SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-12, 05:18 PM   #781
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Wingerter View Post
Great job Reaper 5.01 works great so far(played 2 hour with no CTD). Well worth the wait. I agree with a earlier post ref the message box behind the 3 control. It is hard to see. Keep up the great work

Good to hear that its running stable, and to that end here is the latest bug fixed version:

Standalone Installation V5.01 is not needed or any other version.

Beta version of my latest UI V5.02

Download: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3488

Changes From 5.01
  • TDC is 100% complete (Proper Glass on Gauges)
  • RedLight Masks for TDC and Fat/Lut Panels complete
  • Lightened colour in MessageBox so Text is more readable
  • Added Rotatable handels in Fat/Lut to move Dial Needles
  • Fixed Crew Orders Clipboard so its selectable
  • Removed 2nd Knob (non functioning) from the Torpedo Speed Dial in TDC

Please report any bugs found. Thanks Guys.

PS: As for Battery/O2 levels these can be seen in the Crew Orders Managment.

Select Engineer - Then Reports (Only Icon on engineer page).
There is numerical values for the items on this report - I can create dial version here if required too.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 11:05 AM   #782
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282
Uploads: 0

Hi Reaper I had no trouble with 5.01 but when I went to 5.02( in the bunker) I had the exact same problem as I had with 5.0. In the bunker the nav map was white with a x in the box, and both interactive people where injured with no dialogue in the box except go to game. The message box at the bottom had no messages in it. I hope I had explained it well enough.
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 11:40 AM   #783
Luken
Loader

Downloads: 122

Hmm it is possible to turn on something like "real navigation" from TDWs UI?
Luken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 11:57 AM   #784
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi Reaper I had no trouble with 5.01 but when I went to 5.02( in the bunker) I had the exact same problem as I had with 5.0. In the bunker the nav map was white with a x in the box, and both interactive people where injured with no dialogue in the box except go to game. The message box at the bottom had no messages in it. I hope I had explained it well enough.
I'll double check I packaged all the files correctly. Sounds like a bad script (Did remove all Mods via JGSME and re-install them again).

EDIT: Re-Built the Package and confirmed working ok. Download from same link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken View Post
Hmm it is possible to turn on something like "real navigation" from TDWs UI?
Afraid Its not compatibly with any of TDWs UI features .

Last edited by reaper7; 02-11-12 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-11-12, 12:10 PM   #785
Luken
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Afraid Its not compatibly with any of TDWs UI features .
But it doesn't need to be a TDWs mod, just asking about that kind of feature, because if this UI suppose to be realistic, I think many people would choose to play with that kind of navigation also . I'm playing now with TDWs UI but also i'm planning to migrate to your UI, because it looks more immersive, and I'm concerned about "real navigation" as it's important feature for realistic play .
Old 02-11-12, 12:18 PM   #786
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken View Post
But it doesn't need to be a TDWs mod, just asking about that kind of feature, because if this UI suppose to be realistic, I think many people would choose to play with that kind of navigation also . I'm playing now with TDWs UI but also i'm planning to migrate to your UI, because it looks more immersive, and I'm concerned about "real navigation" as it's important feature for realistic play .
What exactly does Real Navigation do - I have used TDW's Mod so not sure how its Implemented.
What does it remove/add to the sim?

I'm sure something would be possible to do to add something like that once I knew what was required
Old 02-11-12, 12:41 PM   #787
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Hi Reaper I unloaded and reloaded the mods and still had the same problems. I even re-downloaded V5.02 again and it still didn't work.
Old 02-11-12, 12:57 PM   #788
Luken
Loader

Quote:
What exactly does Real Navigation do - I have used TDW's Mod so not sure how its Implemented.
What does it remove/add to the sim?

I'm sure something would be possible to do to add something like that once I knew what was required
Essentially it just removes your boat and any kind of things that auto-updates from the map, so you need to estimate your position yourself (or ask about it your navigator, that can do this with some margin of error (celestial fix (take longer to calculate but more accurate) or dead-reckoning (faster, related to last fixed position)). You have also sextant. The thing with navigator is propably harder to mod, but just removing our boat from map and implement sextant should be easy but I may be wrong .
Old 02-11-12, 03:23 PM   #789
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi Reaper I unloaded and reloaded the mods and still had the same problems. I even re-downloaded V5.02 again and it still didn't work.

Not sure what causing the Issue on your side Lewis, I've double checked all the files and getting no errors.
I've Installed 5.02 only via JGSME with no Issues.
Running perfectly this side

Something is Interfering with your Mod list, not sure what to suggest. Did you try a new campaign - it may be a corrupt save?
Old 02-11-12, 05:18 PM   #790
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Quote:
Not sure what causing the Issue on your side Lewis, I've double checked all the files and getting no errors.
I've Installed 5.02 only via JGSME with no Issues.
Running perfectly this side

Something is Interfering with your Mod list, not sure what to suggest. Did you try a new campaign - it may be a corrupt save?
I got 3 save file an I tried it on all 3 the same problem . I even tried it with only 5.02 and OH1.6 loaded(did not work). 5.01 works fine. I also tried(5.02) it on a historical mission and same problems. In my other post I dont know if I mention that the blank nav screen also shows up in the bunker and I cannot close it.

Last edited by Lewis Wingerter; 02-11-12 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-12-12, 09:54 AM   #791
xfit_dave
Swabbie

Downloads: 404

Hi REAPER7,

I too am experiencng exactly the same issues as Lewis with v5.02. I have started a new campaign and it is the only installed mod. SH5 is patched and has the following fixes: hydro, anti lag and 4Gig. I hope this will aid you running the issue to ground.
xfit_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 11:31 AM   #792
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfit_dave View Post
Hi REAPER7,

I too am experiencng exactly the same issues as Lewis with v5.02. I have started a new campaign and it is the only installed mod. SH5 is patched and has the following fixes: hydro, anti lag and 4Gig. I hope this will aid you running the issue to ground.
Hi Dave what type of video card are you using. mine is EVGA(Nivida) geForce 560 GX with the newest drivers(I am wondering if it could be video related). I an still using 5.01 with only a small problem with the periscope. The control box sometime refuse to open. the overhead torp screen works every time.
Old 02-12-12, 11:42 AM   #793
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Quote:
Hi Reaper I forgot to put in that I had 2 empty boxes at the bottom of the screen(middle) which had the word speed next to it . That was also in the bunker at start up.
Old 02-12-12, 01:42 PM   #794
Luken
Loader

Hello Reaper7,
I just wanted to thank you for your work with SH5 UI, I installed it and using now in version 4.14, it's just awesome, immersion is almost full, it's a shame that navigation is still simplified, but even with it it's great, so this post is not about whining, seeking for help or demanding, just personal thanks . I'm looking forward to 5.XX.
Old 02-12-12, 02:19 PM   #795
xfit_dave
Swabbie

Downloads: 404

Hi REAPER7 and LUKEN, just to be clear I too am having an excellent gaming experience with v4.14, and I totally appreciate the hard work and effort that REAPER7 commits to enhance my enjoyment OF sh5. My comments were not a winge, rather I was doing as requested - reporting bugs to aid in the development of an excellent GUI.
xfit_dave is offline   Reply With Quote