD - Yeah ,how I dig that ! U know what ? I ain't gonna play Career anymore til SH 5 - just Singlemissions from now on - am I frustrated? Hell yeah!
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 12:34 PM   #1011
GrumpySub
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Items notified as "destroyed" often result from a mismatch between the sub equipment called for by the mission and that shown in your SH3 save files (in XP this is in C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents).

Did you delete this file before making your new install? Or do you have more than one version of SH3 on your drive?
Thanks for the response. I actually have three separate SH3 installs - one each for GWX, NYGM and WAC (as well as an umodded stock SH3 installation just patched to 1.4b). All three mega mod installations are on my E: drive (a second hard drive that I had installed on my PC), while the stock version is on my original C: drive.
Old 11-03-09, 03:33 PM   #1012
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySub View Post
Thanks for the response. I actually have three separate SH3 installs - one each for GWX, NYGM and WAC (as well as an umodded stock SH3 installation just patched to 1.4b). All three mega mod installations are on my E: drive (a second hard drive that I had installed on my PC), while the stock version is on my original C: drive.
The best way to play IMHO....try em all and enjoy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 06:36 PM   #1013
Cheapskate
XO

@GrumpySub

Prior to installing WAC4.1 are you sure you removed WAC3 completely i.e.the main directory (presumably on your E drive) plus the save/data folder on your C drive?

Reason for asking is that there are graphical differences between the deck guns on the two versions. For example WAC 4.1 has a large coiled rope round the length of the barrel which is lacking on 3.1. This may be sufficient to cause the problem you are getting.

If you didn't delete this folder (or are unsure) , I suggest you delete it now and rerun WAC 4.1. A new folder will be created which I hope will enable you to run the mission.
Old 11-04-09, 08:53 PM   #1014
abclkhan
Loader

Downloads: 169

Hello
This is anwesome mod and I really would like to play it. But the hydro room appears to be always buggy with a freezing needle and the active sonar´s button onthe left of the gear. In 1939.

This is Windows vista updated + fresh SH3 and WAC 4.1 after the vista patch.
Curiously, my last installation was the same amd WAC 4.1 worked very fine. But I had to format my PC and here I am.
It wasnt a fresh SH3. I had used WAC 4.1 after uninstalling WAC 3.1.
And between them, LSH3 IV. (What a mess).

I guess I will have to install Windows XP right? ok, but I am still looking for a solution for this issue since playing on vista is much easier for me.
Thanks
abclkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 09:04 PM   #1015
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Is there any updates regarding the SH3 Cmdr issues. I feel naked without it.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 01:51 AM   #1016
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@abclkhan

It is not vista the problem but the download from 1 server has this hydrophone bug. From the Urmel Server you get this bug actually. Use one of the other servers!

@Tuddley

Nothing new at the moment!
Old 11-05-09, 02:43 PM   #1017
GrumpySub
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
@GrumpySub

Prior to installing WAC4.1 are you sure you removed WAC3 completely i.e.the main directory (presumably on your E drive) plus the save/data folder on your C drive?

Reason for asking is that there are graphical differences between the deck guns on the two versions. For example WAC 4.1 has a large coiled rope round the length of the barrel which is lacking on 3.1. This may be sufficient to cause the problem you are getting.

If you didn't delete this folder (or are unsure) , I suggest you delete it now and rerun WAC 4.1. A new folder will be created which I hope will enable you to run the mission.
Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted everything that I could find, but the program is obviously still reading something somewhere that I can't find, because I keep getting the "deck gun destroyed" message even after changing MultiSH3's save folder name to something totally new. Looks like my only other option is an uninstall and reinstall of the whole WAC4.1 mod, rather than just the save folder. Ah well, if it works it'll be worth the trouble!
Old 11-05-09, 04:35 PM   #1018
Cheapskate
XO

Reinstall is pretty drastic but it could be the quickest thing in the long run.

Something you might try first ( if you haven't done so already) would be to check your shortcut by right clicking it, selecting properties ,find target, and see where it goes. You could also double click on the SH3.exe file and try starting WAC that way.

If this doesn't change anything, then reinstall is the only option.

PS
I just hope that you haven't got a corrupted download! It's a pity that HanSolo doesn't provide a MD5 hash check as this would indicate whether the initial download was OK.

Anyhow, good luck. Let's know how you get on.
Old 11-05-09, 04:48 PM   #1019
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

I'm trying to get WAC downloaded but everywhere I try to download from seems to be screwy. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good download site for the mod?

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 05:01 PM   #1020
Cheapskate
XO

Carotio's site:-

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru....php?board=7.0

is probably the best one.

It's pretty quick and there are quite a few mods for WAC 4.1 on there.

Ooops! Wrong page link - just click on Home and it'll take you to the correct page. Apologies!!