SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-17, 06:17 PM   #1
IanH755
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Campaign - Abandon Ship next to friendly port - Game Over!

Hi All,

This game runs from extremely fun to out-right bloody stupid with every mission.

1st mission in the '84 campaign - sail to Narvik to stop the Spetsnaz, no problem, sunk 2 subs.

2nd Mission - Stop the amphibious landing at Narvik. No problem, sunk everything (11 ships) but got damaged and as I can't shake a bloody helicopter, which never runs out of fuel, I have to abandon ship - Right next to the Friendly Narvik Harbour (which is part of Friendly Norway, next to Friendly Sweden, next to Friendly Finland and 650km from Russia) - Game Over!!!!! - "you we're picked up by Russians and were killed in captivity" - WHAT???????????

It's the one thing so far which really turns me off the game. I love the difficulty levels but the stupid "game logic" ruins it just when you think you're having fun!

Once it's a bit more developed it should been a really good game as there are some aspects I really love but the "beta-ness" of it so far really starts to annoy at times.

PS If you have a damaged hull and can't submerge are there any tips for getting rid of a weapon-less helicopter?
Old 07-22-17, 06:24 PM   #2
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

In any new simulation, there will be anomalies. I believe things are being worked on.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 08:28 PM   #3
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

I've had the opposite of being sunk literally in the middle of a Russian harbor and being rescued. Definitely has a few bugs to work out.

-Jenrick
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 07:05 AM   #4
IanH755
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well looking at the notes for the upcoming 1.06 patch it solves (hopefully) quite a few of my annoyances such torps homing on dead ships, AI ramming the sea bed or imploding, campaign "abandon ship" issues as above fixed etc.

Should be a good patch!