Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-18, 07:17 PM   #5491
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

My point is the GOP gets all self-righteous and moralistic, puffing up about how scandalous and abominable it is when a DEM is caught out in a wrong, but is extremely silent, evasive, or filled with excuses when one of their own i called out. I'm all for taking out both sides and have no qualms about seeing DEMs or GOP removed, impeached, or whatever is necessary to make them take responsibility for their actions. I've got no party, but, as I've said before, I'd give serious consideration to joining a party that had the guts, morality, and the willingness to be as forceful in policing their own party members as they are in policing other parties. So far the GOP, in their "turn at bat" are just as bad (worse, if you consider they seem to think its a good idea to kiss that fat ass sitting in the Oval Office) as the DEMs; and I don't really expect any different when the DEMs take over...

Basically, if you're gonna talk the talk, ya gotta walk the walk...

<O>
Old 10-01-18, 09:00 PM   #5492
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

These two accounts have been frozen, meaning you can't contribute to them anymore, but I hear there is a third one with $200k in that one. Dr Ford said in court, "I'm aware that there's been several GoFundMe sites," and then added that she didn't know how to access that money. I bet those two free attorney's on either side of her could help her do that.

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/g...ne-blasey-ford

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Circa) — Two GoFundMe accounts created for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, have raised more than $700,000.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-01-18, 09:08 PM   #5493
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

BREAKING NEWS : The #Safeway store that #DrFord claims to have gone to in 1982 after the attempted rape, didn’t open until 1986
or achievement

Last edited by Mr Quatro; 10-03-18 at 02:24 PM. Reason: fake news
Old 10-01-18, 09:19 PM   #5494
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Welcome to the Information Age. This is really what it's all about? The ability to accumulate political clout through the interwebs?

That, just highlights the need for a free press! Yes, there will be bull thrown without mercy, but that is no change from what has gone before, just the methods have changed and are subject to wider scrutiny.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 10-01-18 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Language
Old 10-01-18, 10:07 PM   #5495
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I guess Rachel Mitchell doesn't "believe".

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36519...aign=Actengage

Quote:
Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor who questioned Christine Blasey Ford last week during a hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, wrote a five-page memo that was released on Sunday that outlines why she would not bring criminal charges against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Mitchell's memo notes nine significant problems with Ford's testimony and underscores that her case is "even weaker" than a "he said, she said" case.
"A 'he said, she said' case is incredibly difficult to prove," Mitchell states. "But this case is even weaker than that. Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-02-18, 01:00 AM   #5496
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

Being of an age (an old age), my teen years were in the 1960s and I can tell you one thing: if a guy tried to molest a girl and word got back to her father, brother(s), any other male family members, or a close male friend of the girl, the guy who did the molesting would have been subjected to a bit of "curbside justice" even if there were no law(s) explicitly prohibiting the molestation.
What, you never went parking with a girl, or to a drive in movie (or maybe a sailboat or airplane)? "Excuse me, Miss, may I have permission to touch your boob?" Is that how it went in your land? Cool, I always wanted an Amish friend.

Sounds like you grew up with Wally Cleaver and the Beach Boys. I was a teen during the Motley Crue/Animal House generation

Old 10-02-18, 02:12 AM   #5497
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
BREAKING NEWS : The #Safeway store that #DrFord claims to have gone to in 1982 after the attempted rape, didn’t open until 1986
1986 is when Safeway was bought by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, that's what that document is about.
Quote:
1986: KKR completed a friendly $5.5 billion buyout of Safeway to help management avoid hostile overtures from Herbert and Robert Haft of Dart Drug.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlbe..._early_history

This site about the history of Riverfalls mentions Safeway opening in 1968:
Quote:
The District Grocery Store (‘DGS’) occupied the building where the Hunter’s Inn and Chico’s are now located; the Safeway would open its doors in 1968.
Here's an article from The Washington Post dated October 12, 1985:
Quote:
Castleberry said the Potomac Village Safeway has "wanted to expand almost from the time we came in there in 1968. But we were always told by residents that they liked things 'just the way they are'. . . . It has always been a low-key village concept."
Old 10-02-18, 02:14 AM   #5498
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONKEL NEAL
Is that how it went in your land? Cool, I always wanted an Amish friend.
ONLY DURING 'RUMSPRINGA' bby!!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumspringa ....NO TELLING HOW MANY SUBSIMMERS WE HAVE IN LANCASTER COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA....AND THE ONE THING YOU NEVER HIT WHILE DRIVING IN AMISH COUNTRY IN YOUR EIGHTEEN WHEELER>

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-02-18, 05:31 AM   #5499
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
What, you never went parking with a girl, or to a drive in movie (or maybe a sailboat or airplane)? "Excuse me, Miss, may I have permission to touch your boob?" Is that how it went in your land? Cool, I always wanted an Amish friend.

Sounds like you grew up with Wally Cleaver and the Beach Boys. I was a teen during the Motley Crue/Animal House generation
C'mon, Neal. You're better than this. Simplifications to the extreme never end well.
Old 10-02-18, 08:38 AM   #5500
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
1986 is when Safeway was bought by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, that's what that document is about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlbe..._early_history

This site about the history of Riverfalls mentions Safeway opening in 1968:
Here's an article from The Washington Post dated October 12, 1985:
No more facebook postings for me ... can you imagine how many seeds of hatred get spread by both sides on Facebook alone and no one bothers to check it out?

I bet the Russians in some back room somewhere already know that
or achievement

Old 10-02-18, 09:23 AM   #5501
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
No more facebook postings for me ... can you imagine how many seeds of hatred get spread by both sides on Facebook alone and no one bothers to check it out?

I bet the Russians in some back room somewhere already know that
It's not a big secret that if you hear something on Facebook, your first instinct should be to not believe it.
Old 10-02-18, 10:35 AM   #5502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Book of Changes for me, please. Much more credible.
Old 10-02-18, 12:02 PM   #5503
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Well, atleast US representative to NATO is competent....
https://nato.usmission.gov/october-2-2018-press-briefing-by-ambassador-kay-bailey-hutchison/
Old 10-02-18, 02:39 PM   #5504
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Going into the defensive towards Putin is the wrong way.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-03-18, 03:18 AM   #5505
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtyp e=Homepage

The "self-made" man...not that anything would be really surprising. Also this, for sure, will have again no consequences and is surely again only fake news, by liberals, who are eager to destroy the country.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter