SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #406
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach
This looks very nice, and I hope to use it, i changed the replies to orders as you indicated we could as from my experinece with naval men of that time, they did indeed so reply or wish lower ranks to so reply often, it would depend on the Kaptain, but the ones I knew would ask it....

as for the other two files, radio message typed or morse...what do we do with them? are they options one or the other? i did not see instructions in the read me about them...and I am new so i ask with thanks.
Yeah, back in WW2 they didn't say "yes sir" for each order. The crew was basically the same from one patrol to the next, so they were kinda of a "family". So there was no need for formalities.

The radio messages are options if you don't like the original. You just need to uncompress them in the mods folder and enable after the main mod and patches.

__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #407
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado and California
Posts: 722
Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0
Default

thank you very much. much appreciate all the work on this, sound is very important for rememberance, and I look forward very much to hearing all your hard work.

danke
__________________
Erlaubnis an Bord zu kommen.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #408
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach
thank you very much. much appreciate all the work on this, sound is very important for rememberance, and I look forward very much to hearing all your hard work.

danke
Vielen Dank. das war sehr freundlich!
__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:29 AM   #409
melendir
Machinist's Mate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 129
Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello PT

Thanks for making this sound pack, I'm enjoying
__________________
------------
- Melendir -
------------
melendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #410
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melendir
Hello PT

Thanks for making this sound pack, I'm enjoying
Glad to hear that! Everything I can to make sh3 each day better!
__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #411
wolfpack_jim
Watch
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 25
Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default

is this mod compatible with OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 ?
wolfpack_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #412
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_jim
is this mod compatible with OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 ?
JSGME will accuse some files to be overwritten, but I asure you both mods are compatible.

__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #413
Rodolph
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi all
This is my first post in this great forum. At first : Respekt to all the modders and engaged people. Here comes my prob : (no perfekt english / Im from germany)
I got Thomsens Soundpack 3.0 runnin . I like it very much but theres one thing I `m sick of : every time I enter the " Komandozentrale" the background-voice starts to tell the same story. Is there a random in update 3.1 or is it planed at least? By the way : How do I know that the update to 3.2. is already done ? And can somebody tell me how I have to install the update?I`m well trained with7z and jsmg and stuff. I got a lot of mods runnin. Althoug I read the install-hints of the first page i cant get it right.

Greets, Rodolph
Rodolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #414
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolph
Hi all
This is my first post in this great forum. At first : Respekt to all the modders and engaged people. Here comes my prob : (no perfekt english / Im from germany)
I got Thomsens Soundpack 3.0 runnin . I like it very much but theres one thing I `m sick of : every time I enter the " Komandozentrale" the background-voice starts to tell the same story. Is there a random in update 3.1 or is it planed at least? By the way : How do I know that the update to 3.2. is already done ? And can somebody tell me how I have to install the update?I`m well trained with7z and jsmg and stuff. I got a lot of mods runnin. Althoug I read the install-hints of the first page i cant get it right.

Greets, Rodolph
Welcome Rudolph!
Normally Sailor Steve welcomes the new guys, but appears that he doesn't read my threads...

Yes, this is a very good forum and you'll love this place!

Now, to answer your questions...
1. The repeating interior sounds.... nope, nothing can be done in that case. The game starts the file again everytime you go to those rooms where the sound is used. That's why I included 3 versions of that sound within the mod. You can choose which one to use, and one of those versions is purely instrumental, with no crew chattering, no voices. All you need to do is listen to them (in the data/sound folder) and choose which one you like. After that, you need to rename the one you like. Ex: The one with no chattering, the file name ends with a ...3. You need to remove that number from the end of the file name for the game to load it instead of the other one. Obviously, you'll need to rename the standard one first.

2. The updates... you really need to install those updates. They are a very important part of the soundpack, with some bugs fixed. In my filefront page, in the same folder of the soundpack, you will find two updates, V3.1 and V3.2. You need to enable both with JSGME. First enable the V3, then 3.1 and finally 3.2. They contain some important corrections and bugfixes.

This is an old buggy game, and this soundpack was the best I could do, game-permitting. Still, you'll eventually find a lot of flaws... we do what we can.

By the way, your english is not bad at all!
__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #415
Rodolph
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks allot Mr. Thomsen. Fast, friendly and clear answer ! I understand well and accept without havin any problems with it. Just enjoying the new athmosphere. Very impressive.
Its realy as simple as you wrote on first side to install the updates. I just couldnt belive it. So I already did the update without recognize it.

Now I have to check out a new (for me!) good loocking mod-the real navigation mod.
Together with the new sound it will be real a new game for me.

Ho Ho Ho und `ne Buddel voll Rum! Greets, Rodolph
Rodolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #416
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolph
Thanks allot Mr. Thomsen. Fast, friendly and clear answer ! I understand well and accept without havin any problems with it. Just enjoying the new athmosphere. Very impressive.
Its realy as simple as you wrote on first side to install the updates. I just couldnt belive it. So I already did the update without recognize it.

Now I have to check out a new (for me!) good loocking mod-the real navigation mod.
Together with the new sound it will be real a new game for me.

Ho Ho Ho und `ne Buddel voll Rum! Greets, Rodolph
No problem!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
If you have the time, check the Water mod and the Ships mod, you might like it!
__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #417
kiwikapitan
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 108
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default All you need is hot chicks!

Heh I'm wondering who the clown was who changed the text at the bottom of the main menu. :hmm:

I love the interior ambience sounds. Makes the sub feel like it's living and breathing!

I still use sounds from Improved U-boat 1.03 (anyone remember that old super-mod?) the exterior diesel sound and battery sounds were the best IMO so I have a collection of my favourite sounds JGSME ready you see?

Anyway Mr. Thomsen I wonder if you could tell me what files are needed for the awesome start sequence. You push CTRL+S to start up the diesels. I would love to keep that sound without using the whole mod.
__________________
Proud GWX user! but currently on WAC holiday....
kiwikapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #418
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikapitan
Heh I'm wondering who the clown was who changed the text at the bottom of the main menu. :hmm:

I love the interior ambience sounds. Makes the sub feel like it's living and breathing!

I still use sounds from Improved U-boat 1.03 (anyone remember that old super-mod?) the exterior diesel sound and battery sounds were the best IMO so I have a collection of my favourite sounds JGSME ready you see?

Anyway Mr. Thomsen I wonder if you could tell me what files are needed for the awesome start sequence. You push CTRL+S to start up the diesels. I would love to keep that sound without using the whole mod.
You want only that sound?

In the speech folder, if I remember correctly, it's the "we_marking nearest ship" or something.

__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #419
kiwikapitan
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 108
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikapitan
Heh I'm wondering who the clown was who changed the text at the bottom of the main menu. :hmm:

I love the interior ambience sounds. Makes the sub feel like it's living and breathing!

I still use sounds from Improved U-boat 1.03 (anyone remember that old super-mod?) the exterior diesel sound and battery sounds were the best IMO so I have a collection of my favourite sounds JGSME ready you see?

Anyway Mr. Thomsen I wonder if you could tell me what files are needed for the awesome start sequence. You push CTRL+S to start up the diesels. I would love to keep that sound without using the whole mod.
You want only that sound?

In the speech folder, if I remember correctly, it's the "we_marking nearest ship" or something.

Danke herr Kapitan!
__________________
Proud GWX user! but currently on WAC holiday....
kiwikapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #420
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang
 
Philipp_Thomsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Drunk at the whorehouse
Posts: 2,288
Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0


Default

I'm modding this no more.

Anybody can take this project on.

Best of luck!
__________________
To each his own
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
living

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim