SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-05-13, 08:52 AM   #91
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
The Di Guissano ship fired it's main guns ONCE, I am not sure if they even hit the Black swan sloop, but after the cruiser fired it's main guns once, it stopped, then the Black Swan Sloop sunk in, then went after me. (The spectator)
Only once.... that's weird indeed

- What was your mod soup when you carried out this test?
- Have you tried launching the same mission without enabling my latest patch? Does it make any difference?
- Montecuccoli light cruisers mount the same guns as the di Giussano, have you put at least one of them in the same mission? Do they behave the same way?
- Fletcher class destroyers' 5" single mount guns, North Carolina class battleships' 5" twin mount guns, Somers class destroyers' 5" double mount guns, King George V class battleships' and Dido class light cruisers' 5.25" twin mount guns, feature the same changes as the italian 6" gun. Have you tested them as well?

Quote:
A bit off topic, is it possible to set an British ship to be under German allegiance? Because I want to simulate spoils of war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Copy it's cfg-file in data/Roster from British/Sea to German/Sea and place with ME2.
Exactly

Last edited by gap; 01-05-13 at 09:04 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 09:51 AM   #92
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

The Dido light cruisers guns fire, but the seem to fire quite fast
The Montecuccoli Cruiser fire normally, It tracks and shoots, but the Di Giussano fires once, then stop shooting, I will run the test again, I will put both of the cruisers in the same mission to see if they both work properly.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 10:03 AM   #93
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

I am not sure what happened before, but the ship seems to be shooting normally again .
I don't know how to respond to this incident.
Old 01-05-13, 11:17 AM   #94
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
The Dido light cruisers guns fire, but the seem to fire quite fast
yes I see. Reload time for the 5.25" Mk I gun (Dido class main batteries) is set to 1.5 sec, i.e. a rate of fire of 40 rounds per minute per muzzle. I will increase this time to 8.6 sec, giving a more realistic rate of fire of about 7 rpm.

I will post an update of the patch fixing the above issue in a matter of minutes

Quote:
The Montecuccoli Cruiser fire normally, It tracks and shoots, but the Di Giussano fires once, then stop shooting, I will run the test again, I will put both of the cruisers in the same mission to see if they both work properly.
Quote:
I am not sure what happened before, but the ship seems to be shooting normally again .
Good!

Quote:
I don't know how to respond to this incident.
as usual, they are sending us old equipment, poor ammunition, unprepared crews... damn Regia Marina
Old 01-05-13, 11:32 AM   #95
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

offtopic

Gap, did you saw this post - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=10

my apologies

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 11:36 AM   #96
gap
Navy Seal

Default gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2

quick update of the patch to v 0.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6tpc3e3gkbx9txj

What is new:
  • corrected the rate of fire of the British 5.25" (13.4 cm) Mark I (twin turret) gun from 40 to 7 rpm per muzzle; gun used on King George V class battleships and Dido class light cruisers.

Previous version:

v 0.1:
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (single mount Mk. 30), used on Fletcher class destroyers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (twin mount Mk. 28), used on North Carolina class battleships;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (twin mount Mk. 22), used on Somers class destroyers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the Italian 152 mm (6") Model 1926/1929 gun (twin turret), used on Giussano (Bartolomeo Colleoni) and Montecuccoli classes light cruisers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the British 5.25" (13.4 cm) Mk. I gun (twin mount), used on King George V class battleships (including Duke of York), and Dido class light cruisers;
  • fixed a missing setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the British 6" (15.2 cm) BL Mk. XXII gun (twin mount), used on Nelson class battleships.
v 0:
  • added 3 new shell definitions for 11" AP, HE and AA ammunition, with intermediate damage, damage radius, and armour piercing settings between 8" and 14" shells of the same type;
  • fixed a wrong ammunition setting that prevented from firing the German 28 cm (11") SK C/34 gun (three-gun turret), used on Scharnhorst and Deutschland classes pocket battleships; the gun is now firing the newly introduced 11" AP and HE shells;
  • 14" AP and HE shells replaced with more correct 11" ammunition of the same type for the German 28 cm (11") SK L/40 gun (double-gun turret), used on Deutschland class battleships;
  • fixed a missing setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the German 10.5 cm (4.1") SK C/33 gun (twin mount), used on Bismark class battleships, Scharnhost and Deutschland classes pocket battleships, and Admiral Hipper class heavy cruisers.
Old 01-05-13, 11:43 AM   #97
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
offtopic

Gap, did you saw this post - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=10

my apologies
Thank you Volodya, yes I saw it. Iam going to reply in the appropriate thread
Old 01-05-13, 11:44 AM   #98
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
patch v 0.2:
Nice
Old 01-05-13, 11:51 AM   #99
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Thanks for the patch on the Dido cruisers 5.25", now when it's up against a Cruiser of Germany, your not blinded by a hail of shells so thick you can barely see the sun.

An off topic question once again, does the Graf Zeppelin carrier from Open Horizons have any armour? because it was destroyed by the AA guns on an Illustrious class Aircraft carriers, If it doesn't, could someone patch it to have the armour of normal ships.

Last edited by V13dweller; 01-05-13 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-05-13, 11:54 AM   #100
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Nice
Just for testing Trev:

there are so many of these errors that I wouldn't call this tiny update a major advancement in the realism of the game. Right now I want just to see how the new settings are applied in game. Probably they will need for a further finetuning, but once the method will be consolidated, creating a global realism/bug fixing patch will be easier and a lot faster

Quote:
Thanks for the patch on the Dido cruisers 5.25", now when it's up against a Cruiser of Germany, your not blinded by a hail of shells so thick you can barely see the sun.
have you tested it already?
Old 01-05-13, 12:38 PM   #101
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Indeed I actually just have.
Old 01-05-13, 01:52 PM   #102
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Indeed I actually just have.
...and what? Are they firing at a more reasonable rate now (slowly enough for the Regia Marina lazy gunners to stand a little chance at least)?

what do you want me to fix next?
Old 01-05-13, 05:04 PM   #103
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
...what do you want me to fix next?
Maybe it's time to solve/fix the following issue?

Quote:
- Machine guns (both aircraft and ship mounted) are overpowered in SH5.

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 07:57 PM   #104
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Maybe it's time to solve/fix the following issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap
- Machine guns (both aircraft and ship mounted) are overpowered in SH5.
Yes, I think so, but it is not so easy

I will put it simple: the issue could be fixed either by decreasing hp damage/armor piercing of 20mm shells, or by increasing our hull's hp/armor. Which method is correct? I could have added much more parameters, but I think my example is rendering the idea anyway

I need for real life objective measurements to start with, for adjusting them to the SH5 world. Some of them aren't to be found (how to convert the concept of "hit points" in real therms? ), whereas other data possibly exist (i.e. shell's armor piercing capacity and blast radius), but they are incomplete or hardly found.

All in all, I think I will start from warship's armors. It shouldn't be difficult collecting this information. Armor piercing values for many guns/shells are also available or can be rougly extimated, but I need to understand if in SH5 this parameter is affected by distance, as in real life

Any suggestion?

Last edited by gap; 01-05-13 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-05-13, 11:40 PM   #105
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

The ship "Graf Zeppelin" can be destroyed by the 40mm anti air gun, that means aircraft an destroy it without even dropping a bomb, I tested that before, I placed the Graf Zeppelin in open water steaming at full speed to Germany, and the aircraft were shredding it with their machine guns.

It seems only actual Warships can resist the 40mm round.