Lets hope they use it on the piece crap that killed that poor lad then
Old 03-20-12, 02:32 PM   #17
Osmium Steele
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117 View Post
so i cant see how this applies. "stand your ground" does not have a provision for chasing down a kid with skittles and shooting him
And again, I agree completely. Stand Your Ground does not apply, but the cops used it as an excuse to let the killer walk free.

My U297 build thread
Osmium Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 03:13 PM   #18
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The other thing that I find disturbing is the fact that Zimmerman says "these *******s always get away" get away with what? Zimmerman saw this kid do nothing but walk down the street in what he claimed was a suspicious manner appearing suspicious is not illegal and by Zimmerman's definition it seems that if you walk down the street and look around at houses that makes makes you suspect. Who the hell does not walk down the street and look at what surrounds them is a black male supposed to walk down the street with his hands on display looking straight ahead the entire time and not look over his shoulder at the person following him in a vehicle if I where to have seen the described situation and was not aware that one person was a watch captain (not driving a marked vehicle) I would think "why is that car following the kid walking down the street that looks suspect to me".

A suspicious person walks up to parked cars and looks inside or walks up to house windows and peers inside.One has to wonder if this Zimmerman sought the power to kill and found a way to do it and he spent all this time a Neighborhood watch man because he felt that this would give the best chance to shot someone perhaps he is racist and specifically wanted to kill a black male and he finally got his chance after all the *******s always get away they must have done something wrong even if I did not see it got to take him out.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 05:32 PM   #19
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

One would also think that as a member of a neighbourhood watch, one would be familiar with the people living on their "beat". How can you determine someone does not belong when you don't know who belongs?
Old 03-20-12, 05:42 PM   #20
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Justice Dept and FBI are getting involved now. Hopefully this piece of excrement gets his.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...trayvon-martin
Feds have NO right to get involved in this but yet again the feds decide to go too far.This guy is an idiot but does not deserve being charged with a hate crime.Feds have ZERO business here, move along.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 05:44 PM   #21
Stealhead
Navy Seal

@Platapus Right this boy was staying with family at the same complex surely Zimmerman who it seems was very active shall we say must have seen the boy prior to the incident.The more you think about it the more it sounds like this boy was targeted by Zimmerman.

@Bubblehead1980 you must be kidding oh no wait you are Bubblehead I forgot.

The Feds have every right to get involved purely on the fact that it is plainly clear that the Sanford Police a have little desire to properly investigate the case they are treating a civilian who used deadly force in a situation where he pursued an unknown person that is placing your self in danger self defense is minding your own business and someone else approaching you and displaying intent to cause bodily harm where you have no recourse but force in return.
Old 03-20-12, 05:50 PM   #22
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Right this boy was staying with family at the same complex surely Zimmerman who it seems was very active shall we say must have seen the boy prior to the incident.The more you think about it the more it sounds like this boy was targeted by Zimmerman.
No, just an idiot who was overzealous and should be arrested and tried by the STATE courts but not labeled as a racist just because it was a black kid unless REAL evidence surfaces to show he is a racist etc
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 06:00 PM   #23
Stealhead
Navy Seal

You have no way to to prove or disprove at this time that Zimmerman had racial motive though it interesting that many residents said that he had a fixation on young black men to be aware of them that seems a little racist to me I see young men of various creeds up to no good not just blacks.

It is very obvious that Zimmerman was overzealous and it is plausible that he could also have been racially motivated and it needs to be investigated.
Old 03-20-12, 06:48 PM   #24
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Feds have NO right to get involved in this but yet again the feds decide to go too far.This guy is an idiot but does not deserve being charged with a hate crime.Feds have ZERO business here, move along.
Surely you jest???
A whole freaking Nation is crying out about this!!
Who do you want to look into things?
Castle?
Old 03-20-12, 06:51 PM   #25
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Feds have NO right to get involved in this
Ah the legal expert shows himself up again

So young man, simple questions. The right is clear enough, its pretty basic, only a fool would claim there is no right so we can pretty much skip that, but for more fun can you understand why the feds are actually obliged to get involved in this?
Its also clear enough and very basic but can you possibly grasp such a simple process bubbles?
Old 03-20-12, 06:54 PM   #26
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22

Both of these seems to be fairly spot on from some of what I've seen already about this. First guy is pretty emotional about it, so are the young turks for that matter.

Hope something is done about this for you guys over there, be it in respect of any racial elements to this case, or police procedural in this instance.

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 06:59 PM   #27
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Manson is probably rolling in laughter right now!

I can see riots not far behind if this is not taken care of soon.
And I must say I can't blame those that will be involved!!

That whole PD should be looked at with a fine toothed comb!
And the DA's also!
Old 03-20-12, 07:02 PM   #28
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
Ah the legal expert shows himself up again

So young man, simple questions. The right is clear enough, its pretty basic, only a fool would claim there is no right so we can pretty much skip that, but for more fun can you understand why the feds are actually obliged to get involved in this?
Its also clear enough and very basic but can you possibly grasp such a simple process bubbles?

I tend to somewhat agree with bubbles here. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say the fed doesn't have a right. But I would very much like to know what exactley is the federal governments 'interest' in this case. Especially since the states case hasn't really even gotten off the ground yet.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 07:08 PM   #29
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I tend to somewhat agree with bubbles here.
well that wouldn't be very clever.

Quote:
But I would very much like to know what exactley is the federal governments 'interest' in this case.
Simple question Rockstar.
Run through the parties which requested the involvement at federal level and see how many you can get before you see why exactly the feds are obliged to be involved in this.
Old 03-20-12, 07:36 PM   #30
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

"Stand your ground" does not mean chase the dude and gun him down because he's black and carrying something.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote