SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-10, 12:52 PM   #436
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Install GWX first then Commander (which is a separate/standalone application) then point it to GWX when prompted.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 01:28 PM   #437
Victor_Tadeu
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Yay! Thanks!
Victor_Tadeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 01:58 PM   #438
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Your welcome matey....we are all real friendly here on this forum...usually

Old 08-02-10, 02:49 PM   #439
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Also do not forget to install the GWX SH3 Commander compatibility files that are needed by SH3 Commander to operate properly.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 02:07 AM   #440
slipper
Navy Dude

Downloads: 385

Hi all,

I have just got back into SH3, using GWX gold, SH3Cmdr 3.2, and the GWX SH3 compatability files.

I was wondering if the "sabotage and malfunction" option is ok to use in SH3Cmdr? I seem to remember when using it a few years ago that there was a problem which may cause CTD's. Has this been fixed? or was it a figment of my imagination?

cheers all

regards

slipper
slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 07:25 AM   #441
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
I was wondering if the "sabotage and malfunction" option is ok to use in SH3Cmdr? I seem to remember when using it a few years ago that there was a problem which may cause CTD's.
I know there are players who use it and I don't recall reading any reports of it causing a rash of CTD issues.

From what I have read, most problems related to the use of Commander seem to result from not rolling back whatever changes it makes to the game before making additional edits to the game files either manually or by disabling/enabling mods.

Commander has an option for automatic rollback every time you exit the game and that seems to be the easiest way to avoid most potential conflicts.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:05 AM   #442
Victor_Tadeu
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

How can I reload a saved career? Just open the game whith the Commander without putting a name and choosing a flotilla?

I already have discovered that you shouldn't place the same name again and launch the game... my profile has been replaced.
Victor_Tadeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:57 AM   #443
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

If you have saved a career profile and the associated savegames within the game itself, that kaleun's name will appear in the list of saved career profiles you see to the left when you open Commander. His status as reported by Commander should match the status of your last save within that career.

For instance, if you were playing that career and did a save and exit while in the middle of patrol #3, when you reopen Commander and select that kaleun you should see info for his career/status on the right. It should show that he is "at sea on patrol 3" or something to that effect.

If you had completed the patrol and returned to base before exiting the game, his status in Commander should include something like "at home base before patrol 4."

In other words, Commander keeps an active and up-to-date record of where the game says your kaleun was at the time of your last save. To resume playing that kaleun's career, all you have to do is select his name and tell Commander to load the game, then select his career in the game, and you can start up where you left off when you last exited.

If your kaleun's name already appears in Commander as an available career to play, and you create another career "from scratch" with the same name, you'll have troubles as you've already seen.

Now - if you're talking about reloading a saved career which has already ended in-game because your kaleun went down with his boat the last time out, what you have to do is reload a save that you made prior to losing the boat, which will delete all saves after that point and thus "erase" your death. Or you can manually select and delete all the savegames after the last save where you were still alive and well. If you do that, your kaleun's career reverts to where it was in that last save, and when you exit the game and reopen Commander, the same status should be reflected there.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 04:50 PM   #444
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 282

edit*

SH3 Deeper Torpedo Launch / Realistic Crush Depth Mod Here -
http://www.filefront.com/user/pickinthebanjo

Last edited by pickinthebanjo; 08-09-10 at 05:31 PM.
pickinthebanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 04:38 AM   #445
slipper
Navy Dude

Hi all,

Sorry all another question. I have downloaded the excellent Merchant Fleet Mod and associated skin packs, and i was wondering how i may be able to set up SH3Cmdr's date function to install the skins at the correct time?

If anyone has done this i wouldn't mind a walkthrough please.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards

slipper
Old 08-10-10, 08:26 AM   #446
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It's very simple actually. You just look in Commander's 'Date' folder. There are already many different functions applied there, some for date-based history updates, some for the War Radio mod that puts them in the Gramophone.

Just Change the title of each skins folder so it reads exactly like one of the folders already in 'Date', and it should install it on that date all by itself. Or you can take the Data folder of each one out and put it inside one of the folders with a date on it that's closest.

For instance, copy the Data folder inside MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901 and paste in inside Commander's Date/19390901 folder. When it says there's already a Data folder and asks if you want to overwrite it, click 'Yes'.

When you come to MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19400601, you'll see that there isn't a 'Date' folder in Commander with that label. Just make one, and paste the Data folder from that one into the one you just made.

For the first one, MFM-v3-Neutral-Skins-1940, copy and paste the Data folder into Commander's 19400101.

And you're done!
There you go, and you shouldn't be double posting, it clutters the forum

Old 08-10-10, 10:28 AM   #447
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
There you go, and you shouldn't be double posting, it clutters the forum
Where did I double-post?
Old 08-10-10, 12:40 PM   #448
slipper
Navy Dude

Got it! Thanks very much for your help

regards

slipper
Old 08-10-10, 01:36 PM   #449
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Where did I double-post?
you didn't double post, I was talking to slipper (Same question was posted seven minutes earlier in the IABL's merchant fleet thread)

I just used your old quote to answer his question

Old 08-10-10, 02:59 PM   #450
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
you didn't double post, I was talking to slipper (Same question was posted seven minutes earlier in the IABL's merchant fleet thread)

I just used your old quote to answer his question

Bloody plagiarism a calls it

There must be a royalty fee heading your way now

Tags
sh3 commander