SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-12, 12:48 AM   #991
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

and in breaking news ,the creation kit is Tuesday http://games.on.net/article/14824/Sk...nch_on_Tuesday
Old 02-04-12, 08:00 AM   #992
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I just have to say, there's a couple war axe finishing move i like alot. In short, a war axe in the face! Talk about skull splitting. Needs more blood.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 09:24 AM   #993
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

You know whe you've played too much when you....

HunterICX
Old 02-04-12, 09:34 AM   #994
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
You know whe you've played too much when you....

HunterICX
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:27 AM   #995
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius359au View Post
Latest version is 1.4 ,it was a beta but went live a couple of days ago .the construction kits supposed to be this week now the patch is live.
The new 195.51 beta nvidia drivers give a nice little bonus in performance on top of the new patches boost

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:50 AM   #996
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Unrelated to patch, but I am betting that one of the DLCs will feature Solstheim. Just a gut feeling.
Old 02-04-12, 11:36 AM   #997
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hm, I think I ran into another bug,m and this one threatens to stop the main quest. I met Delphine, went to Kyneshain, killed that dragon there, she told be she belonged to the Blades (? = Klingen)and that I should meet her in Riverwood (? Flußwald in German). I am, I slept in the Inn, I visited the hidden room, I talked to her, but nothing happens, she offers the same options for talking, I could ask her who the Thalmor are and why it is important whether or not I am a Dragonborn. She does not enter the basement hidden room, but stays in the tavern. Nothing else.

Have no clue what to do now, there is no quest continuing, I mean no main quest, only side quests. Googling tells me that I will infiltrate some embassy next, and that Delfine would instruct me. But she doesn't.
Old 02-04-12, 04:23 PM   #998
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Hm, I think I ran into another bug,m and this one threatens to stop the main quest. I met Delphine, went to Kyneshain, killed that dragon there, she told be she belonged to the Blades (? = Klingen)and that I should meet her in Riverwood (? Flußwald in German). I am, I slept in the Inn, I visited the hidden room, I talked to her, but nothing happens, she offers the same options for talking, I could ask her who the Thalmor are and why it is important whether or not I am a Dragonborn. She does not enter the basement hidden room, but stays in the tavern. Nothing else.

Have no clue what to do now, there is no quest continuing, I mean no main quest, only side quests. Googling tells me that I will infiltrate some embassy next, and that Delfine would instruct me. But she doesn't.
From the wiki:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Blade_in_the_Dark

Quote:
Delphine may decide that messing around in the inn is more important than saving the world, and never enter her room. No amount of waiting will fix this. As usual, reloading an earlier save and hoping it works next time is the only option. This has been patched.
But I don't know if that refers to the scene at the inn before or after you kill the dragon at Kynesgrove, and it's the latter where you appear to be stuck.

This is the page for the Thalmor Embassy quest,

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimiplomatic_Immunity

which should be the next one in the main storyline. If reloading a previous save doesn't work (or would lose you too much stuff that you don't want to redo) you could try setting the Blade in the Dark quest to complete and then see what happens if it doesn't already show as complete in your journal. If it does, you can try using the console to advance the Diplomatic Immunity one to the point where she's already given you the first instructions for that (which would be telling you to go to Solitude and talk to Malborn).

Just offering the info, so take it FWIW - meaning I haven't tried advancing the main questline in that fashion. So far everything there has worked fine for me.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 05:19 PM   #999
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I already had restarted a savegame from just short of Kyneshain three times, but it did not change anything. I also tried the console command "setstage MQ106 150/155/160 (/170/200)" to end that quest for sure, or in the tavern, "setstage 201 0/1/5 (/10/15/20)" to get the new quest started, but again: to no avail. It does not start that way.

Definitely a showstopper bug. Game is version 1.4.21.0.4 . No mods whatever.

A pleasant surprise of a game - now ruined. But sometimes things are just too nice to be true. Where there is one bug, there lurk more in the shadows, evil dirty slimers - and knowing that one needs to expect more of that, dampens considerably any enthusiasm to continue the game. I already had several sidequest bugs, but so far could bypass them via Google and workarounds. Not this one. Just the wiki, when I discovered it - it is filled with bug descriptions from A to Z, almost every quest there is a chapter on seems to feature a longer list of issues some players are haunted by.

Will break off for some more months and meanwhile track the patchline they implement over the next month. At least once again I was lucky and have not payed money on the game.
Old 02-04-12, 07:11 PM   #1000
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Well I left setting on ultra and turned off all post effects... and everything runs perfectly and two hours in so far and no ctd... strange if I turn AA up to even x2.... I stutter like crazy upon mouse movement and I get the same 20 min crash cycle, I'm at a loss honestly but for now I'll just play without.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 08:33 PM   #1001
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
I already had restarted a savegame from just short of Kyneshain three times, but it did not change anything. I also tried the console command "setstage MQ106 150/155/160 (/170/200)" to end that quest for sure, or in the tavern, "setstage 201 0/1/5 (/10/15/20)" to get the new quest started, but again: to no avail. It does not start that way.

A pleasant surprise of a game - now ruined. But sometimes things are just too nice to be true. Where there is one bug, there lurk more in the shadows, evil dirty slimers - and knowing that one needs to expect more of that, dampens considerably any enthusiasm to continue the game. I already had several sidequest bugs, but so far could bypass them via Google and workarounds. Not this one. Just the wiki, when I discovered it - it is filled with bug descriptions from A to Z, almost every quest there is a chapter on seems to feature a longer list of issues some players are haunted by.

Will break off for some more months and meanwhile track the patchline they implement over the next month. At least once again I was lucky and have not payed money on the game.
Played through the quest multiple times. Never encountered the bug.
Old 02-04-12, 09:33 PM   #1002
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Quote:

Reinstall the game and don't patch the game leave it at stock. Start a new game go through the main quest line as it should work, I had no problem completing the main quest line with the stock game. Once completed that quest then patch the game to 1.4 if you want or keep playing with the stock and patch after the main quests are done. The main questline is quite short.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 09:46 PM   #1003
Drewcifer
Commodore

Well I solved the jittering screen, over on the Skyrim forum it was an issue too, with use of the MSI Afterburner program if you limit the fps of Skyrim to 59, poof magic. I'm running at Ultra settings again and everything is smooth.

Oh and also I started a new 1.4 character I've never encountered that bug either, but I shall let you know if I do this go around.
Old 02-06-12, 11:37 PM   #1004
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

Old 02-07-12, 01:42 PM   #1005
Drewcifer
Commodore

The Hi Res Texture pack and Creation Kit were just released on Steam, start downloading!!!